Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to Interview Brian Gaine for GM

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    99% of this board never even heard of Tom Gamble or Dave Caldwell until 3 weeks ago.

Now all of the sudden we're up sh*ts creek without a paddle if we don't land one of them?
    They we're the Jets top prospects as well until mysterious circumstances suddenly have us flying in every which direction. Now Woody's filling his slate with a bunch of second round talent that nobody had heard of until 3 hours ago.

This interview process is teaching Woody about football operations, he said he was learning from each interview - wonder if this is about gathering intel

I think Gamble is the man for this job

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Someone said he's an up and comer, having been a Parcells protege. Still, he's not at the top of my list. The Dolphins have done **** the last few years.
    I don't like the Parcell Ties. I think its time to do away with all the Parcell guys.

BUT better than Cohen (dont want any internal guys)

Why are people ripping? Here is why:

Here is our list of top candidates as presented by some company we hired.

1 - No
    2 - No
    3 - No

hmph....better get some more names.

4 - No
    5 - No
    6 - No

Hmph.....better get some more names.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Crazy huh? Tom Gamble gets mentioned as a top gm candidate in an article 1-2 months ago and now he is Bill Polian.
    Maybe not, but Polian thinks awfully highly of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @AlbertBreer: Jets have asked for and received permission to interview Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine for their GM spot.

Let the JI hysteria begin.
    Would it be unjustified?

Two days ago we were shopping at Tiffany's. Now look where we are at.

What happened? Oh, that's right. Rex and Woody had a presser. THAT'S what happened.

I think Brian Gaine is going to be the next GM. He's not an established GM so I don't think the Rex thing will be a problem. He's a Parcells disciple, (Parcells recommended Rex Ryan for the HC job in the first place). Woody has a long history with this person.

I think Gaine gets hired.

Someone said he's an up and comer, having been a Parcells protege. Still, he's not at the top of my list. The Dolphins have done **** the last few years.
    And you know he was the one making the picks? And you know the scouting reports he prepared were directly related to the picks MIA made?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    They we're the Jets top prospects as well until mysterious circumstances suddenly have us flying in every which direction. Now Woody's filling his slate with a bunch of second round talent that nobody had heard of until 3 hours ago.
    2nd round talent?

LOL

Why? Because their names weren't included on some potential GM's list published by Cimini or Manish a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Would it be unjustified?

Two days ago we were shopping at Tiffany's. Now look where we are at.

What happened? Oh, that's right. Rex and Woody had a presser. THAT'S what happened.
    Tiffany's according to whom? Do you or anyone else here know the difference for candidate A, B or C?

Geez. Rex admitted he interviewed 2 guys for OC-Callahan and Sparano.

How did limiting that search and picking 1 of your 2 interviews play out

And if they were from Tiffany's why are they still on the shelf coming into this yr.
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-09-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I think Brian Gaine is going to be the next GM. He's not an established GM so I don't think the Rex thing will be a problem. He's a Parcells disciple, (Parcells recommended Rex Ryan for the HC job in the first place). Woody has a long history with this person.

I think Gaine gets hired.
    me too. don't know why.

Veteran
    How people can rip these candidates is comical.

Do any of you know a thing about their talents, their weaknesses.

You're basing your "opinion" on their current team. But none of us know how good their scouting reports are and if the ultimate decision makers listen to their thoughts or not.

As I posted in the tweets thread our own Tony Pauline knows Gaine and speaks highly of him
    This is very true. We're all just reacting to what we read on the internet. If Tony Pauline speaks highly of Gaine, that's as solid a recommendation as I've heard for any of the other candidates (excepting Gamble). I wonder where Tony would rate Gaine against the other mentioned candidates?

Veteran
    99% of this board never even heard of Tom Gamble or Dave Caldwell until 3 weeks ago.

Now all of the sudden we're up sh*ts creek without a paddle if we don't land one of them?
    Thank you finally someone with some damn sense !

Jets Insider VIP
    And you know he was the one making the picks? And you know the scouting reports he prepared were directly related to the picks MIA made?
    Didn't know I couldn't develop an opinion. Next time I'll run it by you.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    This is very true. We're all just reacting to what we read on the internet. If Tony Pauline speaks highly of Gaine, that's as solid a recommendation as I've heard for any of the other candidates (excepting Gamble). I wonder where Tony would rate Gaine against the other mentioned candidates?
    Go to the Draft Forum and ask him.

Didn't know I couldn't develop an opinion. Next time I'll run it by you.
    LOL. No comment.

Brian Gaine worked for the Jets from 98 until Parcells went to Dallas so he knows Bradway et al. He's a Parcells' disciple who then followed Bill to the Dolphins in 2008. So he's got familiarity going for him and presumably he's going to get Bill's strong recommendation, which probably would carry a lot of weight with Woody. Throw in that he's not one of the hot candidates and so he's probably more likely to accept the shotgun wedding with Rex, and it all adds up ---- he's the Jets' man.

Hall Of Fame
    2nd round talent?

LOL

Why? Because their names weren't included on some potential GM's list published by Cimini or Manish a month ago?
    Because they weren't being pursued until the top tier candidates started to become unavailable.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Brian Gaine worked for the Jets from 98 until Parcells went to Dallas so he knows Bradway et al. He's a Parcells' disciple who then followed Bill to the Dolphins in 2008. So he's got familiarity going for him and presumably he's going to get Bill's strong recommendation, which probably would carry a lot of weight with Woody. Throw in that he's not one of the hot candidates and so he's probably more likely to accept the shotgun wedding with Rex, and it all adds up ---- he's the Jets' man.
    I didn't know this at all. It does sound logical especially the Bradway link...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    This interview process is teaching Woody about football operations, he said he was learning from each interview - wonder if this is about gathering intel

I think Gamble is the man for this job
    If Woody learning the real way to operate an NFL franchise is a byproduct of this whole process, that's the best thing that will come out of this.