Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets to Interview Brian Gaine for GM

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Someone said he's an up and comer, having been a Parcells protege. Still, he's not at the top of my list. The Dolphins have done **** the last few years.
    Whose personnel would you rather have right now? Jets or Fins? The Fins D front 7 is better than the Jets. The Fins QB is better than the Jets. The Fins have better RB's. Maybe they are about the same at WR, but the Fins don't pay their guys much. The Jets have a better secondary, but probably will not have the money to re-sign Landry.

Plus, the Fins have 35.8 million is cap space to go along with their superior roster. So, I think their front office is doing a pretty good job. All they need is a coach and the jury is still out on Philbin.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Actually BB was hired as HC and Parcells as "consultant".

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/05/sp...-to-coach.html
    Jeez. We should have kept it that way. LOL.

That is why we had to give NE picks. To allow Parcells to become HC.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    +1

We learned nothing from bringing in Sparano and a host of scrubs from the Miami debacle?

C Mart, please send your resume to Woody.
    +1

I would have more faith in C Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1

I can see Rex introducing C-Mart already...

"As soon as I sat down with this guy and read his tweets, I was like, "Whoa...", you know? I knew he was our guy".

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jeez. We should have kept it that way. LOL.

That is why we had to give NE picks. To allow Parcells to become HC.
    I think the fact that Hess first hired him and then replaced him with the Tuna after Tags sat down with Kraft and Leon and worked out a deal really pissed off BB.. If I was him I wouldn't have gone along with being demoted to DC.. I was going to make that a trivia question the other day when people were asking; did a HC ever take a demotion and stay on the same team..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

+1

Finally a C Mart that even I believe in..

+1

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I can see Rex introducing C-Mart already...

"As soon as I sat down with this guy and read his tweets, I was like, "Whoa...", you know? I knew he was our guy".
    He possesses excellent organizational skills, as well as a fine tuned sense of decorum and, when appropriate, good natured jocularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    +1

We learned nothing from bringing in Sparano and a host of scrubs from the Miami debacle?

C Mart, please send your resume to Woody.
    LOL.thanks but not for GM and as long as Rex is there. I don't want my resume tarnished with that association. LOL

Actually I think Gaine sounds like a great candidate. Again don't go by the team they are with. Look at what they have done. These guys haven't been in positions to have the final say. So how do we know if their bosses have listened to them and how much when it comes to picks/signings.

But he's played in the NFL. Been involved with the pro personnel side (existing NFL player evaluations) and the college scouting / evaluation side.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I think Brian Gaine is going to be the next GM. He's not an established GM so I don't think the Rex thing will be a problem. He's a Parcells disciple, (Parcells recommended Rex Ryan for the HC job in the first place). Woody has a long history with this person.

I think Gaine gets hired.
    Based on his resume, I'm shocked he wasn't the first guy they called. Woody has a hard-on for anyone connected to Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Whose personnel would you rather have right now? Jets or Fins? The Fins D front 7 is better than the Jets. The Fins QB is better than the Jets. The Fins have better RB's. Maybe they are about the same at WR, but the Fins don't pay their guys much. The Jets have a better secondary, but probably will not have the money to re-sign Landry.

Plus, the Fins have 35.8 million is cap space to go along with their superior roster. So, I think their front office is doing a pretty good job. All they need is a coach and the jury is still out on Philbin.
    Bravo!
    This GM search gets funnier by the minute. Now we're all GM experts!
    Maybe some of these guys that have these so called excellent resumes just got lucky!
    The draft is a lot of luck!
    How high did they pick?
    Now the GM with Indy is a "genius"
    Yea right!
    TY Hilton would be a NOBODY if the Jets picked him last year! Ballard?
    OK!
    It's the QB STUPID! & this young & upcoming genius picked up his phone & said
    Andrew Luck is our pick.
    That there is some real genius I tell ya, how in the world did he know to pick luck with the #1 overall, I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Based on his resume, I'm shocked he wasn't the first guy they called. Woody has a hard-on for anyone connected to Parcells.
    Knowing Woody, he probably wanted the splashiest candidate I.E Gamble and Caldwell.

Once those disappeared, he goes to the next level.

LOL.thanks but not for GM and as long as Rex is there. I don't want my resume tarnished with that association. LOL

Actually I think Gaine sounds like a great candidate. Again don't go by the team they are with. Look at what they have done. These guys haven't been in positions to have the final say. So how do we know if their bosses have listened to them and how much when it comes to picks/signings.

But he's played in the NFL. Been involved with the pro personnel side (existing NFL player evaluations) and the college scouting / evaluation side.
    LOL. See, the guy is an ace at reading situations, tends, and future ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Finally a C Mart that even I believe in..
    LOL! Priceless!

Thanks for the props guys.

Once the dust settles and a GM is in place if anyone has connections I'd gladly listen to some sort of role with the Jets.

I'll let Woody know what his fans really think. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Nevertheless, Colonel Mustard, somebody is going to take the job.
    and therein lie the Jets problems

LOL! Priceless!

Thanks for the props guys.
    Once the dust settles and a GM is in place if anyone has connections I'd gladly listen to some sort of role with the Jets.

I'll let Woody know what his fans really think. LOL.
    No Jets fan should take the job after Woody alleged yesterday that Rex Ryan was just like Jets fans: "sophisticated".

Veteran
    Still no news from KC on Dorsey. Anyone think he is still on the Jets list?

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    @BrianCoz: Four GM openings left: Jets, Chiefs, Panthers, Browns #nyj

All I have

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I doubt it. It was all but a done deal that he was going to Kansas City as Reid's hand picked guy. I still think that is where he goes.

Veteran
    @BrianCoz: Four GM openings left: Jets, Chiefs, Panthers, Browns #nyj

All I have
    Thanks. I guess it's only Wednesday..Still like his Packers connection...

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Maybe not, but Polian thinks awfully highly of him.
    And Bill Parcells though highly of Tony Sparano - just sayin.