Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Request Permission to Interview Jimmy Raye for GM

Jets Request Permission to Interview Jimmy Raye for GM

@AdamSchefter: Jets requested permission to interview Miami's Brian Gaine and San Diego's Jimmy Raye for GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The good news: It doesn't look like Cohen's getting the job.

The bad news: They've completely moved on from Gamble.

Last edited by C Mart; 01-09-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

We s'posed to be gamblin' nation now, doe.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

I don't think that's really bad news. With the Chargers signing a GM, that makes 3 teams (including the Jets) that have passed over him. That's very suspicious.

To steal Tannys line "it's a process".

Nothing wrong with interviewing XX number of guys and getting various info/viewpoints before making a decision.

This guy's dad was on Herm's staff.
    I think he kind of sucked.

Anyone know anything about Raye?

Jimmy Raye? I'm not a fan but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: Jets requested permission to interview Miami's Brian Gaine and San Diego's Jimmy Raye for GM.
    It's called due diligence. Jimmy Raye seems like a fine candidate. SD has a long track record of drafting well. But I was relieved after figuring out its JRIII, and not JRII.

After reading about Raye, I have to say that I like him. Of course I remember his father here with the Jets as a coach, but I didn't realize Raye had that much history.

He'd be the GM of the Chargers right now but they had the same dumbass opinion as a lot of fans here that you MUST NOT hire from within.

AJ Smith and Raye have made good personel decisions over the last many years. Smith's only retarded decision was the coach he chose to hire. Who knows what Raye thought of Norv.

All League
    I will say this about this search, it doesn't appear to be focused on a person who knows Rex or one person, i.e. Gamble, Cohen. Looks like the Kory folks are earning their money

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Anyone know anything about Raye?
    longtime mediocre NFL OC. He's Brian Schottenheimer without the famous last name.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    longtime mediocre NFL OC. He's Brian Schottenheimer without the famous last name.
    Wrong Raye

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    After reading about Raye, I have to say that I like him. Of course I remember his father here with the Jets as a coach, but I didn't realize Raye had that much history.

He'd be the GM of the Chargers right now but they had the same dumbass opinion as a lot of fans here that you MUST NOT hire from within.

AJ Smith and Raye have made good personel decisions over the last many years. Smith's only retarded decision was the coach he chose to hire. Who knows what Raye thought of Norv.
    No one knows how much input Raye had on those decisions. Again, if people hate AJ Smith as a candidate how could they like Jimmy Raye his supposed #1?

wrong raye

No one knows how much input Raye had on those decisions. Again, if people hate AJ Smith as a candidate how could they like Jimmy Raye his supposed #1?
    Once again: This is Jimmy Raye III. Jimmy Raye II was the coordinator.

Why wouldn't someone want AJ Smith as GM? The guy puts together a talented roster every year and never lets a player get the best of him in a contract negotiation. His only mistake was preferring Rivers over Brees, but Brees was coming off a serious shoulder injury and going with Rivers was a no-brainer at the time.

Hall Of Fame
    The Chargers really haven't drafted all that well since Buddy Nix left.

The only big reason to hate AJ Smith is for his coaching choice. Player-wise he's done a very nice job over the years.