Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball Hall of Fame: NO ONE gets elected in 2013

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Pete should be let in IMO. I get what he did was wrong but as a compulsive gambler I feel for him a bit. Sometimes it is something you can't control. The biggest argument is he put a black mark on the game. Well the black mark was more on him then the game in reality. It was never proven he threw games. Yeah he bet on himself as a manager but I think you have to judge him as a player in regards to the hall. His bat is already in the hall will it really hurt so much to give him a plate?
    Rose is not someone to feel bad for. He would be in HOF right now if he manned up and came clean. He was given multiple chances to admit what he did and have his suspension lifted but being the schmuck he is he refused.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pete should be let in IMO. I get what he did was wrong but as a compulsive gambler I feel for him a bit. Sometimes it is something you can't control. The biggest argument is he put a black mark on the game. Well the black mark was more on him then the game in reality. It was never proven he threw games. Yeah he bet on himself as a manager but I think you have to judge him as a player in regards to the hall. His bat is already in the hall will it really hurt so much to give him a plate?
    I don't feel bad for him in slightest. He lied about it for 20 years. Also even if he didn't bet against the Reds, which I'm not sure about, did he bet the same amount every single game? If not he was sending a message to his bookies with his betting habits.
    I wouldn't give him a chance to profit from being in the HOF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I don't feel bad for him in slightest. He lied about it for 20 years. Also even if he didn't bet against the Reds, which I'm not sure about, did he bet the same amount every single game? If not he was sending a message to his bookies with his betting habits.
    He profits more not being in the hall every year. Once a year for a week or so we still talk about him like he is reverent. He gets paid to go on talk shows, WWE, network TV to talk about Bud and the committee and how they messed up again this year. Heck I think there is a reality TV show with him. As mentioned he already has his name in the hall tagged to his bat. So it isn't like your actually giving him something. He probably doesn't want to be in the hall at this point because he is making so much just for not being in. One plaque and we stop having to talk about him every year and yes he should have it anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He profits more not being in the hall every year. Once a year for a week or so we still talk about him like he is reverent. He gets paid to go on talk shows, WWE, network TV to talk about Bud and the committee and how they messed up again this year. Heck I think there is a reality TV show with him. As mentioned he already has his name in the hall tagged to his bat. So it isn't like your actually giving him something. He probably doesn't want to be in the hall at this point because he is making so much just for not being in. One plaque and we stop having to talk about him every year and yes he should have it anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZT4EpnaSE

Hilarious. Pete Rose talking **** to Boston.

Piazza and Biggio are going to get in. Lots of voters have said they vote for them next year. Next couple of years Id expect Piazza, Biggio, Glavine and Maddux to get in. Maybe Schilling and Morris.

Clemens and Bonds...well. When you look at their voting percentages and read their numbers its incredible that they probably will never get in.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    They should at least let Pete Rose in he just gambled..
    I don't agree. He gambled on his games, that he was managing. He pulled Eric Davis and better players to make games close. He also bet against his team. This is more than gambling. Gambling on any other team, who really cares, but his was like the Blacksox by himself by controlling the team and betting. He's like Belicheat. Both have forgotten we have a game of rules.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    +1000

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Rose is not someone to feel bad for. He would be in HOF right now if he manned up and came clean. He was given multiple chances to admit what he did and have his suspension lifted but being the schmuck he is he refused.
    also true.