Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 233

Thread: Jim Popp for GM!!

  1. #41
    And another + in Popp's corner, he's got some hockey hair going on up there


    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/page/jim-popp

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    And another + in Popp's corner, he's got some hockey hair going on up there


    http://en.montrealalouettes.com/page/jim-popp
    didn't the Ryan's grow up playing hockey in Canada?

    this pop guy would be just another stooge in Rex's clown parade

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So the only GM who wants to work for the Jets is from the CFL Alouettes?
    And it begins....

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Fire Poop!®

    now legally mine. will be in big demand in three years.
    Could you imagine if they cut a player named Cherry at some point?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    And it begins....
    amazing isn't it...No looking at his bio/resume or how well he was regarded by Indy last yr and Carolina...Just an uniformed comment

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Garrett McIntyre is the only guy on this team with natural qb rushing moves.

    I'm in with Popp.

    Jimmy Raye sounds like he should own a sausage company.
    So now we're going with how guys names sound?

  7. #47
    Even though it's in the CFL, Popp's fingerprints are all over the hugely successful Alouettes. He's put together the teams, maintained them, coached. He's really done it all. And coming from the CFL to the NFL he'll have something to prove.

    Most of the candidates the Jets have or will interview haven't had nearly as much say or responsibility in their teams as Popp has had with the Alouettes.

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Montréal, Qc.
    Posts
    647
    Guys, I'm from Montreal & I can tell you Jim Popp is great (he's an American by the way)

    There is alot of turnover in the CFL from one season to the next. This guy always finds a way to keep the Montreal Alouettes at the top

    Being a fan of both franchises, I would lose on one end but would win on the other

    Again, he's great

  9. #49
    and Rex and be Snap, Woody can be Krackle and Popp is Pop... Great combo!

    Snap, Krackle, Pop

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Guys, I'm from Montreal & I can tell you Jim Popp is great (he's an American by the way)

    There is alot of turnover in the CFL from one season to the next. This guy always finds a way to keep the Montreal Alouettes at the top

    Being a fan of both franchises, I would lose on one end but would win on the other

    Again, he's great
    Hah! I live in Winnipeg and follow the Bombers during the offseason. I absolutely f*cking hate the Alouettes because they're just as consistent as the Patriots. That's a compliment to Jim Popp and his work ethic.

  11. #51
    Really though what makes these "other" candiadates that much better??? Look at Tanny's resume if you are living in Kansas City. Two AFC Champ, three playoff years and willing to get the big names. Two losing seasons out of 7, drafted Revis, got Cromartie for a 2nd rd pick and signed Landry, both whom are in this years in the Pro Bowl.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,567
    I want this guy!!!!

    I would choose PoP

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Some interesting info on Popp

    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl...191057129.html


    Popp’s record in Montreal is nothing short of amazing. He’s been with the organization since its time in Baltimore and has found plenty of incredible talent over that time, a key reason why the Alouettes have been an East Division powerhouse for the last decade-plus. Some of his players have gone on to NFL success, too, including the Bengals’ Andrew Hawkins at the moment, so that could bode well for southern evaluations of his talent. The Carolina job is also an intriguing one that he may well receive significant consideration for; Popp’s from the area and has plenty of connections in local football circles, and Panthers’ owner Jerry Richardson is being advised by former Giants’ general manager Ernie Accorsi, a long-time fan of Popp’s.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Hah! I live in Winnipeg and follow the Bombers during the offseason. I absolutely f*cking hate the Alouettes because they're just as consistent as the Patriots. That's a compliment to Jim Popp and his work ethic.
    Edmonton here and echo what the other Canucks are saying. Every few years I predict the Al's will fall flat on their faces and they never do.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Really though what makes these "other" candiadates that much better??? Look at Tanny's resume if you are living in Kansas City. Two AFC Champ, three playoff years and willing to get the big names. Two losing seasons out of 7, drafted Revis, got Cromartie for a 2nd rd pick and signed Landry, both whom are in this years in the Pro Bowl.
    We just don't know until they are here for a while. what we do know about Tanny is as follows:

    - He has made some good moves and drafted some good players.
    - He had a history of trading up and not taking later round picks seriously leading to an appalling lack of depth and development.
    - For all of the mention of him being a 'cap guru' he has left the Jets in very poor cap position at this time.

    He has simply made 'the big mistake' in a couple of areas and you can't do that.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Edmonton here and echo what the other Canucks are saying. Every few years I predict the Al's will fall flat on their faces and they never do.
    Calvillo is going to play until he's 78. He's the CFL version of Gordie Howe.

  17. #57
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    And it begins....

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,950
    I hadn't heard much of this guy, but I like the pedigree.

    I'd be on board with this guy.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We just don't know until they are here for a while. what we do know about Tanny is as follows:

    - He has made some good moves and drafted some good players.
    - He had a history of trading up and not taking later round picks seriously leading to an appalling lack of depth and development.
    - For all of the mention of him being a 'cap guru' he has left the Jets in very poor cap position at this time.

    He has simply made 'the big mistake' in a couple of areas and you can't do that.
    Agree on the mistakes, just pointing out to a outsider, he looks the same as the AJ Smith's, Jerry Angelo's, and others that are out there.

  20. #60
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    amazing isn't it...No looking at his bio/resume or how well he was regarded by Indy last yr and Carolina...Just an uniformed comment
    I wonder what it's like to live such a desperately humorless life.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us