Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Jim Popp for GM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I figured that. The wording screwed me up a bit.

Little worried that he hasn't mentioned the Jets at all.

However,since the Jets have apparently put a shield around their base, maybe they asked Popp to do the same.
    I wouldn't doubt it..Actually would hope that..Although frustrating for fans that want answers asap..

candidates might even have had to sign confidently agreements

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it..Actually would hope that..Although frustrating for fans that want answers asap..

candidates might even have had to sign confidently agreements
    I mean the fact that we haven't even heard which candidates they are interviewing is strange.

All League
    I mean the fact that we haven't even heard which candidates they are interviewing is strange.
    Hopefully a sign of things to come. Maybe having the organization be an open book for the past 4+ years, Woody has decided enough is enough.

If so, it's probably the best moves he's made as owner.

I don't think he's coming

Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS
    I've talked to Jim Popp who said that he has some candidates in mind just in case Trestman leaves. I repeat: Just in case. #Alouettes #CFL

I don't think he's coming

I've talked to Jim Popp who said that he has some candidates in mind just in case Trestman leaves. I repeat: Just in case. #Alouettes #CFL
    What else do you expect him to say? He is still under contract for the Alouettes.

Jim Popp: "I love my job w/#Alouettes. I would like the challenge of turning the #NYJ around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York."

HIRE HIM WOODY

Veteran
    Jim Popp: "I love my job w/#Alouettes. I would like the challenge of turning the #NYJ around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York."

HIRE HIM WOODY
    +33

HIRE HIM WOODY
    Co-Sign

HIRE THIS MAN NOW!

Veteran

Talking

YES!!!!!!!!!

HIRE HIM WOODY
    Woody is too scared to take such a risk. It would be interesting though, he knows the game well.

Veteran
    GM - Popp

OC - Mornhinweg

Asst HC/QB - Trestman

Sign me up NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Woody is too scared to take such a risk. It would be interesting though, he knows the game well.
    I don't think so because making this move would create a lot of buzz and headlines. And we know how much Woody likes buzz and headlines.

Veteran
    This seems a strong indication that he has indeed interviewed for the position. The fact that he may be the only candidate to interview that hasn't been leaked could indicate that he is a very strong candidate and they want to keep it quiet until the rest of the interviews are done. I hope he didn't blow his chances by mentioning this to a reporter (if it was supposed to be kept quiet).

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    This seems a strong indication that he has indeed interviewed for the position. The fact that he may be the only candidate to interview that hasn't been leaked could indicate that he is a very strong candidate and they want to keep it quiet until the rest of the interviews are done. I hope he didn't blow his chances by mentioning this to a reporter (if it was supposed to be kept quiet).
    Doubt it. At this point any piece of positive enforcement should be welcome by the Jets.

Plus he didn't specifically say that he was interviewed. The guy is very smart and chooses his words well. Another reason we should hire him.

I'm starting to think that if none of the NFL candidates really blow away Woody and Rex, they are going to hire this guy. They do not want to hire internally and risk getting blasted again.

Veteran
    I did LOL at the earlier NYP headline suggestion "Popp Warner"

In all seriousness I pray that we get the guy. We have nothing to lose.

HIRE THIS BEAST, NOW.

Aside from his credentials, he seems media-savvy and professional. Just what this team needs. Not a damn bumbling fool like tannenbaum was.

Veteran
    Not to put too much emphasis on this, but this is the only candidate that has publicly said he WANTS the job!

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Not to put too much emphasis on this, but this is the only candidate that has actually said he WANTS the job!
    That's not too much emphasis. That's a very important factor. Especially that he said it publicly.

After all the whining about how no candidate with a functioning brain should want the Jets GM position, it's refreshing to hear someone express a desire for the challenge. Get this guy in here.

And people that are worried that the Jets will be the Jets and screw this up, they are only a few ways that they can screw this up logically.

We know that Cohen is their last resort candidate in case the roof falls in. So if there is a candidate that wants to be here, they will hire him before Cohen.

The only other way is that one of the NFL candidates really blows the Jets away.