Thread: Smokescreen...

Practice Squad

Smokescreen...

I have really tried to be optimistic going into this off-season knowing that there would be changes and hoping the Jets would finally get it right.

I was originally encouraged by Woody hiring Korn-Ferry to do the search and I am fine with Rex returning with the following caveats...

1. We bring in a strong GM that would have complete player selection control
    2. We bring in a strong OC that would have complete control of the offense

Over the last two weeks that optimism has turned to cynicism and I am now starting to feel that this whole process was a smokescreen to appease the fans, and that the plan all along was to bring in Cohen and let Rex run the show.

I am holding out a grain of hope that I am wrong but all signs are pointing in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    I have really tried to be optimistic going into this off-season knowing that there would be changes and hoping the Jets would finally get it right.

I was originally encouraged by Woody hiring Korn-Ferry to do the search and I am fine with Rex returning with the following caveats...

Over the last two weeks that optimism has turned to cynicism and I am now starting to feel that this whole process was a smokescreen to appease the fans, and that the plan all along was to bring in Cohen and let Rex run the show.

I am holding out a grain of hope that I am wrong but all signs are pointing in the wrong direction.
    If they had hired Cohen after the first round of hirings, then you would have a good piece of evidence. But with news of a second round of interviews, I don't think this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post

Woody is sorry the process has taken longer than your expert expecations would allow for.

As consolation, here, have a kitten.

I call bs. This team doesn't know how to run a successful screen.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If they had hired Cohen after the first round of hirings, then you would have a good piece of evidence. But with news of a second round of interviews, I don't think this is the case.
    Hope you are right... but there is still something that feel like this was never a true "hire the best person available" process.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Woody is sorry the process has taken longer than your expert expecations would allow for.

As consolation, here, have a kitten.

Not complaining how long it took, just that all the signs since the Tuesday presser are starting to point in the direction of an internal hire where Rex will have TOO MUCH CONTROL...

Thanks for the kitty
    Last edited by OneTime; 01-09-2013 at 03:13 PM.