Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparano Gone

Veteran

Thought on Sparano

I think woody if messing with the media, specifically Manish. I'm sure he fully intends to fire sparano but is waiting to pull the trigger to make Manish look like the poor journalist he is.
    Just a little passive aggressive payback

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    I think woody if messing with the media, specifically Manish. I'm sure he fully intends to fire sparano but is waiting to pull the trigger to make Manish look like the poor journalist he is.
    Just a little passive aggressive payback

You guys realize the real issue with our offense this year was the fact that we had 0 talent at skill positions plus no real 3rd down back, blocking TE and Keller basically never played?

Playcalling was fine this year as long as it didn't involve Tim Douchebag. Hard to be a dominant O when you don't have 1 WR or TE who can get open.

Sparano Gone

Per Mike and mike per Mort

Hall Of Fame
    Yep.

Hallelujah.

I guess Rex is getting the ultimate mulligan here. Nobody to blame but him now. This will be his second staff and likely his second QB.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yep.

Hallelujah.

I guess Rex is getting the ultimate mulligan here. Nobody to blame but him now. This will be his second staff and likely his second QB.
    I agree with all but the QB part. I have an awful feeling in my stomach that Mark will be the starter on opening day.

WFAN-Craig Carton also confirmed what everybody expected and hoped for. Also announced Cavanaugh out. Rex is sitting there all alone without staff but a good tan

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Damn, that Francesa is a genius!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I agree with all but the QB part. I have an awful feeling in my stomach that Mark will be the starter on opening day.
    You might be right. If Sanchez is the starting QB, I predict Rex doesn't finish the season next year.

Do we have a GM already? then why wasn't this done last Monday.

You might be right. If Sanchez is the starting QB, I predict Rex doesn't finish the season next year.
    Probably. Still, I wouldn't put it past Woody to give him the full season.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Do we have a GM already? then why wasn't this done last Monday.
    Not sure what the rush was. Until we got a GM there was no way we were going to be able to hire a new OC.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not sure what the rush was. Until we got a GM there was no way we were going to be able to hire a new OC.
    Well, it's entirely possible that we already have a GM (cleared the Rooney Rule already) and are trying to move quickly. It's also possible that Woody wanted to get it out of the way for the Presser later today.

No Sanchez

I don't see how we keep Sanchez. We can't have him as a backup with the money he's making.If he starts and stinks it up again, then the new GM in his first year is gonna have egg on his face, not to mention having to hear about it every week his first year.

Possibly, but with the right OC & QB coach, who knows? Look what Harbough was able to do with Alex Smith in one year. Not saying it will happen here, but it's not impossible. Still doesn't mean we don't draft or sign a QB, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I don't see how we keep Sanchez. We can't have him as a backup with the money he's making.If he starts and stinks it up again, then the new GM in his first year is gonna have egg on his face, not to mention having to hear about it every week his first year.
    The new GM will be given a pass regardless. Absolutely no one would blame him for a bad season with the mess that the Jets are in right now. It's the ultimate get out of jail free card: If you fix the franchise, you're the savior and a hero. If you don't, we don't blame you. Who could possibly fix this in one year?

The new GM is eating his cake right now.

So, who is doing the firing? Rex is down at Hedonism II gettin his freak on. Is this the work of the Woodman, whose qualifications for NFL ownership are based on being the lucky sperm of a successful papa.
    Seriously though, who is sh*tcanning people left and right?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Possibly, but with the right OC & QB coach, who knows? Look what Harbough was able to do with Alex Smith in one year. Not saying it will happen here, but it's not impossible. Still doesn't mean we don't draft or sign a QB, though.
    Yup, it's possible Woody already picked our new GM and he asked Woody to clean house ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Money is precisely the reason we keep Sanchez.

it's cheaper to keep him for 2013 than to get rid of him.

that doesn't necessarily mean he should be the starter.