Thread: Ari Nissim

Ari Nissim

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Nissim basically the Jets' main guy on contract negotiations and all things cap? Yes, Tanny was involved but didn't he kind of move those responsibilities to Nissim?

Nissim was Tannenbaum's real right-hand man, not Scott Cohen. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Jets' roster full of top-heavy contracts. To me it's the reason the Jets could not pay money to get quality depth. How do we feel about him?

Nisim yes did the contracts. Sure he put it into words but the nuts and bolts were worked out by those above, especially on the big ones. Once can be sure that Tanny, Rex, and Woody designed the parameters of Sanchez's, Holmes' etc. A cap guy can give advice how to structure it but the size of the overall package is done by the higher execs. Nisim is a good guy. I feel sorry for him if the new GM decides not to retain him. These jobs are not easy to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Nissim basically the Jets' main guy on contract negotiations and all things cap? Yes, Tanny was involved but didn't he kind of move those responsibilities to Nissim?

Nissim was Tannenbaum's real right-hand man, not Scott Cohen. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Jets' roster full of top-heavy contracts. To me it's the reason the Jets could not pay money to get quality depth. How do we feel about him?
    Who sold me my season tickets and PSL? I want them fired too. Aren't they responsible for selling me tickets to an entertaining event? Well, I wasn't entertained.