Thread: Lay Off the Fish

Lay Off the Fish

The Dolphins are terrible team and have been that way for a while. Why do the Jets continue to look at coaches and front office staff from that organization?

Am I being too naive?
    Last edited by JFB; 01-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.

The Jets are like a Douglas Adams book.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets are like a Douglas Adams book.
    Was he former Jet now retired D-lineman from the Eagles? Didn't know he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    The Dolphins are terrible team and have been that way for a while. Why do the Jets continue to look at coaches and front office staff from that organization?

Am I being too naive?
    Probably because the top candidates dont want to touch the Jets with a ten foot pole.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    It's like a sex cruise. Awesome.

No more help from Semi-Pro Stadium,thanks.

Great point, lets evaluate it:

The dolphins only have

The young QB they want
    Pass rusher who is double digit sack guy
    Solid defensive front 7

A first and 2 2nd round picks

$25+ million in cap room

Yep, why should we look at their young front office guy?

The QB they want? I guess Ryan "He's our franchise QB.......for real this time!" Tannelol is better than the Sanchize, but let's not act like he's their savior.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The QB they want? I guess Ryan "He's our franchise QB.......for real this time!" Tannelol is better than the Sanchize, but let's not act like he's their savior.
    I didnt say he was andrew luck, but cmon, with the excuses that people gave buttfumble on here, look at the WRs that tannehill was given to work with.

Oh, and he completed 58% of his passes, a number sanchez has NEVER reached.

Diamond in the rough.

Just because the team is bad, doesn't necessarily mean the candidate is bad.

We've all worked for crappy bosses. Does that make you a crappy employee?

Shouldn't we be trying to hire guys from the Pats organization instead of the Phins?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Great point, lets evaluate it:

The dolphins only have

The young QB they want
    Pass rusher who is double digit sack guy
    Solid defensive front 7

A first and 2 2nd round picks

$25+ million in cap room

Yep, why should we look at their young front office guy?
    See right here, I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries. Three, four years, I'll be assistant manager and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

Are the dolphins a good team? How have they done in the last 10 years? They've had 3 winning seasons since 2002 and have been to the playoffs once.

At least Tannenbaum came close to putting something together that can almost win the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Diamond in the rough.

Just because the team is bad, doesn't necessarily mean the candidate is bad.

We've all worked for crappy bosses. Does that make you a crappy employee?
    I agree with this. I'd have far less of a problem with a front office guy coming from an organization that hadn't had a ton of success recently than promoting someone who worked with Tannenbaum. A fresh eye is needed. There are, as you said, diamonds in the rough in every organization.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post

Am I being too naive?
    You are right, they absolutely should not be looking at anyone from that organization....we tried it out with Sparano, who I actually thought was a decent coach and look how that turned out.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-09-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    My take is that they should look under every rock for a talented GM. I do not care what team he was on as long as he is a talented guy who can lead us to a Super Bowl via great talent decisions etc!

Not one of really knows anything about most of these guys! I just hope that WRECKS does not ruin the new GM as he did Tanny. The GM MUST be Wrecks boss not co-GMs.