Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid on FAN with the Fatman

Simple: Andy Reid earned it. He won for over a decade in Philly, including going to a SB. And he had say in personnel for a long time. That organization built the right way: in the trenches, and then with great skill players. Rex hasn't accomplished anything close to what Andy Reid has, and yet people act like this is a real comparison. Gotta love our homer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    But our owner is a retard.
    Us retards find that insulting and prejudced... take it back!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Since when are the Chiefs or Browns -- two doormat franchises from the past decade or more -- the measuring stick for smart front office thinking?

Just because these stupid teams do it this way doesn't mean it's right. It is actually a bad sign.

But go ahead and keep thinking this is how good teams operate.

Championship.
    Exactly. Not mention that Reid is running that organization now, at least the football aspects. The GM is there to negotiate deals and do paperwork. Andy is going to be the one with final say on players.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly. Not mention that Reid is running that organization now, at least the football aspects. The GM is there to negotiate deals and do paperwork. Andy is going to be the one with final say on players.
    I'm curious on who Reid has drafted while in Philly?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Simple: Andy Reid earned it. He won for over a decade in Philly, including going to a SB. And he had say in personnel for a long time. That organization built the right way: in the trenches, and then with great skill players. Rex hasn't accomplished anything close to what Andy Reid has, and yet people act like this is a real comparison. Gotta love our homer fans.
    To be fair Reid was 8-8 and 4-12 with a team some thought was a Bowl lock 2 years ago.. Rex was 8-8 and 6-10 and his 2 AFCCG game are forgotton but Andy gets a pass?? Reid has won 33 games in the last 4 years with no playoff wins and Rex has won 34 and won 4 playoff games.. Seems like a bit of a double standard here from a Rex hater..

Andy Reid is a respected football man. Hes won 140 games, six division titles, been in 5 NFC Championship and one Super Bowl. Since becoming HC of the Eagles no other football coach has made more playoff appearances and only Bellichek has been in more conference championships. Simply put Andy Reid has earned the ability to have a say in picking the GM.

Rex is a toe sucker.

All League
    The Chiefs owner mentioned that the HC will not report the GM, and both will report directly to the Owner. For what it's worth, this could have enticed Reid because he may have more input.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    But our owner is a retard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8JrQae43x0

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    The answer is simple. It's NEW YORK! That's what you get............
    I'm sure fatso was just as outraged when the giants made jerry reese GM when coughlin was still the HC

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    To be fair Reid was 8-8 and 4-12 with a team some thought was a Bowl lock 2 years ago.. Rex was 8-8 and 6-10 and his 2 AFCCG game are forgotton but Andy gets a pass?? Reid has won 33 games in the last 4 years with no playoff wins and Rex has won 34 and won 4 playoff games.. Seems like a bit of a double standard here from a Rex hater..
    A pass? He just got fired! Meantime, before the last two years he made the playoffs 9 of the previous 12 seasons. Are you really comparing that to Rex Ryan, who has been a head coach for 4 years? Reid's coaching record, even including these last two seasons, is 130-93-1. And during most of that time he was the Defacto GM.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/ReidAn0.htm

Also, for your benefit, the definition of objectivity from Merriam Webster:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/objectivity

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I think it's more about because Rex is on a downward spiral and he shouldn't have any say on the matter when all he's done since arriving in Florham Park is regress as a Head Coach.
    And Andy Reid is on an upward spiral

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Andy Reid is a respected football man. Hes won 140 games, six division titles, been in 5 NFC Championship and one Super Bowl. Since becoming HC of the Eagles no other football coach has made more playoff appearances and only Bellichek has been in more conference championships. Simply put Andy Reid has earned the ability to have a say in picking the GM.

Rex is a toe sucker.
    And if Andy Reid was our HC the past two years, with the talent he had with the Eagles and produced the records he did the hoardes would be running him out of Florham Park with torches & pitchforks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Sounds like we'll be getting postcards from Mike Tannenbaum in KC

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    The Chiefs owner mentioned that the HC will not report the GM, and both will report directly to the Owner. For what it's worth, this could have enticed Reid because he may have more input.
    I think Reid's had that same structure in Philly.

He's had the final say on personnel and basically reported to Laurie.

Someone that follows the Eagles can clarify.

Jets Insider VIP
    Granted Reid never won a Super Bowl, but he got to one, and almost 3 others. I'd say given his track record he's earned it.

If Rex did the same thing I know I wouldn't be complaining.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Granted Reid never won a Super Bowl, but he got to one, and almost 3 others. I'd say given his track record he's earned it.

If Rex did the same thing I know I wouldn't be complaining.
    Let's compare after 14 years of RR

You know, when most SOJFs will be 22

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Said he is "sitting in" on the Chiefs' GM interview process. Where's the outrage???
    Hahaha that's way more than Rex has done/ is doing... Rex isn't even sitting in on interviews

Andy Reid wouldve been run outta town after year 3 if he were the Jets coach

....by the way if Andy Reid is so great how come the Eagles let him go???

So happy Rex is staying.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Let's compare after 14 years of RR

You know, when most SOJFs will be 22
    LOL so funny...yet so true....

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Andy Reid is well respected around the league as a head coach, Rex Ryan is not. The Jets franchise is currently being laughed at around the sports world (butt fumbles, jokes on twitter, Vilma's references, clown jokes, tattoos, toe sucking and on and on).
    Rex's faults aside, Woody would be NUTS to hire a GM with ZERO input from Rex. This isn't an arranged marriage. Woody can't just hire some guy that Rex can't work with.

Do I think Rex should have significant input? No. But I'd say he should be allowed to veto a single candidate that he thinks he can't work alongside.