Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andy Reid on FAN with the Fatman

Undrafted Free Agent
    Are the KC Chiefs and the Cleveland Browns two teams you really want to compare the Jets against? KC hasn't come close to a SB since '93. The Browns, '89. Not exactly organizations I'd like the Jets to emulate.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Tenure in Philadelphia
    During his 14-year tenure, Reid has compiled the best win total (120), winning percentage (.609) and playoff victory total (10) in team history. He captured six division titles and five trips to the NFC Championship game. During this period, no other franchise earned more divisional playoff round appearances (7) and only Bill Belichick's New England Patriots exceeded Philadelphia's (5) conference championship game appearances with (6). Reid also sent 19 players to 44 Pro Bowl appearances, the highest total for any team in the NFL during that period. None of these players had ever appeared in a Pro Bowl before Reid was hired.
    In 2001, Reid was named executive vice president of football operations of the Eagles, effectively making him the team's general manager. Although the Eagles have had someone with the title of general manager since 2005 (Tom Heckert from 2005 to 2010, and Howie Roseman since 2010), Reid had the final say on football matters.[9]

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Said he is "sitting in" on the Chiefs' GM interview process. Where's the outrage???
    The Chiefs are exactly the team I want the Jets to emulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    Are the KC Chiefs and the Cleveland Browns two teams you really want to compare the Jets against? KC hasn't come close to a SB since '93. The Browns, '89. Not exactly organizations I'd like the Jets to emulate.
    Only whiney SOJFs can cry about something as stupid as allowing the head coach to be slightly involved in the end process of hiring a GM. But this is what i have come to expect from most of you. Fans like you don't really deserve a Championship organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The Chiefs are exactly the team I want the Jets to emulate.
    Actually, that team has talent all over the place ... except for that very important QB position.

eagles fans that i know, had had it with Reid, they were frustrated by his play calling his clock management and were convinced he would never get them to the promised land.... funny how the perception is from a teams fan base. v the mainstream nfl pundits...

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    The Chiefs won a SB in 69 season seems like a reasonable team to compare to our Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Only whiney SOJFs can cry about something as stupid as allowing the head coach to be slightly involved in the end process of hiring a GM. But this is what i have come to expect from most of you. Fans like you don't really deserve a Championship organization.
    Nor do the fans who follow the "leadership" of Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan like lemmings

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Nor do the fans who follow the "leadership" of Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan like lemmings
    I'm sorry for not being a "bandwagon jumper" fan like you are. I'm sorry that I root for my team no matter who is the QB, HC or GM. Do you only follow those teams that win and make all the perfect moves? I assume you are a Broncos fan this year since they are doing so well.

Will you be back when the Jets are good again, acting as if you have always been a die hard fan?

Pathetic.

I'm sorry for not being a "bandwagon jumper" fan like you are. I'm sorry that I root for my team no matter who is the QB, HC or GM. Do you only follow those teams that win and make all the perfect moves? I assume you are a Broncos fan this year since they are doing so well.

Will you be back when the Jets are good again, acting as if you have always been a die hard fan?

Pathetic.
    My heart is for Sunday. My head is for the rest of the week (and the offseason).

Bandwagon?

I sat in the upper deck during 4-12 seasons in December watching this team find ways to lose. I watched the Jets beat the Raiders 17-14 in the playoffs in 1982 at the Los Angeles Coliseum Division despite Richard Todd's best attempts to throw the game with absurd interceptions.

I have seen a lot and I love this team. But that does not mean I have to love every starting QB that the franchise employed or the owners for that matter. I root for the emblem on the side of the helmet and that is where my loyalty lies. Not to the people who sully the shield with gross incompetence thus embarrassing the people who once wore the uniform. Why do you think Joe Namath is so outraged? Or is he a traitor too.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 01-10-2013 at 03:10 PM.

My heart is for Sunday. My head is for the rest of the week (and the offseason).

Bandwagon?

I sat in the upper deck during 4-12 seasons in December watching this team find ways to lose. I watched the Jets beat the Raiders 17-14 in the playoffs in 1982 at the Los Angeles Coliseum Division despite Richard Todd's best attempts to throw the game with absurd interceptions.

I have seen a lot and I love this team. But that does not mean I have to love every starting QB that the franchise employed or the owners for that matter. I root for the emblem on the side of the helmet and that is where my loyalty lies. Not to the people who sully the shield with gross neglect thus embarrassing the people who once wore the uniform. Why do you think Joe Namath is so outraged? Or is he a traitor too.
    Its in Joe Namath's best interest to be outraged, ask Greg Buttle where blind sided optimism gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Its in Joe Namath's best interest to be outraged, ask Greg Buttle where blind sided optimism gets you.
    As much as it may hurt, Joe Namath has mostly been correct in regards to the state of this current franchise. It does not mean he is perfect or his intentions are always pure; he gets paid to be on a show and sensationalism sells. Never the less, Namath has been mostly right about this clueless owner and how this franchise has been operating lately.

Bandwagon?

I have seen a lot and I love this team. But that does not mean I have to love every starting QB that the franchise employed or the owners for that matter. I root for the emblem on the side of the helmet and that is where my loyalty lies. Not to the people who sully the shield with gross neglect thus embarrassing the people who once wore the uniform. Why do you think Joe Namath is so outraged? Or is he a traitor too.
    Since 1999, outside of the Steelers and the Patriots, what AFC team has gone to more AFC Championship games than the Jets? Answer: Zero.

Are AFCCG appearances our ultimate goal? Absolutely not, but Rex/Tanny/Woody made it happen one way or another. And they had to beat Brady and Manning on the road to get to those games.

I could understand if the organization never made changes and just let failing coaches hang around for a decade. But in that 13 year period, the Jets have gone through 5 coaches (6 if you count Bellichick for 30 minutes). Woody wants to keep Rex around for 1 more year to see if he can take us back to the playoffs. If the Jets go 4-12, Rex will be gone. If the Jets go 12-4 he will get an extension. I am not for or against keeping Rex, I just don't understand the whining and b!tching and moaning that Rex is staying for 1 more year and may have a miniscule role in selecting who the new GM will be. The Jets hired an outside firm to narrow down our candidates. Its not like Rob Ryan is on the short list nor did the Jets hire Rob to be their DC.

This notion that Rex wields considerable power in the Jets organization is just stupid and unfounded. But since there are silly pics in the daily news of Woody and Rex guys like you freak out. Its sad, it really is.

PS- Joe Namath has done plenty to sully the image of the Jets in one interview with Suzy Kolber than just about anyone else that has ever worn a Jets uniform.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bandwagon?

I have seen a lot and I love this team. But that does not mean I have to love every starting QB that the franchise employed or the owners for that matter. I root for the emblem on the side of the helmet and that is where my loyalty lies. Not to the people who sully the shield with gross incompetence thus embarrassing the people who once wore the uniform. Why do you think Joe Namath is so outraged? Or is he a traitor too.
    Joe has been upset with the organization for not reaching out to him. In general his remarks are those of a fan without any inside information. He didn't make friends with anyone when he visited Cortdland . He is a bit of a snob if you ask me. Rex reached out to him and got a bunch of critical bla bla in return. Namath was on a team that was stacked and he isn't the main reason we won the SB, only one of the reasons.

As much as it may hurt, Joe Namath has mostly been correct in regards to the state of this current franchise. It does not mean he is perfect or his intentions are always pure; he gets paid to be on a show and sensationalism sells. Never the less, Namath has been mostly right about this clueless owner and how this franchise has been operating lately.
    He's mostly right because you happen to agree with what he's selling. I've heard him many times defend Sanchez , I don't hear anyone ripping him for that , yet I've read thousands of posts with people bashing Sanchez.

Bottom line if Joe towed the company line , every here would be pooh poohing his comments . Because he's expressed his concerns over Woody/Rex people think he's a beacon for Jet fandom.

Undrafted Free Agent
    How the hell did you get that out of what I said?!?! I wasn't commenting on Rex being involved in the GM search. I'm saying that because Reid is doing it for the Chiefs, and they haven't even been to an AFCC game in almost 20 years, their organization isn't something I'd want to model mine after. Maybe I need to use smaller words...layman's terms.

But since you brought it up, I don't mind if a head coach is involved in a GM search if said coach is competent (that means proper ability) enough to handle it. If you want to live in the past of those two AFCC games, have a blast. My opinions on Rex are based on what's happened RECENTLY with this team and how he's handled it. Between his bumbling press conferences, apparently crying every other week, loss of the locker room, poor clock/game management, admitting he sucked it up with the offense, bad player management, etc, I'm not sure he's the right guy for helping pick a GM.