Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Why even bother playing the 2013 season?

  1. #1

    Why even bother playing the 2013 season?

    So this past season was bad and we have the worst QB and HC in NFL history according to a lot of "fans"here on the board. Personally I hope and believe that this team is going to have a good year next year because I want to stick it to every media writer that has written off this team because of Rex and Sanchez. Yes we need to improve but to give up so easily before they have even made any player move is just defeatism

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,396
    The Jets will be lucky to win 4 games next year. We are the worst team in the AFC East and we have a really tough schedule next year.

    I will watch and root like every year and I hope I can eat some crow. But we are going to be really bad next year. It wouldn't be shocking if we ended up with a top 3 pick.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,289
    You're right. The "fans" and the board are the problem.

    Nobody is saying to quit the season. I will go to games and watch every road game at home. Will still cheer. But I will be pissed. Being pissed doesn't mean you have given up on the team.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-09-2013 at 07:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,458
    yet another thread.....zzzzzzzzzzz

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So this past season was bad and we have the worst QB and HC in NFL history according to a lot of "fans"here on the board. Personally I hope and believe that this team is going to have a good year next year because I want to stick it to every media writer that has written off this team because of Rex and Sanchez. Yes we need to improve but to give up so easily before they have even made any player move is just defeatism
    The negativity is just because they don't have the cap room. if the jets had 30 mill of cap room coming of a 6-10 season most of the posters here will be predicting 10 wins for the team next year. You say you "hope and believe"
    the team will be good next year. The "hope" I understand, the "believe" is tougher to understand.

    Even Woody said that Rex is not being held to make the playoffs next year. he does not even have expectations for a good year.

  6. #6
    First cap doesn't mean a thing until a new GM gets here and we release players who aren't worth the money they are being paid. Second, we don't know what free agents are going to come to the Jets and Third, we don't know who the starting QB is going to be. Let this play out before you abandon the team

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    First cap doesn't mean a thing until a new GM gets here and we release players who aren't worth the money they are being paid. Second, we don't know what free agents are going to come to the Jets and Third, we don't know who the starting QB is going to be. Let this play out before you abandon the team
    Alright - I have had enough. LISTEN UP EVERYBODY - There is no place on this board for logic and common sense. If I catch anyone spewing this type of crap again a long banning will be in order. This is a football forum. Responses should include hysteria, woe is me laments, conspiracy theories and lots of pissing and moaning!

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Alright - I have had enough. LISTEN UP EVERYBODY - There is no place on this board for logic and common sense. If I catch anyone spewing this type of crap again a long banning will be in order. This is a football forum. Responses should include hysteria, woe is me laments, conspiracy theories and lots of pissing and moaning!
    You are starting to sound a lot like Rex.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,995
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You're right. The "fans" and the board are the problem.

    Nobody is saying to quit the season. I will go to games and watch every road game at home. Will still cheer. But I will be pissed. Being pissed doesn't mean you have given up on the team.
    Says the guy that didnt know that Bill Belichick was HC for a day.

    Super Fan.


    Sent from a phone using an app

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Alright - I have had enough. LISTEN UP EVERYBODY - There is no place on this board for logic and common sense. If I catch anyone spewing this type of crap again a long banning will be in order. This is a football forum. Responses should include hysteria, woe is me laments, conspiracy theories and lots of pissing and moaning!


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    First cap doesn't mean a thing until a new GM gets here and we release players who aren't worth the money they are being paid. Second, we don't know what free agents are going to come to the Jets and Third, we don't know who the starting QB is going to be. Let this play out before you abandon the team
    The cap means everything. You don't need to know that the team is going to release both Smiths, Pace, Scott to save 30 mill.

    What QB out there in either the draft or FA do you see the jets possibly getting considering the amount of money to spend. The cap is not rocket science. You have 121 mill to spend unless you want to borrow from future years. Tanny was a lousy GM and personnel man but he knew the intricacies of the cap. If he could have cut more deadwood than the posters here have identified and saved his job he would have done so.

    Even Woody said that Rex job is not in jeopardy if the team does not make the playoffs, even after two disappointing seasons. If the owner is resigned to the possibility why can't fans be?

    Do you expect posters to read posts regarding Sanchez being traded to Seattle and Seattle taking a 12 mill cap hit for the pleasure replacing Flynn with Sanchez and not say something or Trade Revis for two firsts even though he cant work out?

    I know what Free agents are going to come to the jets, the ones that the jets pay more than the other teams.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So this past season was bad and we have the worst QB and HC in NFL history according to a lot of "fans"here on the board. Personally I hope and believe that this team is going to have a good year next year because I want to stick it to every media writer that has written off this team because of Rex and Sanchez. Yes we need to improve but to give up so easily before they have even made any player move is just defeatism
    You should not be allowed to create threads. You should need Mod approval first.

  13. #13

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Alright - I have had enough. LISTEN UP EVERYBODY - There is no place on this board for logic and common sense. If I catch anyone spewing this type of crap again a long banning will be in order. This is a football forum. Responses should include hysteria, woe is me laments, conspiracy theories and lots of pissing and moaning!
    OK......Dolphins, Bills and Pats have a combined $75,000,000 to spend. Jets....... -$20,000,000 to cut

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    You should not be allowed to create threads. You should need Mod approval first.
    It is called freedom speech. Your Avatar should not be allowed either using the same logic.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,019
    We ave to play the 2013 season as that is the only way to qualify for the #1 pick in 2014. We have the inside track on that right now.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It is called freedom speech. Your Avatar should not be allowed either using the same logic.
    My avatar is the best part of this thread, who you kidding.

  17. #17
    The team cant even hire a GM nobody wants to work for this organization. How can this team get fixed when it cant find anyone thats competant to run it.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,547
    I can see some reason for optimism for next year - everyone talks about all the holes we'll have to fill, but many of those positions are currently filled by JAGs anyway.

    E.g. - which would you rather see, an UDFA making the rookie minimum, or Eric Smith, playing at safety next year? Easy win.

    Only positions I see an actual likelihood of drop off in talent vs. this year are Guard (Slauson and / or Moore) and Safety (Landry and / or Bell).

    Although our LB corps will be significantly different, can it really be much worse than Scott / Pace / Thomas were this year? McIntyre can likely step in and produce as much as Pace, and if we "have to" start Davis in place of Scott I'm going to be quite glad of that, to be honest. So two positions out of three already have guys on the roster who are options - we don't necessarily need to draft replacement starters (or sign FA's) - we just need to fill the depth. I can see the Jets being host to a lot of UDFA's next year!

    We also get a few guys back from injury - Holmes & Revis in particular, but also role player guys like Trufant (who started to impress before he got hurt).

    Now I'm in no way saying that we're going to win a load of games and push for a playoff spot, but I'd also say I don't see us competing for the #1 draft pick either. We'll win some games, and hopefully find some new, young players that can be part of the future for this team - rather than relying yet again on aging veterans.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    You should not be allowed to create threads. You should need Mod approval first.
    Compensating for a shortfall in your anatomy ?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We ave to play the 2013 season as that is the only way to qualify for the #1 pick in 2014. We have the inside track on that right now.
    Why are you even here ?? It's obvious anything the Jets do annoy you. Look in the phonebook there's groups out there to allow you to free your angst.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us