Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three positions Jets must improve to be playoff material

Jets Insider VIP
    I look at the Giants and Dallas' roster and think they are a lock to make the playoffs, yet they didn't. Sometimes the bounce of the ball, an off sides penalty, a freak play determines the out come of a game. And sometimes a season is made or broke on one game.

Who knows how the ball bounces next year for us . Brady, Wilkford, TEs could all get injured next year and we sweep them. It happened to us this year why not them?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I look at the Giants and Dallas' roster and think they are a lock to make the playoffs, yet they didn't. Sometimes the bounce of the ball, an off sides penalty, a freak play determines the out come of a game. And sometimes a season is made or broke on one game.

Who knows how the ball bounces next year for us . Brady, Wilkford, TEs could all get injured next year and we sweep them. It happened to us this year why not them?
    Happens every year. Though the clown car picture in the Post was pretty funny, it turns out that the Jets clown car was only slightly behind the Giants Ford Focus they were driving after trading in that Cadillac in the 2nd half of the season.

1. Safety- they don't have any
    2. Oline- they only have 2 signed
    3. TE- they don't have anyone signed

maybe we could if i were gm

Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    1) RB with break-away speed (we need to draft one)
    2) WR to complement Holmes (lets sign Bowe)
    3) OLB with pass-rush ability
    4) with the first two, Sanchez is fine, we are a playoff team
    first round draft ogletree lb he could play outside and inside resembles ray lewis
    second round trade down get lacy alaba might go first round but try to get him early second..
    sign dwayne bowe..
    freeagent nosetacle and guards ..and one more linebacker we ok with holmes and bowe coming in next year ...secondary d is great.. bring in manny lawson or shaun phillips .. cut pace and scott and thomas ..norv turner oc...

Ball bounces definitely matter but unless you have a Brady/Peyton type of QB, a lot comes down to the defense.

Rex's defense will always get us 6 to 7 wins minimum. Then it just comes down to what the offense and the bounces do.

I can't believe people are listing LB as a position that will keep up from being a playoff team. With the JAGS we've had we still have fielded a top 10 D each of the last 2 years. Rex Ryan is a defensive genius, he should be able to continue fielding a top 10 defense with the likes of Davis, McIntyre, and a blue chip FA to replace Pace. A top 10 D always makes you playoff worthy. What MUST be addressed is QB, RB, and OL. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Happens every year. Though the clown car picture in the Post was pretty funny, it turns out that the Jets clown car was only slightly behind the Giants Ford Focus they were driving after trading in that Cadillac in the 2nd half of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Ball bounces definitely matter but unless you have a Brady/Peyton type of QB, a lot comes down to the defense.

Rex's defense will always get us 6 to 7 wins minimum. Then it just comes down to what the offense and the bounces do.
    I agree. At least we can hope the ball bounces our way and Brady is going to be 36 next Sept. he has to tail off sometime.

Jets Insider VIP
    The main thing any team needs is good coaching, players who believe, and chemistry team wise.

I think Rex is saying the right message but now he needs to execute.
    But then WRECKS usually says a lot of things!