Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omar Kahn(steelers) interview tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    MMehtaNYDN: Jets will interview Steelers executive Omar Khan for vacant GM job tomorrow, per source. #nyj

thoughts?
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 01-09-2013 at 09:43 PM.

I was originally against it until I saw the reaction from Steelers fans.

They seem to really love this guy. One of them called him the Steelers secret weapon. There is a lot of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOs from them.

A capologist couldn't mean this much to a informed fanbase like the Steelers.

Hall Of Fame
    Fire Tanny.

Hire a Tanny.

SB here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokes aside, I would love to steal someone from the Steelers. But I still think we need a guy with great personnel experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

They seem to really love this guy. One of them called him the Steelers secret weapon. There is a lot of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOs from them.

Tanny was our "secret weapon" too when he was just a capologist (in the Parcells thru Bradway days). No one wanted him gone in those days either.

There is another thing with Kahn. It has long been speculated in Pittsburgh that he and Bill Cowher are great buddies and would love to work together again. I just read that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

have you ever been to Pittsburgh?

Now seriously the one difference between him and Tannenbaum is that Khan comes from a winning pedigree (The Steelers). That alone makes him valuable.

And actually a lot of Steelers fans on twitter are going crazy telling him not to go.
    As part of the interview the Jets can pick his brain on the Jets cap situation, get his ideas how they manage the cap, get ideas etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

have you ever been to Pittsburgh?
    That franchise has won 6 Super Bowls. Their fans better know a lot about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Id rather hire Chaka Khan.
    Wasnt tanny almost the same age when he became GM. Also a capologist what is wrong with this organization.

There is another thing with Kahn. It has long been speculated in Pittsburgh that he and Bill Cowher are great buddies and would love to work together again. I just read that.
    no, you just typed it.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets can bring him in for an interview and pick his brain on the Jets cap situation, get his ideas how they manage the cap.
    "Excuse me Mr. Khan, can you just repeat that back, please"

(scribbling down info)

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    no, you just typed it.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...n-speculation/

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    eh another cap guy? no thanks. Would rather someone known for good drafts and signings. We still have guys that know how to handle the cap.
    What are you talking about? Our cap is our biggest problem right now, Tannenbaum did a terrible job with contracts and screwed us with the Sanchez contract.

All I know about Khan is that hes considered the best in the NFL with the cap and contract negotiations.

I was making a silly joke...

All League
    Khan is one of the rising stars in front office world. He doesn't have a scouting background but he's incredibly smart and if you're looking for a culture change he a damn fine choice.

Also Tanny was not a capologist. Have you seen our cap situation? It's in shambles thanks to him.

I see no problem with hiring a football guy and a cap guy. Tannenbaum did it for years. The jets even wanted to keep him for the future but felt the need to fire him in order to get a top shelf gm. That didn't work out in the end but it shows that even if we did hire a top gm we still wanted a cap guy. I don't think if we hire him this will be the only guy we hire.

Undrafted Free Agent
    only if Beldar Conehead can be asst. GM

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    only if Beldar Conehead can be asst. GM

He wants to be a GM?

jeez....he will get "randomly selected" but the TSA every time they fly to and from an away game

Jets Insider VIP
    It might be worth it just for this:

All Pro
    they should hire him as a capologist and hire a football guy as the GM