Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Interviewing Jerry Angelo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOOOO!!!!

Jerry Angelo is awful. I rather hire a new guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez, how many guys are we interviewing tomorrow? Where was the sense of urgency before all the other teams filled their vacancies?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Retreads are not big hires. There's a reason no one has interviewed him since he was fired.
    Well, the internal candidate and 30 year old capologists aren't exactly inspiring my confidence.

I'm good with a retread if what I'm hearing is the alternative.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would prefer AJ smith over this guy

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes. This is getting nutty

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Angelo was ranked as the eighth best general manager in professional sports in February 2007.

He has had success as a GM and coach. We could do a lot worse.
    I'm sure tanny was rated 8th best after two successive afc title game apperarances. I do not want this guy. He did a poor job in chicago if you ask me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Everyone has a candidate they want no part of. Jerry Angelo is mine. He hasn't had a good draft in a decade and his whiffs are on Tannenbaum level, if not worse. I know many, many Bears fans, and not a one were sad to see him go.
    This. Angelo was an awful GM in Chicago

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really starting to look like Cohen's the guy.

They are interviewing every big name there is for the show they're putting on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Angelo is one of Bill Belichick's closest NFL friends. It would be a very strange hire for the Jets (not just for that reason).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear Woody is reaching out to Vince McMahon to get permission to interview th GM of Raw. He also asked who was the best GM in the XFL, because hed like to interview them as well.

This is really becoming a circuspe

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I hear Woody is reaching out to Vince McMahon to get permission to interview th GM of Raw. He also asked who was the best GM in the XFL, because hed like to interview them as well.

This is really becoming a circuspe
    Doing your due diligence is now considered bad? WTF do you want?

So what Caldwell signed with the Jags? How do you know he or Keim or Gettleman or Teleseo is going to be any better than who the Jets get?

Aren't you happy, if you are even a Jets fan, that they're trying to get it right? Talking to as many candidates as possible to see who the best fit is instead of closing their eyes and throwing a dart at the board?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Everyone has a candidate they want no part of. Jerry Angelo is mine. He hasn't had a good draft in a decade and his whiffs are on Tannenbaum level, if not worse. I know many, many Bears fans, and not a one were sad to see him go.
    +1

Let's not forget the string of awful QBs he fielded year after year there.

Pass

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post

So what Caldwell signed with the Jags? How do you know he or Keim or Gettleman or Teleseo is going to be any better than who the Jets get?

Aren't you happy, if you are even a Jets fan, that they're trying to get it right? Talking to as many candidates as possible to see who the best fit is instead of closing their eyes and throwing a dart at the board?
    Exactly , if they hired the first guy they interviewed he'd be *****ing that why hire a search firm when you had your guy in mind and didn't even interview other canidates.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we hire Jerry Angelo, I'll watch Lacrosse next year instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post

Doing your due diligence is sitting down with your advisors and identifying 4 or 5 candidates who would best serve the team, interviewing them and making a decision in a timely fashion.

Interviewing 10-15 candidates is taking a shotgun approach and shows that there was little planning or thought behind who to interview. It is how people who have no clue as to what they are doing operate. Thats what we are now, a circus, a bunch of clowns who dont know what they are doing.

And yes I am a Jet fan, have been since 1983 and stuck with this team through all the bad years and will continue to do so. But when I see such ridiculousness, I have no problem calling it what it is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Doing your due diligence is sitting down with your advisors and identifying 4 or 5 candidates who would best serve the team, interviewing them and making a decision in a timely fashion.

Interviewing 10-15 candidates is taking a shotgun approach and shows that there was little planning or thought behind who to interview. It is how people who have no clue as to what they are doing operate. Thats what we are now, a circus, a bunch of clowns who dont know what they are doing.

And yes I am a Jet fan, have been since 1983 and stuck with this team through all the bad years and will continue to do so. But when I see such ridiculousness, I have no problem calling it what it is.
    Sometimes people don't know exactly what they're looking for until they see it. KF could actually be educating Woody on what they look at for a decision like this.

Nobody knows the specifics of the arrangement that KF has with the Jets, only that the end game is finding a strong GM. Between now and then, KF may be showing them what they want to avoid, and Angelo could be the poster child.

Or maybe he's exactly whet they think we need right now. We'll find out soon enough.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7;4769595[B
    ]Doing your due diligence is sitting down with your advisors and identifying 4 or 5 candidates who would best serve the team, interviewing them and making a decision in a timely fashion.[/B]

How can you identify 4 or 5 candidates who would best serve the team before interviewing them? If you use that line of logic, you have the mindset that "Okay, I'm goine to hire a man who was already a GM because I see his previous work and I know what I can expect from him"

But most of these candidates have never been GM's before, you don't know what to expect from them or what their plan would be. They have not put together teams where you can look back and say, well I really liked what he did in San Diego...

So the only way you can find out who would best serve the team, is to set up interviews with every candidate, find our what their plan for the team is, and pick who you thought would best serve the team.

It happens everyday in the real world, why should it be different for the jets?!?!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our offense could get WORSE with the addition of Jerry Angelo.

This is comedic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    How can you identify 4 or 5 candidates who would best serve the team before interviewing them?
    By pre-interviewing them, which is what Korn Ferry is there for, to find those 15-20 people, select the top 5 and present them to the client. That's the whole point of hiring a search firm, to avoid this sort of scenario.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Jerry Angelo is hired I'm gonna start a "Free Mike Tannenbaum" thread on the strip......