Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jaguars dismiss Mike Mularkey.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    You are right. Mularkeys offense was not middle of the road.

Steelers OC - known as Inspector Gadget
    2001 - #3 very good
    2002 - #5 very good still
    2003 - #22 not so good

Bills HC
    2004 - #25 poor
    2005 - #28 are you noticing a pattern here?

Miami OC
    2006 - #20 hmm... maybe middle (16) was generous
    2007 - Demoted to TE coach

Falcons OC - Matt Ryan drafted with 3rd pick
    2008 - #6 up from #23. Good job
    2009 - #16 middle of the road, literally
    2010 - #16 yup
    2011 - #10 moving in the right direction

Jags HC
    2012 - #29 terrible

So in 11 seasons where he was either OC or HC he has:

4 seasons above average.
    2 average seasons.
    5 seasons below average.

Hmm... sounds like middle of the road to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mularkey
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go
    In 2010, they were #5 in points scored and finished with a 13-3 record.

The number you used was yards. Their defense was pretty stout that year so it's conceivable that the offense was working with shorter fields.

Ryan developed quite nicely under him. Your dislike for him is misplaced.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I tend to think he might have the brain power to make it as a HC but do you really think he has what it takes in the dept of game adjustment? He seemed to be a total clod during a game in that respect. (See prewritten 15 play script).

Question is how much of that was Shotty vs Rex. I know last year Rex was pissed early on in the season that Shotty was pass happy. I think Rex urged Shotty to be more conservative on O. Only time will tell, if the Jets O shows improvement this year with a more wide open attack style I then believe Shotty was a puppet and Rex was more the problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Question is how much of that was Shotty vs Rex. I know last year Rex was pissed early on in the season that Shotty was pass happy. I think Rex urged Shotty to be more conservative on O. Only time will tell, if the Jets O shows improvement this year with a more wide open attack style I then believe Shotty was a puppet and Rex was more the problem.
    We know what Schitty did before Rex, and I am talking about in-game adjustment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    In 2010, they were #5 in points scored and finished with a 13-3 record.

The number you used was yards. Their defense was pretty stout that year so it's conceivable that the offense was working with shorter fields.

Ryan developed quite nicely under him. Your dislike for him is misplaced.
    Falcons defense was ranked 17th in yards in 2010. Not stout. Pretty middle of the road as well.

Matty did develop well under him, but took a big jump after he left as well. How much was Matty and how much was coaching? Who knows?

And I don't dislike him. I just think we should stop making the same mistakes over and over again.

even if you elimiinate the 2010 season he is still 4-2-4. Exactly middle of the road.

Defense Attornery:
    Objection, Your Honor! The prosecution is attempting to use actual facts in their argument, not just appeals to emotions!

Judge:
    Overruled.

Prosecutor:
    The State rests, Your Honor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We know what Schitty did before Rex, and I am talking about in-game adjustment.
    But who was the HC then Mangini. The past three Hc's all shared the same problem they were rooted deeply in the defensive side of the ball. Their vision of winning football games was 7-0 affairs where the O racked up 40 minutes TOP by running every down. We haven't had a creative minded HC since shudder I say it Bruce Coslet.

Any OC was doomed to fail in these regimes. If they bring in a offensive minded OC and Rex really really lets him open up the offense things may be significantly different and all of a sudden we might think hmmm maybe Sanchez isn't that bad.

I've had this argument the past two years with my friends who are Giants fans . I said swap Eli and Sanchez all other things remaining the same. What would their numbers look like. Eli makes just as many bonehead throws as Sanchez but they put in much better situations on offense. What happened at the end of this season when the Gmen had swinging gate David Diehl on the Oline and a hobbled Hakeen Nicks,. Hmm the defenses doubled Cruz and constantly rattled Eli.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I wonder why too. They have no offense or Defense.Maybe because he doesn't like the big city atmosphere, that could be it
    Have you been to Jacksonville ? It has warm weather all year long, nice place for boating and fishing, houses are cheap, great restaurants, what's not to like?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    But who was the HC then Mangini. The past three Hc's all shared the same problem they were rooted deeply in the defensive side of the ball. Their vision of winning football games was 7-0 affairs where the O racked up 40 minutes TOP by running every down. We haven't had a creative minded HC since shudder I say it Bruce Coslet.

Any OC was doomed to fail in these regimes. If they bring in a offensive minded OC and Rex really really lets him open up the offense things may be significantly different and all of a sudden we might think hmmm maybe Sanchez isn't that bad.

I've had this argument the past two years with my friends who are Giants fans . I said swap Eli and Sanchez all other things remaining the same. What would their numbers look like. Eli makes just as many bonehead throws as Sanchez but they put in much better situations on offense. What happened at the end of this season when the Gmen had swinging gate David Diehl on the Oline and a hobbled Hakeen Nicks,. Hmm the defenses doubled Cruz and constantly rattled Eli.
    Yes, you're right Schitthead really lit it up in St Louis this year. I think we have enough data and history on the Schitt, I can't believe this is still up for discussion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you're right Schitthead really lit it up in St Louis this year. I think we have enough data and history on the Schitt, I can't believe this is still up for discussion.
    Once again defensive minded coach, and who again were the Rams receivers . I think they may have given the Jets a run for HOF candidates.

But my point isn't so much in support of Shotty, but really to say the Jets OC's have been setup to fail by our defensive minded HC's. Who knows what any of these guys could have done if their bosses desire wasn't to win games by a conservative , run the ball let the D win the game for you attitude.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at "since 1995". We have more AFCCG appearances since 2009. And was this guy the owner from 1995-2010?

According to SOJF scripture we have to care about JAX record since 1995 - even though NYJ beat them
    in 1998 playoffs - and what this Jerry Colonna-lookin' guy does but forget about 2 AFC Championship Game appearances under Rex.

It's all there in the book of handJob
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Falcons defense was ranked 17th in yards in 2010. Not stout. Pretty middle of the road as well.

Matty did develop well under him, but took a big jump after he left as well. How much was Matty and how much was coaching? Who knows?

And I don't dislike him. I just think we should stop making the same mistakes over and over again.

even if you elimiinate the 2010 season he is still 4-2-4. Exactly middle of the road.

Defense Attornery:
    Objection, Your Honor! The prosecution is attempting to use actual facts in their argument, not just appeals to emotions!

Judge:
    Overruled.

Prosecutor:
    The State rests, Your Honor.

Yet they were #5 in points allowed.

So, they were #5 in points scored in 2010 and #7 in points scored in 2011 and #7 in points scored in 2012, but Mularkey is a middle of the road OC?

I don't see how he would be the same mistake. Schottenheimer and Sparano aren'y in his league.

By the way, you shouldn't be touting yourself as a legal eagle . You ARE the one who said Sparano was the OC in Dallas in 2006 and 2007.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    According to SOJF scripture we have to care about JAX record since 1995 - even though NYJ beat them
    in 1998 playoffs - and what this Jerry Colonna-lookin' guy does but forget about 2 AFC Championship Game appearances under Rex.

It's all there in the book of handJob
    How could anyone here forget the 2 AFC Championship Game appearances?

It's shoved down our throats on a daily basis by your Kool-Aide brigade.

Without looking it up, can you name the last 10 losing teams from the AFC Championship Game?

That's right, no one except Jet fans who want to hold onto the past like Islander fans did for so many years, could care less. Difference is, the Islanders actually accomplished something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    How could anyone here forget the 2 AFC Championship Game appearances?

It's shoved down our throats on a daily basis by your Kool-Aide brigade.

Without looking it up, can you name the last 10 losing teams from the AFC Championship Game?

That's right, no one except Jet fans who want to hold onto the past like Islander fans did for so many years, could care less. Difference is, the Islanders actually accomplished something.

Why not tell us how much better Lowery and Lageman were as Jaguars

Or post some more about Popp's "flavor saver" in every thread-sounds like you know how it feels

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    This is what occurs when you have a competent owner.

Oh and his name is KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsNJtnUb7c

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    1. Caldwell turned the Jets down because it's now obvious he wanted to bring in his own HC to wherever he was going to take over as GM.

2. Woody owes Rex 6 million dollars. Thats a big reason why he's still on board.
    Can you imagine if Caldwell was hired here and then interviewed and hired Schitty?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

Why not tell us how much better Lowery and Lageman were as Jaguars

Or post some more about Popp's "flavor saver" in every thread-sounds like you know how it feels
    Those of us who are heterosexual males do, yes.