Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 162

Thread: Tweets & News 1/10

  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And actually the more I hear about Jim Popp, the more I really like this guy. He has several connections to the Jets. He has done wonders with the CFL salary cap. He could bring Marc Trestman who could coach up Mark Sanchez or any new QB we get.

    And plus he looks like Barry Melrose minus the beard.

    You can tell he likes the band Flock of Seagulls

  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You need to have both because sooner or later you will be on one side of a lead or the other. Teams that are great when they get the lead and run the ball can falter in games where they get behind. Both times the NY Giants be the Pats it was because of their passing game, not the running game.
    Very true. Bet the '92 Oilers wish they had a running game though.

  3. #63
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You need to have both because sooner or later you will be on one side of a lead or the other. Teams that are great when they get the lead and run the ball can falter in games where they get behind. Both times the NY Giants be the Pats it was because of their passing game, not the running game.
    It's hard for people to believe, but you need balance. It's not as popular as saying you need a dominant half because let's face it, getting both sides to play great is a daunting task. The one thing I will say is that creating a great O is way more reliant on a singular player, that player being the QB. Defense is reliant on quality all over the field. Problem is, finding that one QB can sometimes be harder than fielding 11 great defenders.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    It's hard for people to believe, but you need balance. It's not as popular as saying you need a dominant half because let's face it, getting both sides to play great is a daunting task. The one thing I will say is that creating a great O is way more reliant on a singular player, that player being the QB. Defense is reliant on quality all over the field. Problem is, finding that one QB can sometimes be harder than fielding 11 great defenders.
    Indeed.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He looks like the Nature Boy, Ric Flair.
    LOL he does.





  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    LOL he does.




    I hope we hire him so that when he fires someone he goes, "*chop* WOOOOOOO!".

  7. #67
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

    Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.
    Maybe it's a good thing Caldwell went to Jax.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I hope we hire him so that when he fires someone he goes, "*chop* WOOOOOOO!".


    OK now I don't like this guy.....I LOVE HIM.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Maybe it's a good thing Caldwell went to Jax.
    If Caldwell is seriously considering Schotty as his head coach then I am ecstatic that we didn't get him.

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post


    OK now I don't like this guy.....I LOVE HIM.
    WE STYLIN' AND PROFILIN' NATION NOW! DIRTIEST GM IN DA GAME NOW!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV9N0_DMA8k

  11. #71
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    If Caldwell is seriously considering Schotty as his head coach then I am ecstatic that we didn't get him.
    When you look at it, if Caldwell hires Schotty. He basically chose Schotty over Rex.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pan con leche

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Steelers exec Omar Khan, meeting with Jets today, a very strong candidate. Diverse skillset. Raised bilingual. can't hurt in NY market


    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets interviewing Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine today for their GM job.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @AdamSchefter: Per @Edwerderespn, Cowboys have focused their search for a defensive coordinator on longtime NFL assistant Monte Kiffin.

  15. #75
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question: When did the Jets interview Popp and what was the mood in that interview?

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Quick question: When did the Jets interview Popp and what was the mood in that interview?
    How the hell is anyone supposed to know that?

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How the hell is anyone supposed to know that?
    Well we found out that the Gamble interview wasn't good. So....

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well we found out that the Gamble interview wasn't good. So....
    "So, Tom, who would you want as your OC?"

    "I was thinking Brian Schottenheimer. I think he's a real up and comer."

    "thank you very much for your time. we will not validate your parking."

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Steelers exec Omar Khan, meeting with Jets today, a very strong candidate. Diverse skillset. Raised bilingual. can't hurt in NY market


    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets interviewing Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine today for their GM job.
    Bilingual. Is that part of the Rooney rule too?

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well we found out that the Gamble interview wasn't good. So....
    Yes, because someone reported it. As far as I know, no one has said anything about how Popp's interview went.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us