Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 162

Thread: Tweets & News 1/10

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tweets & News 1/10

    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    1 thing about #jets search firm: They pride themselves on the unconventional. Took Dominoes CEO and made him AD at UM


    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Jets begin next phase of GM interviews today: Jerry Angelo, Brian Gaine, Omar Kahn. Solid group. #Jets http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ursday-sources


    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Now we're seeing a few business types coming into play. Wouldn't be surprised if they lean that way at some point. #nyj


    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace


    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jaguars dismissed Mike Mularkey.


    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    As we mentioned yesterday, Mularkey could possibly be a target for the #Jets OC job. Definitely fits Rex's wish list.


    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Shad Khan gave new GM David Caldwell autonomy to hire his own HC, even if it meant firing Mularkey after 1 yr. Jets taking opposite approach


    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Tim Tebow has no regrets about joining Jets http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SU3


    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Tim Tebow on Jets season: 'I don't have any regrets' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl


    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Woody says Bills might have better defensive personnel than Jets, Pettine will make big difference http://wp.me/p14QSB-6STG

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Clayton: Jets have worst cap situation: ESPN's John (The Professor) Clayton has an interesting read on the ... http://es.pn/Vmv8sw #nyj

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shad Khan gave new GM David Caldwell autonomy to hire his own HC, even if it meant firing Mularkey after 1 yr.
    And because of this, the Jaguars have a brighter future then the Jets.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Yes, most NFL coaches -- unlike most NFL players -- do have "guaranteed" contracts subject to offset (pay from another team).

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
    Bush is the third #Titans assistant to lose his job in the last week, joining RBs coach Jim Skipper and TEs coach John Zernhelt

    The #Titans have relieved linebackers coach Frank Bush of his duties, sources say

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Woody says Bills might have better defensive personnel than Jets, Pettine will make big difference http://wp.me/p14QSB-6STG
    Should this bother me as much as it does? I know the Bills have had a lot of high picks lately (and signed Mario), but we've devoted quite a bit of our draft to that side of the ball and I don't like my owner being so complimentary in comparison to his own team . . .

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Should this bother me as much as it does? I know the Bills have had a lot of high picks lately (and signed Mario), but we've devoted quite a bit of our draft to that side of the ball and I don't like my owner being so complimentary in comparison to his own team . . .
    You are assuming Woody knows something about football.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    1,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Should this bother me as much as it does? I know the Bills have had a lot of high picks lately (and signed Mario), but we've devoted quite a bit of our draft to that side of the ball and I don't like my owner being so complimentary in comparison to his own team . . .
    Its Damien Woody

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Clayton: Jets have worst cap situation: ESPN's John (The Professor) Clayton has an interesting read on the ... http://es.pn/Vmv8sw #nyj
    We know Rich, because I posted it yesterday.

    I swear he gets most of his material from this board.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are assuming Woody knows something about football.
    And you know what happens when we assume.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.
    Oh Tebow and Schotty....

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Montreal Gazette: Jim Popp already interviewed for the #Jets GM job. And get this...Woody may have flown to Canada to interview him! #nyj

    From 2 sources. Steiny and Herb Zurkowsky

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow, Schotty, and Sparano to Jagsonville. My God, one city doesn't deserve that much fail.

    Do it, Khan.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Schottenheimer interviewed w/Jags last yr too RT @AdamSchefter candidates for Jaguars HC job expected to be Greg Roman+ Brian Schottenheimer

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Montreal Gazette: Jim Popp already interviewed for the #Jets GM job. And get this...Woody may have flown to Canada to interview him! #nyj

    From 2 sources. Steiny and Herb Zurkowsky
    I thought Zurkowsky said the Jets flew to NC to interview him...Since he was interviewing for Carolina's GM position?

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Schottenheimer interviewed w/Jags last yr too RT @AdamSchefter candidates for Jaguars HC job expected to be Greg Roman+ Brian Schottenheimer
    The problem with Schotty wasn't his game planning. It was his in game calling and failure to adjust.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I thought Zurkowsky said the Jets flew to NC to interview him...Since he was interviewing for Carolina's GM position?
    Oh yeah. Sorry.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    And because of this, the Jaguars have a brighter future then the Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.
    Once again, you look foolish.

    Why don't you just wait and see what happens. You want everyone fired, and every player cut.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I don't think Pettine is any great shakes, I have a feeling he would know how to rattle Sanchez.
    Pettine vs Sanchez is not fair.
    As soon as Pettine went to Bills, Rex told Woody now we have to find another QB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us