Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Boy, your jokes get funnier and funnier.

Keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    And because of this, the Jaguars have a brighter future then the Jets.
    What if the head coach they hire sucks? I'm sick of these stupid predictions

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    What if the head coach they hire sucks? I'm sick of these stupid predictions
    Considering Schotty is on their radar, I'd say the chance of them hiring a HC that sucks is pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Franky I could care less about personality. I want a guy who knows football and how to scout personnel.
    I am with you, I want the same things. What I don't want is a yes-man for Rex. Again checks and balances are the key to any well run organization. And I like Rex at HC for the record. Not to invite too many trolls in here, but patman would agree that BB the HC outshines BB the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Boy, your jokes get funnier and funnier.

Keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Considering Schotty is on their radar, I'd say the chance of them hiring a HC that sucks is pretty high.
    And that exactly my point...its easy to mindlessly bash something for attention without knowing the facts. Yea future is looking bright so far

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He didn't think we were about that life, son. Mmmhm. He didn't think it be, but it do.

I am with you, I want the same things. What I don't want is a yes-man for Rex. Again checks and balances are the key to any well run organization. And I like Rex at HC for the record. Not to invite too many trolls in here, but patman would agree that BB the HC outshines BB the GM.
    I understand the avoidance of a yes man. But with Rex admitting to everybody that he held this team back, he is suggesting that he wants to learn. And that getting an experienced football mind in here would be a great experience for him.

I understand the avoidance of a yes man. But with Rex admitting to everybody that he held this team back, he is suggesting that he wants to learn. And that getting an experienced football mind in here would be a great experience for him.
    That, I can understand and accept. However, he has got to prove it via action. Until he does that, these are just words that don't mean anything.

That, I can understand and accept. However, he has got to prove it via action. Until he does that, these are just words that don't mean anything.
    Well look at last year. Last year he said to Francesca that he was going to not be as brash and make predictions and rile people. And for the most part, he was quiet and didn't say much.

Yes I sincerely hope so. I think we are actually on the same page. I don't really care what the GM's personality is, but if the Jets do isn't that just as silly? Did that make any sense (no sarcasm intended)?

Yes I sincerely hope so. I think we are actually on the same page. I don't really care what the GM's personality is, but if the Jets do isn't that just as silly? Did that make any sense (no sarcasm intended)?
    It is a bit silly. But then again, I've also heard from sources (Bassett, a weak source, but still a source) that the falling out in the interview with Gamble was his cap philosophy.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    The daily coaching/G.M. vacancy update http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SUS

Jets Insider VIP
    Franky I could care less about personality. I want a guy who knows football and how to scout personnel.
    Exactly. We already have enough personality with Rex. We need a reasonably smart guy to gets us some picks that Rex and staff can coach up.

Learn what? That having a great offense is vastly more important than having a great defense?

This franchise is going to suck not only due to the retaining of Rex but because Woody Johnson is fail.

Here's the truth:

THIS TEAM WILL SUCK UNTIL WOODY JOHNSON SELLS IT.

And actually the more I hear about Jim Popp, the more I really like this guy. He has several connections to the Jets. He has done wonders with the CFL salary cap. He could bring Marc Trestman who could coach up Mark Sanchez or any new QB we get.

And plus he looks like Barry Melrose minus the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Learn what? That having a great offense is vastly more important than having a great defense?

This franchise is going to suck not only due to the retaining of Rex but because Woody Johnson is fail.
    Offense wins in the regular season. Defense wins in the playoffs.

A Passing game scores points. A Running game wins games.

And actually the more I hear about Jim Popp, the more I really like this guy. He has several connections to the Jets. He has done wonders with the CFL salary cap. He could bring Marc Trestman who could coach up Mark Sanchez or any new QB we get.

And plus he looks like Barry Melrose minus the beard.

He looks like the Nature Boy, Ric Flair.

Offense wins in the regular season. Defense wins in the playoffs.

A Passing game scores points. A Running game wins games.
    You need to have both because sooner or later you will be on one side of a lead or the other. Teams that are great when they get the lead and run the ball can falter in games where they get behind. Both times the NY Giants be the Pats it was because of their passing game, not the running game.

He looks like the Nature Boy, Ric Flair.
    Plus there's another good thing about this possible hire for Woody, always looking for the headlines.

Think of the buzz this would cause by hiring a CFL legend, a mysterious figure in America.