Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/10

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    HubbuchNYPBart Hubbuch
    Best "source" just left Florham Park. RT @RichCimini: Bills officially announce former Jets DC Mike Pettine as new defensive coordinator.
    1 second ago

Interesting...I wonder if Pettine was responsible for the "leaks".....
    And in unrelated news Manish Metha has sold his house and is looking for one in Orchard Park Buffalo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @UTKevinAcee: Talk increasing that SF 49ers OC Greg Roman will be looked at by Chargers. Has done fine job. Oh & he was Tom Telesco's college roomie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @UTKevinAcee: Talk increasing that SF 49ers OC Greg Roman will be looked at by Chargers. Has done fine job. Oh & he was Tom Telesco's college roomie.
    Interesting. A lot of people thought Bruce Arians was a shoo-in for that job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am all for this due diligence process but a CFL guy? I have done little research on any of these candidates but from what I read, i think the shoe shine guy at Penn Station is getting interviewed tomorrow! Probably the best candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I am all for this due diligence process but a CFL guy? I have done little research on any of these candidates but from what I read, i think the shoe shine guy at Penn Station is getting interviewed tomorrow! Probably the best candidate.
    Well last year Popp interviewed for the Colts GM job and was said to have impressed in that interview. He also interviewed for the Panthers job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well last year Popp interviewed for the Colts GM job and was said to have impressed in that interview. He also interviewed for the Panthers job.
    I saw that... I figure I don't have the time or energy to read up on the 250 billion candidates we are talking to. I will just wait until we hire someone, read up on him/her and then come to this board and let the fun begin... The impatient fan in me hopes we can announce a new GM but early next week.
    I'm kind of disappointed that we have not heard more on Ross or Dorsey

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I saw that... I figure I don't have the time or energy to read up on the 250 billion candidates we are talking to. I will just wait until we hire someone, read up on him/her and then come to this board and let the fun begin... The impatient fan in me hopes we can announce a new GM but early next week.
    I'm kind of disappointed that we have not heard more on Ross or Dorsey
    Dorsey to KC is basically a done deal per Tony Pauline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dorsey to KC is basically a done deal per Tony Pauline.
    Probably true but Gamble was supposed to be a done deal here... Maybe Woody opens up the check book a little bit to get a quality guy to take on Rex!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @kentsomers: Jay Gruden says he will interview with eagles next wk. at least that's the sked

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: RT @JackCurryYES: Breaking news: Yogi Berra said he is thinking of joining Twitter. I am serious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @kentsomers: Jay Gruden says he will interview with eagles next wk. at least that's the sked
    Let him. His playcalling against the Texans was horrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    While I don't think Pettine is any great shakes, I have a feeling he would know how to rattle Sanchez.
    Pettine vs Sanchez is not fair.
    As soon as Pettine went to Bills, Rex told Woody now we have to find another QB.
    As soon as Pettine went to the Bills, Woody should have told himself that there is something wrong with his HCing situation when one of his HC's most trusted assistants made a lateral move with a Division rival.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is absolutely ridiculous what's going on in this forum. Mood swings are occurring at the drop of every rumor. We go from "Yay they are interviewing good candidates" to "Boo! They "supposedly" don't want a strong personality".

Everybody calm down and let the process go through.
    We just went through 7 years with a guy who wasn't a strong personality.

That's EXACTLY what the Jets need. A guy who takes charge of the team and doesn't kowtow to his HC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely OT, but I just looked at Jordan's sig. LEL!

"Hey *******: I have you on ignore. But if you keep having a go at me I will declare open warfare on your sorry ass."

What in the actual ****, haha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Considering Schotty is on their radar, I'd say the chance of them hiring a HC that sucks is pretty high.
    I've said it before but I actually think Shoddy could be a better HC than he was an OC provided he delegates the game day play-calling to his OC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    As soon as Pettine went to the Bills, Woody should have told himself that there is something wrong with his HCing situation when one of his HC's most trusted assistants made a lateral move with a Division rival.
    Happpens quite often ,good coaches want to make a name for themselves. How many times have you heard of the defense as Pettine's defense never. it was always Rex's defense. He wanted to step out of the shadow of his protege sort of like Parcells/Belicheck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just went through 7 years with a guy who wasn't a strong personality.

That's EXACTLY what the Jets need. A guy who takes charge of the team and doesn't kowtow to his HC.
    It depends on the meaning of the term "personality" While it can mean taking charge, it can also mean "out there and heart on the sleeve"

We already have that kind of guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And actually the more I hear about Jim Popp, the more I really like this guy. He has several connections to the Jets. He has done wonders with the CFL salary cap. He could bring Marc Trestman who could coach up Mark Sanchez or any new QB we get.

And plus he looks like Barry Melrose minus the beard.

But he does have a flavor saver.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. A lot of people thought Bruce Arians was a shoo-in for that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Hot 4 Pop

Sexy 4 Rexy

Horny 4 Zorny

Burnin 4 Thurman
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Happpens quite often ,good coaches want to make a name for themselves. How many times have you heard of the defense as Pettine's defense never. it was always Rex's defense. He wanted to step out of the shadow of his protege sort of like Parcells/Belicheck.

Not a happy analogy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But he does have a flavor saver.
    You mean a soul patch?