Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/10

Tweets & News 1/10

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    1 thing about #jets search firm: They pride themselves on the unconventional. Took Dominoes CEO and made him AD at UM

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Jets begin next phase of GM interviews today: Jerry Angelo, Brian Gaine, Omar Kahn. Solid group. #Jets http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ursday-sources

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Now we're seeing a few business types coming into play. Wouldn't be surprised if they lean that way at some point. #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jaguars dismissed Mike Mularkey.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    As we mentioned yesterday, Mularkey could possibly be a target for the #Jets OC job. Definitely fits Rex's wish list.

Shad Khan gave new GM David Caldwell autonomy to hire his own HC, even if it meant firing Mularkey after 1 yr. Jets taking opposite approach

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Tim Tebow has no regrets about joining Jets http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SU3

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Tim Tebow on Jets season: 'I don't have any regrets' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Woody says Bills might have better defensive personnel than Jets, Pettine will make big difference http://wp.me/p14QSB-6STG

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Clayton: Jets have worst cap situation: ESPN's John (The Professor) Clayton has an interesting read on the ... http://es.pn/Vmv8sw #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Shad Khan gave new GM David Caldwell autonomy to hire his own HC, even if it meant firing Mularkey after 1 yr.
    And because of this, the Jaguars have a brighter future then the Jets.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Yes, most NFL coaches -- unlike most NFL players -- do have "guaranteed" contracts subject to offset (pay from another team).

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
    Bush is the third #Titans assistant to lose his job in the last week, joining RBs coach Jim Skipper and TEs coach John Zernhelt

The #Titans have relieved linebackers coach Frank Bush of his duties, sources say

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Woody says Bills might have better defensive personnel than Jets, Pettine will make big difference http://wp.me/p14QSB-6STG
    Should this bother me as much as it does? I know the Bills have had a lot of high picks lately (and signed Mario), but we've devoted quite a bit of our draft to that side of the ball and I don't like my owner being so complimentary in comparison to his own team . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Should this bother me as much as it does? I know the Bills have had a lot of high picks lately (and signed Mario), but we've devoted quite a bit of our draft to that side of the ball and I don't like my owner being so complimentary in comparison to his own team . . .
    You are assuming Woody knows something about football.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Its Damien Woody

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Clayton: Jets have worst cap situation: ESPN's John (The Professor) Clayton has an interesting read on the ... http://es.pn/Vmv8sw #nyj
    We know Rich, because I posted it yesterday.

I swear he gets most of his material from this board.

Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are assuming Woody knows something about football.
    And you know what happens when we assume.

Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer.
    Oh Tebow and Schotty....

Montreal Gazette: Jim Popp already interviewed for the #Jets GM job. And get this...Woody may have flown to Canada to interview him! #nyj

From 2 sources. Steiny and Herb Zurkowsky

Tebow, Schotty, and Sparano to Jagsonville. My God, one city doesn't deserve that much fail.

Do it, Khan.

Schottenheimer interviewed w/Jags last yr too RT @AdamSchefter candidates for Jaguars HC job expected to be Greg Roman+ Brian Schottenheimer

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Montreal Gazette: Jim Popp already interviewed for the #Jets GM job. And get this...Woody may have flown to Canada to interview him! #nyj

From 2 sources. Steiny and Herb Zurkowsky
    I thought Zurkowsky said the Jets flew to NC to interview him...Since he was interviewing for Carolina's GM position?

Schottenheimer interviewed w/Jags last yr too RT @AdamSchefter candidates for Jaguars HC job expected to be Greg Roman+ Brian Schottenheimer
    The problem with Schotty wasn't his game planning. It was his in game calling and failure to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I thought Zurkowsky said the Jets flew to NC to interview him...Since he was interviewing for Carolina's GM position?
    Oh yeah. Sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    And because of this, the Jaguars have a brighter future then the Jets.
    Once again, you look foolish.

Why don't you just wait and see what happens. You want everyone fired, and every player cut.

While I don't think Pettine is any great shakes, I have a feeling he would know how to rattle Sanchez.
    Pettine vs Sanchez is not fair.
    As soon as Pettine went to Bills, Rex told Woody now we have to find another QB.