Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

Bottom line is you dont get anywhere in the NFL without a good qb.
    Again with the quarterback. Over and over again, "it's the quarterback!"

This thread is about REX RYAN. You love him. Let's have your list:

The Top 10 Reasons Rex Ryan Is The Right Coach For The 2013 Jets:

This is NOT a history lesson. 2013. Why Rex Ryan.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I

I'm not gonna defend REX..but with an average QB performance, we beat TENN, Houston, NE and at least one other game.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I'm not gonna defend REX..but with an average QB performance, we beat TENN, Houston, NE and at least one other game.
    How come Rex gets a pass on the QB... He is the head coach... He is responsible for the entire team... OUr special teams and offense sucked this year... So he does ok with 1 out of 3 units... 33% Last time I checked that is a failing grade.

Anyone who reads my posts knows I have been as down on Sanchez as anyone. But if you saw the two passes Flacco threw for completions on the TD drive just before halftime, if Sanchez throws those same passes they are picks. The Ravens WRs made beautiful catches.

/thread

Nothing wrong with defending Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Can I get an Amen!......why so many on this board confuse being a very good DC with being a good HC I don't fathom. There are a plethera of examples where a good OC/DC has been a bust as a HC. Actually it's in the family tree with Rex. Rex certainly has NOT been a good HC. The team has de-evolved right before all of our eyes under Rex's supposedly good head coaching. He admitted "losing the pulse" of the team, poor judge of talent, poor judge of coaches, loyal to a fault, clueless on running/overseeing an offense.
    +1

SAR I
    lol are you get pissed because no one wants to play your stupid game? or the fact I keep pointing out the obvious about how terrible your boy Sanchez is? probably a little bit of both.. Yes again with the quarterback because that is by far the biggest issue of this team.. Only 1 team in what the past 25 years has won a superbowl with a below average qb? I dont think Joe flaco is great but hes 10 times better than mark Sanchez.. He is the worst qb in the NFL, shouldnt have won more than 2 games. Not only do we have the worst qb in the league, we have the worst backups.. And Stuck with sanchez for another year...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    How come Rex gets a pass on the QB... He is the head coach... He is responsible for the entire team... OUr special teams and offense sucked this year... So he does ok with 1 out of 3 units... 33% Last time I checked that is a failing grade.
    he doesn't...but what is frightening is that when he states, MARK gives us the best chance to win, he was right.

What was he to do? We start 2012 with our QB. he stifles Buffalo, and by the time we realize he is irreparable, we have Tebow and McElroy?

The blame is our lack of total team development around Mark.

Your point is well taken.

are you Sar? that is a terrible post.. Is Rex responsible for Mark sanchez running into Olinemen's arses? throw 10 yards away from nearest Jet reciever? fumble the ball like its a hot potato? He didnt make Mark the worst qb in the league.. The worst qb in the league does make the offense suck.. Special teams? what does Mike Westoff do? he is the king of special teams and has taken all the credit for when the teams do well.. Which they did past few years.. Now its all on Rex..lol. you are Sar admit it...

Jets Insider VIP

07,08 jets defense ranked 16th and 18th overall under mangini.

Rex took those same players "Mangini's player and with his Defensive designs turned Jets into #1 defense in the NFL.

Savvy?
    Bart Scott got 11.5 Million to play on Mangini's D? How about Jim Leonard? How about Liddo Sheppard? Wasn't Revis and Harris drafted by Mangini/Tannenbaum and developed by Mangini. What exactly did Rex do? He tooka 9 and 7 team that added big time FA's for him and went 9 & 7.

Rex had the most expensive D money could buy when he stepped on the field for the Jets first game in 09.

he doesn't...but what is frightening is that when he states, MARK gives us the best chance to win, he was right.

What was he to do? We start 2012 with our QB. he stifles Buffalo, and by the time we realize he is irreparable, we have Tebow and McElroy?

The blame is our lack of total team development around Mark.

Your point is well taken.
    I am going to respond to you and the unreasonable cleansweep....

REX IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QB POSITION... DON'T BLAME TANNY, HE IS AS MUCH TO BLAME. YOU HAD A LEGITIMATE BACKUP ON YOUR ROSTER IN STANTON AND YOU TRADED HIM AWAY AFTER ACQUIRING TEBOW. HE FAILS AT EITHER EVALUATING TEBOW (WHO I THINK IS CRAP) OR LETTING THE TEAM GET RID OF STANTON... IT ALL FALLS ON REX... I'M NOT PROTECTING SANCHEZ, I THINK HE HAS BEEN GARBAGE. BUT THE HC DOESN'T GET A PASS ON THAT. CLEANSWEEP DOESN'T HAVE TO AGREE BUT HE HAS NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO MAKING A VALID ARGUEMENT.

(caps implies me yelling)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Bart Scott got 11.5 Million to play on Mangini's D? How about Jim Leonard? How about Liddo Sheppard? Wasn't Revis and Harris drafted by Mangini/Tannenbaum and developed by Mangini. What exactly did Rex do? He tooka 9 and 7 team that added big time FA's for him and went 9 & 7.

Rex had the most expensive D money could buy when he stepped on the field for the Jets first game in 09.
    Revis was a rookie in 2007.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am going to respond to you and the unreasonable cleansweep....

REX IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QB POSITION... DON'T BLAME TANNY, HE IS AS MUCH TO BLAME. YOU HAD A LEGITIMATE BACKUP ON YOUR ROSTER IN STANTON AND YOU TRADED HIM AWAY AFTER ACQUIRING TEBOW. HE FAILS AT EITHER EVALUATING TEBOW (WHO I THINK IS CRAP) OR LETTING THE TEAM GET RID OF STANTON... IT ALL FALLS ON REX... I'M NOT PROTECTING SANCHEZ, I THINK HE HAS BEEN GARBAGE. BUT THE HC DOESN'T GET A PASS ON THAT. CLEANSWEEP DOESN'T HAVE TO AGREE BUT HE HAS NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO MAKING A VALID ARGUEMENT.

(caps implies me yelling)
    Agree. WHO ever brought in Tebow is a jag off. But also, we did everything to hurt Marks chances. Is that REX or Tanny? personnel is usually Tanny but who knows.

Undrafted Free Agent
    are you Sar? that is a terrible post.. Is Rex responsible for Mark sanchez running into Olinemen's arses? throw 10 yards away from nearest Jet reciever? fumble the ball like its a hot potato? He didnt make Mark the worst qb in the league.. The worst qb in the league does make the offense suck.. Special teams? what does Mike Westoff do? he is the king of special teams and has taken all the credit for when the teams do well.. Which they did past few years.. Now its all on Rex..lol. you are Sar admit it...
    So what exactly Rex is responsible for on this team? He sure isn't responsible for the locker room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agree. WHO ever brought in Tebow is a jag off. But also, we did everything to hurt Marks chances. Is that REX or Tanny? personnel is usually Tanny but who knows.
    From what has been said . It's on Woody and Tanny. Rex and Sparano didn't see anything from Tebow in practice.

I did not ask you for a history lesson. I did not ask you to list the things Rex Ryan did with Eric Mangini's team in 2009 and 2010.

What I asked you to do was provide a Top 10 list of the reasons why Rex Ryan is a good head coach today, and the right man to lead a rebuilding Jets squad.

Try again:

HINT: Things that are traits of a good head coach. Like clock management, timeout management, player development, drafting well, halftime adjustments, being proficient in all phases of the game, keeping the team on an even keel, locker room management, etc.

The onus is on you.

SAR I
    I'm done here. It's obvious that no matter how many facts I state you'll keep thumping the gavel saying the onus is on me as though what I just posted wasn't material to the debate.

I'm convinced at this point that you cannot be reached. But then again I said you'd pull that line of bull even before this debate began.

I've got news for you SAR, the rest of the world lives in a place called REALITY. They would not simply ignore RESULTS that I just posted for you. And BTW, the tell tale sign of a good HC is RESULTS, not ignoring facts and continuing your illogical hate crusade.

mainejet your right on.. Im done debating ignorance.. Its just a waste of time..

lol are you get pissed because no one wants to play your stupid game? or the fact I keep pointing out the obvious about how terrible your boy Sanchez is? probably a little bit of both.. Yes again with the quarterback because that is by far the biggest issue of this team.. Only 1 team in what the past 25 years has won a superbowl with a below average qb? I dont think Joe flaco is great but hes 10 times better than mark Sanchez.. He is the worst qb in the NFL, shouldnt have won more than 2 games. Not only do we have the worst qb in the league, we have the worst backups.. And Stuck with sanchez for another year...
    It's not a stupid game. In fact, it gets right to the heart of why Rex Ryan should not be our head coach right now. You are a diehard fan of his and you can't even name 10 things that make him a really great head coach for the 2013 squad.

This has nothing to do with your Mark Sanchez Smokescreen. This has everything to do with Rex Ryan. 10 things that makes him a great head coach. Name them, or stop posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm done here. It's obvious that no matter how many facts I state you'll keep thumping the gavel saying the onus is on me as though what I just posted wasn't material to the debate.

I'm convinced at this point that you cannot be reached. But then again I said you'd pull that line of bull even before this debate began.

I've got news for you SAR, the rest of the world lives in a place called REALITY. They would not simply ignore RESULTS that I just posted for you. And BTW, the tell tale sign of a good HC is RESULTS, not ignoring facts and continuing your illogical hate crusade.
    And another Rex Ryan Apologist folds like a house of cards just as I knew he would.

Instead of making excuses for why you can't name 10 reasons why he's the right head coach for the 2013 New York Jets you're just going to run away and hide. How convenient.

Rex Ryan is a likable character who achieved some things in the distant past that we all appreciate. You two are the only ones left on the entire planet that think he's a good head coach and you can't even name 10 reasons why he should have a job. Speaks volumes.

Thank you for proving my point. I knew I could count on you.

SAR I