Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

Tweets & News 1/12

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    RT @BFeldmanCBS: Jets to interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton for OC job MON/TUES, source tells CBS. He's in mix for at least 2 other OC jobs

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Stanford O.C. Pep Hamilton lands on Rex Ryan's radar screen, via @BFeldmanCBS http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TIL

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    As expected, Cam Cameron has emerged as leading candidate for #Jets OC job, per @mortreport. Story here. http://espn.go.com/newyork/chat/_/id/46716

I have no issue with the OC search progressing at the same rate as the GM search. I only fear that by interviewing OC candidates now, Cohen will be appointed the GM. I may just be reading into things to much however.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Patriots break out the Vaseline and baby powder in practice. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I have no issue with the OC search progressing at the same rate as the GM search. I only fear that by interviewing OC candidates now, Cohen will be appointed the GM. I may just be reading into things to much however.
    Someone was gonna say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Someone was gonna say it.
    I felt it had to be mentioned though I still believe there is no shot he can be appointed, due to the backlash the move would receive.

I felt it had to be mentioned though I still believe there is no shot he can be appointed, due to the backlash the move would receive.
    The only thing I would say is that Woody said in the presser that Rex would have control over the CS and that the GM would have control of personnel. So, interviewing OCs now wouldn't really be an indicator either way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Also, it would be hard to believe that after interviewing a dozen or so candidates, that Scott Cohen would emerge as the best choice.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Pep Hamilton spent 3 seasons w Jets & his stock has shot up since. Wouldnt be surprised if Panthers pursue the NC native

NY Jets to interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton for OC job MON/TUES, source tells CBS. He's in mix for at least 2 other OC j

Hamilton started his coaching career at Howard University, where he served as the team's quarterbacks coach before becoming the team's offensive coordinator. Hamilton coached in the National Football League for the New York Jets and San Francisco 49ers before taking a position as quarterbacks coach for the Chicago Bears on March 5, 2007.

In 2010, Hamilton was hired by the University of New Mexico Lobos after Tee Martin left for the Kentucky Wildcats and was named co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach. However, after Ron Turner left Stanford for the Indianapolis Colts, Hamilton left New Mexico and before the start of the season to be the wide receivers coach at Stanford.[2] In 2011, he was promoted to offensive coordinator under new head coach David Shaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Hamilton
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-12-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Time to start letting it be known there will be even bigger backlash if they hire Can't Cameron

Jets Insider VIP
    You are I think. Remember, this is a process that will spit out the best candidate. I doubt that Cohen is predetermined. There is too much at stake here.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pep Hamilton spent 3 seasons w Jets & his stock has shot up since. Wouldnt be surprised if Panthers pursue the NC native

NY Jets to interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton for OC job MON/TUES, source tells CBS. He's in mix for at least 2 other OC j

Hamilton started his coaching career at Howard University, where he served as the team's quarterbacks coach before becoming the team's offensive coordinator. Hamilton coached in the National Football League for the New York Jets and San Francisco 49ers before taking a position as quarterbacks coach for the Chicago Bears on March 5, 2007.

In 2010, Hamilton was hired by the University of New Mexico Lobos after Tee Martin left for the Kentucky Wildcats and was named co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach. However, after Ron Turner left Stanford for the Indianapolis Colts, Hamilton left New Mexico and before the start of the season to be the wide receivers coach at Stanford.[2] In 2011, he was promoted to offensive coordinator under new head coach David Shaw.

Just wondering, but is Hamilton known for more of an option style offense? Would make sense for Carolina to pursue him.

Jets Insider VIP

He did a pretty nice job with Andrew Luck in 2011 although even Shottenheimer probably couldn't have messed up that kid.

Pep Hamilton worked with the Jets from 2003-2005 in three different capacities.

03-Offensive quality control
    04-QB coach
    05-WR coach

Last job in the NFL was as the QB coach in Chicago from 07-09 which scares me a bit because the Bears are not known for good QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Pep Hamilton worked with the Jets from 2003-2005 in three different capacities.

03-Offensive quality control
    04-QB coach
    05-WR coach

Last job in the NFL was as the QB coach in Chicago from 07-09 which scares me a bit because the Bears are not known for good QBs.
    QBs during that time:

'09-Cutler
    '08-Orton
    '07-Grossman (7 starts), Griese (6 starts), Orton (3 starts)

Pep played QB at Howard Univ

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    If Lovie Smith lands an HC job, he'd like to bring along Stanford OC Pep Hamilton, whom @BFeldmanCBS reported as a Jets OC candidate.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    #jets offensive coordinator candidates begin to emerge | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...nator_sea.html

QBs during that time:

'09-Cutler
    '08-Orton
    '07-Grossman (7 starts), Griese (6 starts), Orton (3 starts)

Pep played QB at Howard Univ
    Exactly my point.

Feb. 2, 2011

Coach David Shaw has announced Pep Hamilton to offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
    Hamilton, who served as the Cardinal's wide receivers coach last season, served as the quarterbacks coach with the Chicago Bears for three seasons (2007-09) and also gained NFL experience in coaching stints with the San Francisco 49ers (2006), New York Jets (2003-05), Baltimore Ravens (2002), Washington Redskins (2001) and Kansas City Chiefs (2000).

Under his direction, Stanford boasted one of the deepest receiving corps in the nation last season, despite being without the services of talented junior Chris Owusu for most of the season. A total of 17 players caught passes, including 10 who hauled in at least one touchdown pass from Heisman Trophy runner-up quarterback Andrew Luck.

Hamilton's receivers, along with the tight ends, combined to catch a school-record 32 touchdowns in 2010, as Stanford set single-season record for scoring (524), scoring average (40.3) and total offense (6,142).

"Pep is more than ready for this job," said Shaw. "He did a great job for us last year. He brought new concepts to our offense, which were invaluable for us in the red zone and was a big part of our success in the passing game all season."

Stanford ranked ninth in red zone efficiency in 2010, converting on 89 percent (62-70) of its trips inside the 20 yard line, coming away with 48 touchdowns and 14 field goals.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...020211aag.html

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You are I think. Remember, this is a process that will spit out the best candidate. I doubt that Cohen is predetermined. There is too much at stake here.
    Exactly, they would have never hired this KFY executive search firm if they were going to give it to an in-house guy like Cohen.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-12-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Exactly, they would have never hired this head-hunting firm if they were going to give it to an in-house guy like Cohen.
    And gone to the second round of interviews. People are starting to figure out the logic.