Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 334

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Do you think Texans fans have been yelling for Kubiaks head.His team has fallen short and worse for the last five years.Are Bengals fans yelling about there HC, because they lost again in the first round.What about Baltimore, by your standards Harbaugh sucks because his team has fallen short. Take a hike
    Baltimore is a consistent winner, year in and year out. Texans only got good once Wade Phillips was hired, JJ Watt was drafted, and Arian Foster became a star. The Bungels have actually, you know, made the playoffs the last two years with a young QB-WR Tandem.

    You're a ****ing idiot if you can't see a difference between those teams and ours.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Results? Haha, what results? A 9-7 year where we snuck into the playoffs and lost in the AFCCG after Rex PROMISED us that we'd win the Superbowl, an 8-8 year where we fell apart and Rex couldn't put us back together, and a 6-10 year where we completely got embarrassed and become the laughing stock of the league? Oh, but one good year where we also lost in the AFCCG is worth it. Wow, what great results!

    My opinion on Rex is formed based on the fact that he's done absolutely NOTHING for us. If you like the way his balls taste, then enjoy. I, for one, will not blindly back a fool who makes our team a complete joke.
    You sound like a 6 year old boy who didnt get his red rider bb gun for christmas that santa promised..

    Did anyone honestly think Jets would get to the AFCCG in Rex's first yr, Sanchez's first yr? Especially after "sneaking in the playoffs" ? At 9-7, 10-6 going to the AFCCG is over achieving. Under achieving? look how many times in past few years the pats went in post season with near perfect record, only to get beat by lesser teams (Jets included) Why not Fire BB for that? This team was never very good thanks to MT. He did a terrible job to improve the team every offseason.. and last offseason he should have just sat on his hands and not do anything.. then we would not be stuck with the worst qb in the league for another year.. He left 6-8 mil sitting in the cap bank this year..
    You guys crying are the boys who bought the coolaid after early success.. Most of us new Rex had these guys overachieving, and knew MT needed to improve roster to win it all..He only made bad contracts.. mark Sanchez needed to step up, because only 1 team in past 20 years has won a superbowl with a bellow average qb. He stepped down in 11, and fell on his butt (literally) this year..

  3. #83
    I'm sorry you don't blow things up if you have one losing season the last 4 years.

    When you have a QB that has 54 turnovers the last 32 games and still manage to come out 14-18, that's pretty solid.

    The only thing to fault Rex for is sticking with Sanchez during his incredible decline.


    Someone please name me a ROOKIE HC that won a Super Bowl in his 1st four years.

    My point is its a growing process. The man is still learning on the job. To only have 1 losing season out of the 4 when you had:

    A.) A really outdated ground and pound philosophy the first 2 years.

    B.) A QB who had 54 turnovers the last 2 seasons and has 2 seasons where he threw more Ints than TDs.

    Is pretty impressive.

    Everyone's talking about his personal life as if it effects his actual life. Man, if that's the case than go work for New York Media or TMZ.


    Edit: my stupid phone sent the post prematurely

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    You sound like a 6 year old boy who didnt get his red rider bb gun for christmas that santa promised..

    Did anyone honestly think Jets would get to the AFCCG in Rex's first yr, Sanchez's first yr? Especially after "sneaking in the playoffs" ? At 9-7, 10-6 going to the AFCCG is over achieving. Under achieving? look how many times in past few years the pats went in post season with near perfect record, only to get beat by lesser teams (Jets included) Why not Fire BB for that? This team was never very good thanks to MT. He did a terrible job to improve the team every offseason.. and last offseason he should have just sat on his hands and not do anything.. then we would not be stuck with the worst qb in the league for another year.. He left 6-8 mil sitting in the cap bank this year..
    You guys crying are the boys who bought the coolaid after early success.. Most of us new Rex had these guys overachieving, and knew MT needed to improve roster to win it all..He only made bad contracts.. mark Sanchez needed to step up, because only 1 team in past 20 years has won a superbowl with a bellow average qb. He stepped down in 11, and fell on his butt (literally) this year..
    So, I can't be upset with Rex because he failed? lol, ok.

    Dumbass.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Excellent post.

    The only hope for this franchise to move in the right direction is for the team to perform badly again in 2013 thus forcing Woody Johnson to fire the head coach. I think the team will be bad regardless next season but the question is will the new GM be legitimate or just a puppet hired by Rex?
    Yes, the only hope for this franchise to succeed is to... lose?

    We could win a bunch of games in 2013 too. That might get us on the right track.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, I can't be upset with Rex because he failed? lol, ok.

    Dumbass.
    I sense the dark growing in you young padawan. The Jimmy Rustling clouds your mind... come back to gif reaction light my son.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I sense the dark growing in you young padawan. The Jimmy Rustling clouds your mind... come back to gif reaction light my son.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyJNEZPm-pQ

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Baltimore is a consistent winner, year in and year out. Texans only got good once Wade Phillips was hired, JJ Watt was drafted, and Arian Foster became a star. The Bungels have actually, you know, made the playoffs the last two years with a young QB-WR Tandem.

    You're a ****ing idiot if you can't see a difference between those teams and ours.
    Lol oh so the Texans are good because they finally hired a good coordinator ? Seems familiar.

    The Bengals made it to the playoffs twice (both one-and-done) the first two years of a new QB. But when we did it we forget about it.

    You seriously are the biggest flip flopping baby on this board. Cry some more.

  9. #89

    According to you

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, you're right. we should just extend him and keep him around in the hopes that we might ONE day win a championship. I mean, he's proven he's not even close to being a competent HC, but let's ignore all that and keep filling the wish jar with hopes and dreams.
    According to you we should have fired Ryan after last years 8-8 season right. Im trying to understand when you started feeling Ryan couldn't coach.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I sense the dark growing in you young padawan. The Jimmy Rustling clouds your mind... come back to gif reaction light my son.
    Yeah because all his posts are .gifs or stupid 18 year old " Yoiz kiddin me DoE" horrible Internet talk. When the kid tries to make serious posts, he embarrasses himself.

  11. #91
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    I'm sorry you don't blow things up if you have one losing season the last 4 years.

    When you have a QB that has 54 turnovers the last 32 games and still manage to come out 14-18, that's pretty solid.

    The only thing to fault Rex for is sticking with Sanchez during his incredible decline.


    Someone please name me a ROOKIE HC that won a Super Bowl in his 1st four years.

    My point is its a growing process. The man is still learning on the job. To only have 1 losing season out of the 4 when you had:

    A.) A really outdated ground and pound philosophy the first 2 years.

    B.) A QB who had 54 turnovers the last 2 seasons and has 2 seasons where he threw more Ints than TDs.

    C.)
    You can think this way only if you divorce yourself - completely - from everything that has gone on behind and around the scenes. If you pretend not to know about the drama, controversy and lack of leadership demonstrated by Rex Ryan, sure you'd then would have a point.

    People don't think Rex should go solely because of the record. It's an evaluation based on the whole picture. And it's an ugly picture.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Lol oh so the Texans are good because they finally hired a good coordinator ? Seems familiar.

    The Bengals made it to the playoffs twice (both one-and-done) the first two years of a new QB. But when we did it we forget about it.

    You seriously are the biggest flip flopping baby on this board. Cry some more.
    A bit odd how once Phillips came on board they suddenly got better. I'm willing to bet his coaching of the defense had something to do with it.

    This Bengals team is young and, seemingly, on the upswing. Unless they take a nose dive like we did, I can't find reason to get rid of Lewis.

    No, YOU'RE a towel.

  13. #93

    Said the same thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Lol oh so the Texans are good because they finally hired a good coordinator ? Seems familiar.

    The Bengals made it to the playoffs twice (both one-and-done) the first two years of a new QB. But when we did it we forget about it.

    You seriously are the biggest flip flopping baby on this board. Cry some more.
    Won't respond to specifics,can't no ammo

  14. #94
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,407
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm still on board with Rex however I do find him to be very bizarre.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Eh - they went out and gave the people a promise of being hands on; they didn't hide behind "GM search" BS from a spokesperson. Rex knows he's got a chance to change things for the better and he's doing the day to day that you and I won't do.

    <Gary Meyers> "Mr. jetswin; jetswin...you claim to be a good spouse, but your wife was heard on wire-tap saying you continually leave the seat up and the cap off. How can you stand in front of us today and expect us to fall for the same old..."

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    I'm sorry you don't blow things up if you have one losing season the last 4 years.

    When you have a QB that has 54 turnovers the last 32 games and still manage to come out 14-18, that's pretty solid.

    The only thing to fault Rex for is sticking with Sanchez during his incredible decline.

    Someone please name me a ROOKIE HC that won a Super Bowl in his 1st four years.

    My point is its a growing process. The man is still learning on the job. To only have 1 losing season out of the 4 when you had:

    A.) A really outdated ground and pound philosophy the first 2 years.

    B.) A QB who had 54 turnovers the last 2 seasons and has 2 seasons where he threw more Ints than TDs.

    C.)
    That's a tough one..... Rookie HC's who won a SB in their first 4 years...? How about:

    Mike Tomlin
    Mike McCarthy
    Barry Switzer
    George Seifert
    Jimmy Johnson
    Bill Walsh
    Tom Flores
    Joe Gibbs

  16. #96
    I totally get the vote of "no confidence" in Rex. But the grim reality is that it would be pointless to fire him right now. There is no strategic benefit for the Jets to create a HC vacancy at this moment.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You can think this way only if you divorce yourself - completely - from everything that has gone on behind and around the scenes. If you pretend not to know about the drama, controversy and lack of leadership demonstrated by Rex Ryan, sure you'd then would have a point.

    People don't think Rex should go solely because of the record. It's an evaluation based on the whole picture. And it's an ugly picture.
    I can understand your POV, but I feel like where we come to a disagreement is that I let it slide the failure of when he lost the locker room (he learned from it).

    Any "drama" that happened was pretty much solely from the NY Media. Just look at McElroy who blasted the Jets last year about the locker room clearly said that this year was totally different and it wasn't like anything from last year, and that it appeared worse from the outside looking in. Why was it worse? When you have the NY media painting a picture of inaccurate reports.

  18. #98

    If you know what you say

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Baltimore is a consistent winner, year in and year out. Texans only got good once Wade Phillips was hired, JJ Watt was drafted, and Arian Foster became a star. The Bungels have actually, you know, made the playoffs the last two years with a young QB-WR Tandem.

    You're a ****ing idiot if you can't see a difference between those teams and ours.
    Whatch the name calling, buddy.You don't even have a clue about what you said in your own post.Big deal two championship losses for Rex Doesn't mean anything.Thats what you said. My response was that according to YOUR STANDARD that you stated in your own post The Ravens and Texans, and the Bengals HC should be considered failures also.Idiots are people who can't understand what other people are saying. You can't even understand what you say

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, I can't be upset with Rex because he failed? lol, ok.

    Dumbass.
    lol ya Im the dumbass who thinks its Rex fault for Marky taking two nose dives after average 1st two years.. Or for extending the worst qb in the league.. I was upset with rex too when he kept sending that POS out there. then I saw Mcelroy play a full game, hes 10x smarter than mark but has a cap gun arm.

    I know some of you, SAR for sure.. will refuse to admit/believe Sanchez is to blame for the Jets losing, therfore want to deflect the blame to Rex.. No not MT he was great lol..

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A bit odd how once Phillips came on board they suddenly got better. I'm willing to bet his coaching of the defense had something to do with it.

    This Bengals team is young and, seemingly, on the upswing. Unless they take a nose dive like we did, I can't find reason to get rid of Lewis.

    No, YOU'RE a towel.
    Ah so lemme get this straight. When they finally got a RIGHT COORDINATOR, they were good!?

    So how is that any different from Rex finding the RIGHT COORDINATOR for the offense?

    Sorry I had to spell it out for you, you obviously didn't get my point in the other post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us