Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 334

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

  1. #141
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan's first two years were wonderful and surprising. No argument.

    Rex Ryan's first two playoff trips were wonderful and surprising. No arugment.

    But we are now in Year 3 of the post-postseason Rex Ryan Era. The era that Rex Ryan has built himself. All the players, all the coaches, all the plays, the whole enchelada.

    And we suck.

    Don't give us history lessons. Look at it from the moment we lost all the Mangini Era players, going into the '11 season, Rex feeling all-powerful and he gets rid of everyone, put his 'stamp' on the team. Every player hand-selected. From that defining moment we are horrible. And that's all on Rex Ryan.

    SAR I
    There's a reason why John Harbaugh got the job over Rex.

    Look at Baltimore over the time since Billick's firing!

    Rex was "passed over" for that job in his mind, too.

    When it's clear: He's a great defensive coordinator, probably the best in the NFL, but he's not a head coach.

  2. #142
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini, 3 and out, Ryan 4 and out sounds like the O. That's not how the NFL works, consistency is what works unless you catch lightening in a bottle.

  3. #143
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Whatch the name calling, buddy.You don't even have a clue about what you said in your own post.Big deal two championship losses for Rex Doesn't mean anything.Thats what you said. My response was that according to YOUR STANDARD that you stated in your own post The Ravens and Texans, and the Bengals HC should be considered failures also.Idiots are people who can't understand what other people are saying. You can't even understand what you say
    You've got it backwards, bro.

    It's no longer about us telling you why Rex Ryan sucks. That ship has sailed. That's now a given.

    It's now your job to tell us why Rex Ryan is good. Go for it. Give us 10 reasons why Rex Ryan is a great coach. Here, here's a blank page, fill it in:

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    The onus is on you to convince us now, not the other way around.

    Savvy?

    SAR I

  4. #144
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    Don't give us history lessons. Look at it from the moment we lost all the Mangini Era players, going into the '11 season, Rex feeling all-powerful and he gets rid of everyone, put his 'stamp' on the team. Every player hand-selected. From that defining moment we are horrible. And that's all on Rex Ryan.

    SAR I
    I know all the players Rex kept from Mangini and which ones -- and when/why -- he let them go. Tell me which ones made an ounce of impact in the league since leaving the Jets.

  5. #145
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

    I know some of you, SAR for sure.. will refuse to admit/believe Sanchez is to blame for the Jets losing, therfore want to deflect the blame to Rex.. No not MT he was great lol..
    We're beyond the issue of Mark Sanchez. That means nothing right now. He was always only 10% of our problem. He's only 5% now.

    We have colossal issues in the front office, with the owner, with the head coach, with the lack of a coaching staff, unable to hire a quality GM, no free agents wanting to come here, established veterans wanting out, the gap between us and the Patriots now a chasm, can't even dream of catching the Colts or Bengals for a measly wildcard.

    SAR I

  6. #146
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, you know damn well there aren't 10 reasons why Wrecks is a good HC. Shame on you.

  7. #147
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So, which GM candidates have withdrawn their name from consideration because of Rex?
    As the days go by and they sign with other teams you'll see.

    SAR I

  8. #148
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not going to slam you. As a matter of fact, I apologize for insulting you before.

    If Rex has somehow learned his lesson and has had a revelation, fine. But, I seriously doubt that to be the case.
    Rex Ryan is a pathological liar.

    Play back Tuesday's press conference. Play back last January's press conference. Play back his introductory press conference.

    It's all the same stuff. He thinks we're a bunch of idiots. Unfortunately, Mr. Blue Collar Tattoo Beer Guzzling Bad Vocabulary Jets Fan loves the guy, they can relate to him because they share a common trait- stupidity.

    SAR I

  9. #149
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    There's a reason why John Harbaugh got the job over Rex.

    Look at Baltimore over the time since Billick's firing!

    Rex was "passed over" for that job in his mind, too.

    When it's clear: He's a great defensive coordinator, probably the best in the NFL, but he's not a head coach.
    Since Billick is gone, the Ravens have just as many rings as Rex. ZIP. And it's not happening this year. They're just bridesmaids now

  10. #150
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's a ridiculous conclusion and one that has become an unacceptable cliche around here.

    You look at all 4 years and you see this:

    9-7
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10

    If you took a high-school business class that tells you that we are a team that rose, peaked, and is now collapsing.

    Here's all that matters when it comes to Rex Ryan's Coaching Record:

    At the end of October 2011 we were on an 18-9 run with 5 wins against elite teams.

    Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 including an unfathomable 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

    18-9 turns into 9-15. It's practically symmetrical. The moment of "good" going to the moment of "suck". And 1 measly win in 12 tries against winning teams? Rookie Andrew Luck had an off-day and that's our claim to fame?

    It's not about this stupid idea "its our first losing season" or this other stupid idea "we need consistency at the HC position". It's all about how we are absolutely headed in the wrong direction and it's because the more Rex Ryan puts his "stamp" on the team the worse we get.

    SAR I
    using that logic, how would you define herm and mangini's up and down tenures? seems like the jets were in the playoffs every other year during both. thats just one example that shows your logic is flawed. nfl is way too difficult to predict...

  11. #151
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with OP - I think the silent majority still believes in Rex.

    I just wish you had a poll on this so we could see the numbers.

  12. #152
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As the days go by and they sign with other teams you'll see.

    SAR I
    that's your answer? haha. I understand you're anti-everything Rex, but stop reaching just to try to push your opinions on us. If it's not there, don't force it, stay away from the topic.

    You always talk how successful you are, so how is doing due diligence here a bad thing? The Jets have looked at many candidates, even ones that aren't buzz names. Any smart business person will tell you this is the correct way to handle it.

  13. #153
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I disagree with you, respectfully,though, my Jet Friend.If Ryan had Matt Moore,or Kirk Cousins,and stuck with Sanchez,then i'd be all over him,but he didn't.This season boiled down to a QB, who could not hold onto the football, and couldn't make plays when plays were there to be made.The play of our QB,was completely responsible for 3-5 looses this year.You might not care for Rex, But you can't blame him for buttfumble turnovers that happened throughout the course of the season.Thats not bad coaching, yhats a really bad QB, that has no clue how to protect the football
    We are 1-11 against teams with a winning record in our last 12 tries because of our defense. We get blown out of these games, not even close most times.

    I'm assuming you're under the age of 30 and don't realize that the Jets had a very strong core for the last 15 years, so replacing the QB fixed a lot of problems.

    O'Donnell out Testaverde in, instant success.
    Testaverde out Pennington in, instant success.
    Pennington out Favre in, instant success.
    Favre out Sanchez in, instant success.

    It's been a nice 15 years doing that to fix problems because we always had a good running game, always had a decent defense, always had playmakers. Those days are over. It's not on the QB anymore. It's on everything.

    SAR I

  14. #154
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is a pathological liar.

    Play back Tuesday's press conference. Play back last January's press conference. Play back his introductory press conference.

    It's all the same stuff. He thinks we're a bunch of idiots. Unfortunately, Mr. Blue Collar Tattoo Beer Guzzling Bad Vocabulary Jets Fan loves the guy, they can relate to him because they share a common trait- stupidity.

    SAR I
    That's why I'm cautious when it comes to people telling me, "But, dude, he said he realizes that he was to blame! Dude, he said he wants an attacking offense!", and all those sort of things. At this point, I've come to realize that Rex may KNOW his methods aren't working, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to just do them anyway.

    Rex Ryan is insanity incarnate.

  15. #155
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I agree with OP - I think the silent majority still believes in Rex.

    I just wish you had a poll on this so we could see the numbers.
    Must be the real David Harris because that's clearly the 10.9 million 2013 Salary talking.

    On the Rex stuff, I can't believe how worked up everyone is on this. Their is enough justification to fire him, and enough to keep him. Right now the issue of whether he should coach the Jets in 2013 is minor compared to hiring a GM and getting an OC that can put together a scheme that scores more for the Jets than for the other team.

  16. #156
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Did Rex also write up the those top-heavy contracts to those 11 or so players which absolutely crippled the ability to sign quality depth? No, he did not. That was the former accountant.
    Mike Tannenbaum's supposed cap "disasters" never occurred. That was what was so great about him. Every few seasons we'd hear about the Mayan Apocalypse that was going to cripple us. Then we'd sign a bunch of free agents. Then we had no cap issues. Was like magic.

    I am more concerned about the players that Rex chose than the money they make. Like your voodoo leader himself said "We are not going to let contracts or money stand in the way of choosing the best talent."

    Oops.

    SAR I

  17. #157
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    Do you and Greeney go to the same tanning salon and chat this stuff over? You sound just like him. Ok, we shall see what happens going forward. I certainly believe changes should be made, but I dont swallow in NY-media pessimism like most other typical NY fans, and I have been known to be right many times about the Jets doing better than was expected. The NFL is so unpredictable, its just grabage to assume anybody can say "we will be this or that next year." Sanchez had a terrible year on a terrible football team. With a good team around him, we are a legit contender. Hes never going to be Brady or Manning who makes others around him better - that is a diamond in the rough....if we "blow it up", good luck finding somebody as good or better than Sanchez - one can hope, but theres no sure thing.
    No, and I don't listen to that station either.

    Gee, could it be that he's about my age and has been a Jets fan as long as I have been and, you know, can see clearly?

    I don't know who you are or where you came from to suddenly have this presence on JI, but start listening to what others are saying, get out of your bubble.

    I like Mark Sanchez too, bro. I think he got a bum deal, I think he had no playmakers, I think that given the right situation he can get a lot better. But as long as Rex Ryan is here there's no point.

    SAR I

  18. #158
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm still on board with Rex however I do find him to be very bizarre.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    He IS bizarre.

    It's the Jets, man. WE are bizarre as well. Look at this board. Look to the left. Now look to the right.

    Just look at us. We're a bunch of freaking weirdos. If we weren't, we'd be Giants fans.


    Sent from a phone using an app

  19. #159
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    id agree thats probably likely, because they could pick their coach then, but im still an advocate of keeping Rex at least another year and how Woody handled it. I just dont see a greater alternative right now.
    There may be no "big names" out there right now, but when a GM comes in first and then a month later chooses his HC they are air-tight, they are boyfriend and girlfriend, they are on the same page.

    The situation we have set ourselves up for never works in the NFL. The way this plays out is what you've heard on the radio and in the papers that you think is just "hype".

    Rex will get fired a year from now, the GM will pick a new HC, the new HC will pick new coordinators, the rebuilding will begin.

    And our offense gets worse. That's the biggest damage of all in our scenario. No QB or offense can deal with 4 offensive coordinators in 5 years. I don't think that's ever happened in the history of the NFL.

    SAR I

  20. #160
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    Welcome to reality. Welcome to the NFL.
    Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

    Often, it's better to type nothing than to type stupid.

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us