Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 334

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

  1. #181
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We're beyond the issue of Mark Sanchez. That means nothing right now. He was always only 10% of our problem. He's only 5% now.

    We have colossal issues in the front office, with the owner, with the head coach, with the lack of a coaching staff, unable to hire a quality GM, no free agents wanting to come here, established veterans wanting out, the gap between us and the Patriots now a chasm, can't even dream of catching the Colts or Bengals for a measly wildcard.

    SAR I
    hahaha only 5%???? Just when I thought you couldnt say anything more stupid, you pull this shocker.. Dont make me dig up your posts from all season of you defending Marky even when he was averaging 4 picks/fumbles a game.

    When Mark wasnt terrible, but still not very good, we made it to AFCCG games twice. Last year he was near bottom of the leauge, we went 8-8. This year he was the worst qb in the league and we went 6-10. Notice the trend? Look at the difference Peyton manning has made with the exact same Denver team - HUGE difference..Look at the difference this year redskins,seahawks, Colts, compare their year last year. Every year including this year, teams that make the playoffs have good qbs. You can say SF doesnt have a great qb, but 2 of their qbs are easily better than sanchez. I know your a little slow but its a quarterback league.. You cant have a good offense if your qb is turning the ball over twice as much as he is throwing a TD. Its impossible! I dont see how any qb can play worse than Sanchez did this year so Jets should atleast be 8-8 with any one else. Funny though before woody realized what a terrible gm MT was he poisioned the Jets with Sanchez 1 more year for no reason and without a suitable backup, and little cap space to do much else. The only thing that is keeping this team from being a 2 win team is Rex's D.

  2. #182
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Hello everyone, I know I don't post as often as I used to (or like for that matter), but I find it important to start this thread considering the amount of changes in line.

    In order to appreciate this 'point of view', we all must be on the same level. So here it is: WOODY WANTS THE NEW YORK SUPERBOWL.

    That's it. Clean cut. Black and White. Clear as day.

    Now. Usually, when an owner fires a GM it means a new GM will comes in and CLEAN HOUSE. I agree with that philosophy, as do most other people because frankly, it's the best way to do things; especially if you're targeting a valued GM- one who would WANT to sign a new coaching staff and call it his.. It works that way with everything, not just professional sports; Anytime someone is asked to be the "boss" they want to surround themselves with people they know and trust- not too many people want to step into a situation where they "have to get along" with everyone.

    So based on this decision by Woody- we can honestly say "This is the wrong move."

    Woody has fired the GM and OC (and others), but insists he wants Rex as the HC.. this RARELY works.. Most would say you need to either FIRE EVERYONE or KEEP EVERYONE (well, maybe not Sparano).

    The reason behind this is because Woody wants a New York Superbowl.

    If he were to CLEAN HOUSE- then there would be an even less chance of making the Superbowl in 2014. A rebuilding stage is OBSOLETE for this franchise, especially this year.

    Rex is keeping his job because:

    1) Say what you will, but he IS one of the best defensive minds in all of football and that's really NEVER going to change. Ever.

    2) His first two seasons they were 30mins away from the Superbowl.

    3) He didn't clean house when he showed up.

    Rex' biggest attribute and ironically, his Achilles heal is his LOYALTY AND TRUST. His style is like no other. He coaches people up- that's who he is.. He CREATED people like Bart Scott because he tells people that he believes in them. He's extremely confident in that approach and it's the reason why he picks people up like AARON MAYBIN & Santonio Holmes & Braylon Edwards- bc when everyone else doesn't believe in you, he has a way of getting the best out of you.

    This is the sole reason why he stayed with Sanchez for so long; TRUST... He cannot let Mark know that he doesn't believe in him anymore.. Now, there could be a lot more to it than just that (concerning Mark) because he is the franchise QB drafted #5 overall who is making 8M per year. That has a lot to do with it also- if you were to bench him, his trade value will drop; that's a bad combination when your QB is the highest paid player on the team. Sanchez is forced to be QB so that he can audition for other teams.


    When Rex was hired 4 years ago He did NOT clean house... which is what most HC's would have done... He kept Brian Schottenheimer and Mike Westoff and pretty much instilled a perennial, aggressive LOUD MOUTH Defense-- We had a nice offense at the time- the line had probowlers, our fullback was incredible, LT was out to prove something-- Our lights out defense combined with our marginal offense and good STs is why we ever stood a chance... last year the defense was stellar- but the offense and ST sucked... not to mention losing our best player on defense and our best player on offense didn't help.

    I know a lot of you will say: "Mangini left Rex all that nice talent." Well, maybe that's true- however the defense was not nearly as good until Rex kicked the door in... & btw, most would've assumed Rex would draft a defensive player as his first duty, but they didn't.. they took a QB. That's how confident they were in Rex's defensive coaching.

    Not to mention, the people Rex has drafted are turning out pretty damn good... A lot of us liked John Connor a lot, it's too bad he's gone he couldn't stay healthy... Shonn Greene is still our #1- a lot of you don't like him, but he led the nation in rushing yards in Iowa and he flat out runs people over- he is a ground and pound back.. Quinton Coples is the real deal and so is Mo Wilkerson- that's all Rex... So is Kyle Wilson- I know a lot of you hate him, but hey the Jets didn't allow ONE 100-yard receiver all year- it's taking Wilson some time, but I think he's a solid as could be for a nickle-back... Also, bringing in our two Safeties was huge- we now have two of the hardest hitting DBs in football.

    Rex reminds me of Parcells- A ground and pound, with great defense-- where these two men separate is "cut throat." Rex' style is to believe in his players and coach them up// Parcells was not like that at all- in fact he would often coach people down.. but, he didn't want to be your friend; he instilled a locker room that knew "They'll always be someone behind you ready to step up and take your job."<<< this is the biggest weakness of Rex'... that he's not 'cut throat.'.... but can you really blame him? his style has worked more times than not- it's just a shame our QB couldn't handle it.

    So that's it- my two cents.. I strictly believe Rex gives us the best chance to win IN 2014.
    Excellent Post.:

  3. #183
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is all show and little substance. He's made and continues to make about every mistake you can as a HC. His poor judgement also reflects in his personal life shenanigans, which make him as well as the organization he represents look like buffoons.

  4. #184
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Hello everyone, I know I don't post as often as I used to (or like for that matter), but I find it important to start this thread considering the amount of changes in line.

    In order to appreciate this 'point of view', we all must be on the same level. So here it is: WOODY WANTS THE NEW YORK SUPERBOWL.

    That's it. Clean cut. Black and White. Clear as day.

    Now. Usually, when an owner fires a GM it means a new GM will comes in and CLEAN HOUSE. I agree with that philosophy, as do most other people because frankly, it's the best way to do things; especially if you're targeting a valued GM- one who would WANT to sign a new coaching staff and call it his.. It works that way with everything, not just professional sports; Anytime someone is asked to be the "boss" they want to surround themselves with people they know and trust- not too many people want to step into a situation where they "have to get along" with everyone.

    So based on this decision by Woody- we can honestly say "This is the wrong move."

    Woody has fired the GM and OC (and others), but insists he wants Rex as the HC.. this RARELY works.. Most would say you need to either FIRE EVERYONE or KEEP EVERYONE (well, maybe not Sparano).

    The reason behind this is because Woody wants a New York Superbowl.

    If he were to CLEAN HOUSE- then there would be an even less chance of making the Superbowl in 2014. A rebuilding stage is OBSOLETE for this franchise, especially this year.

    Rex is keeping his job because:

    1) Say what you will, but he IS one of the best defensive minds in all of football and that's really NEVER going to change. Ever.

    2) His first two seasons they were 30mins away from the Superbowl.

    3) He didn't clean house when he showed up.

    Rex' biggest attribute and ironically, his Achilles heal is his LOYALTY AND TRUST. His style is like no other. He coaches people up- that's who he is.. He CREATED people like Bart Scott because he tells people that he believes in them. He's extremely confident in that approach and it's the reason why he picks people up like AARON MAYBIN & Santonio Holmes & Braylon Edwards- bc when everyone else doesn't believe in you, he has a way of getting the best out of you.

    This is the sole reason why he stayed with Sanchez for so long; TRUST... He cannot let Mark know that he doesn't believe in him anymore.. Now, there could be a lot more to it than just that (concerning Mark) because he is the franchise QB drafted #5 overall who is making 8M per year. That has a lot to do with it also- if you were to bench him, his trade value will drop; that's a bad combination when your QB is the highest paid player on the team. Sanchez is forced to be QB so that he can audition for other teams.


    When Rex was hired 4 years ago He did NOT clean house... which is what most HC's would have done... He kept Brian Schottenheimer and Mike Westoff and pretty much instilled a perennial, aggressive LOUD MOUTH Defense-- We had a nice offense at the time- the line had probowlers, our fullback was incredible, LT was out to prove something-- Our lights out defense combined with our marginal offense and good STs is why we ever stood a chance... last year the defense was stellar- but the offense and ST sucked... not to mention losing our best player on defense and our best player on offense didn't help.

    I know a lot of you will say: "Mangini left Rex all that nice talent." Well, maybe that's true- however the defense was not nearly as good until Rex kicked the door in... & btw, most would've assumed Rex would draft a defensive player as his first duty, but they didn't.. they took a QB. That's how confident they were in Rex's defensive coaching.

    Not to mention, the people Rex has drafted are turning out pretty damn good... A lot of us liked John Connor a lot, it's too bad he's gone he couldn't stay healthy... Shonn Greene is still our #1- a lot of you don't like him, but he led the nation in rushing yards in Iowa and he flat out runs people over- he is a ground and pound back.. Quinton Coples is the real deal and so is Mo Wilkerson- that's all Rex... So is Kyle Wilson- I know a lot of you hate him, but hey the Jets didn't allow ONE 100-yard receiver all year- it's taking Wilson some time, but I think he's a solid as could be for a nickle-back... Also, bringing in our two Safeties was huge- we now have two of the hardest hitting DBs in football.

    Rex reminds me of Parcells- A ground and pound, with great defense-- where these two men separate is "cut throat." Rex' style is to believe in his players and coach them up// Parcells was not like that at all- in fact he would often coach people down.. but, he didn't want to be your friend; he instilled a locker room that knew "They'll always be someone behind you ready to step up and take your job."<<< this is the biggest weakness of Rex'... that he's not 'cut throat.'.... but can you really blame him? his style has worked more times than not- it's just a shame our QB couldn't handle it.

    So that's it- my two cents.. I strictly believe Rex gives us the best chance to win IN 2014.
    Well said and I agree 100%.

  5. #185
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Rex is all show and little substance. He's made and continues to make about every mistake you can as a HC. His poor judgement also reflects in his personal life shenanigans, which make him as well as the organization he represents look like buffoons.
    That's BS. In 4 years as HC, 2 playoff runs & only 1 losing season. He deserves another year at least. We can't keep changing coaches every 3 or 4 years.

  6. #186
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, Rex is not HC material and should have stayed a DC for the duration of his career. His flaws and weaknesses have been well documented, and in my opinion, he had a very large hand in shaping the roster alongside of Tannenbaum and leading the team to its current state.

    The bottom line ... Rex has grounded and pounded this team into the bottom of the league. His philosophy is outdated and his conduct as the face of the franchise is unprofessional. The sooner he is replaced, the sooner the Jets can build toward becoming a contending team again.

  7. #187
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you not watch the games as much as you used to as well?

    Woody wants a NY SB. Got it.

  8. #188
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    2) His first two seasons they were 30mins away from the Superbowl.
    This euphemism needs to be used more often. How many minutes away from the Super Bowl were the Jets in 2011 and 2012?

    The facts are the more influence Rex has had on the team the worse it has become in almost every way.

  9. #189
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Woody wants a Super Bowl next season. Here is the problem, Woody needs someone to be honest with him.

    Tanny was fired because 2012. In reality, Tanny should have fired for the state of the team going into 2013.

    Right now Rex is telling Woody that the team is going to attack and compete, blah, blah, blah.

    What he should be telling Woody that the cap situation is so bad, we are probably going to set an NFL record for most undrafted free agents on a roster.

    The following are Free Agents
    Greene
    Slauson
    Moore
    Howard (Restricted)
    Keller
    Edwards
    Schilens
    Cumberland (RFA)

    So that is our starting RB, 3 OL starters, top 2 TEs, and 2vet WRs.

    Now our D:
    DeVito
    Thomas
    Mauga (RFA)
    Bell
    Landry

    So that's 10 starters and we have the worst cap situation in the league.

    Oh and we are replacing all 3 coordinators. I know, we promoted from within. Great, our STs were the worst I have seen since Kotite was here. Good call.

    Even by cutting Pace, Both Smiths, Scott, and Pouha we will only have around $15M to sign our draft class and replace all of these roster spots.

    I didn't even mention Folk.

    Anyone telling Woody we have a shot at winning anything next year is lying to the man's face.

    So now Woody is looking at hiring a GM who if its not Cohen will still not be the best candidate. If its Cohen, then he is going to alienate a good majority of the fan base.

    I honestly think we will compete for the #1 pick next year. Tom Brady couldn't help the 2013 Jets.

    Woody should have made a clean sweep and then kept his mouth Shut during the interviews.

    wake up Jet fans, it's 1995 all over again.
    Last edited by pcola; 01-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.

  10. #190
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm still on board with Rex however I do find him to be very bizarre.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    And there you have it. Smoke em if you got em/ end thread

  11. #191
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus Christ, dudes, quit making all of these threads 25 pages long! I hardly have time to read all the pages I missed so that I can respond. It's already affecting McGinley's confidence - He thinks Demos and I are gone, when it's just that we're getting buried in JI paperwork LOLOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    After this week? No. I think he wants Rex Ryan to like him. Thats what I think.

    Pure and simple.
    -
    This is it exactly - pure and simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Woody WANTS to win a Superbowl, but he doesn't know football so how can he possibly know if Rex is the guy that can do so? Rex has fooled Woody into thinking he's some genius with all his bombastic swagger and smooth talk. Rex promises things to us every damn year and he has FAILED to do so. And now he's getting a pass after failing for 4 years? WHAT!?

    > Promise things for 4 years
    > Fail every single year
    > Get vote of confidence from Owner, have him think you're a genius
    I know you hate it when I agree with you, McG, but you're spot on right here. Rex = empty promises

  12. #192
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Hello everyone, I know I don't post as often as I used to (or like for that matter), but I find it important to start this thread considering the amount of changes in line.

    In order to appreciate this 'point of view', we all must be on the same level. So here it is: WOODY WANTS THE NEW YORK SUPERBOWL.

    That's it. Clean cut. Black and White. Clear as day.

    Now. Usually, when an owner fires a GM it means a new GM will comes in and CLEAN HOUSE. I agree with that philosophy, as do most other people because frankly, it's the best way to do things; especially if you're targeting a valued GM- one who would WANT to sign a new coaching staff and call it his.. It works that way with everything, not just professional sports; Anytime someone is asked to be the "boss" they want to surround themselves with people they know and trust- not too many people want to step into a situation where they "have to get along" with everyone.

    So based on this decision by Woody- we can honestly say "This is the wrong move."

    Woody has fired the GM and OC (and others), but insists he wants Rex as the HC.. this RARELY works.. Most would say you need to either FIRE EVERYONE or KEEP EVERYONE (well, maybe not Sparano).

    The reason behind this is because Woody wants a New York Superbowl.

    If he were to CLEAN HOUSE- then there would be an even less chance of making the Superbowl in 2014. A rebuilding stage is OBSOLETE for this franchise, especially this year.

    Rex is keeping his job because:

    1) Say what you will, but he IS one of the best defensive minds in all of football and that's really NEVER going to change. Ever.

    2) His first two seasons they were 30mins away from the Superbowl.

    3) He didn't clean house when he showed up.

    Rex' biggest attribute and ironically, his Achilles heal is his LOYALTY AND TRUST. His style is like no other. He coaches people up- that's who he is.. He CREATED people like Bart Scott because he tells people that he believes in them. He's extremely confident in that approach and it's the reason why he picks people up like AARON MAYBIN & Santonio Holmes & Braylon Edwards- bc when everyone else doesn't believe in you, he has a way of getting the best out of you.

    This is the sole reason why he stayed with Sanchez for so long; TRUST... He cannot let Mark know that he doesn't believe in him anymore.. Now, there could be a lot more to it than just that (concerning Mark) because he is the franchise QB drafted #5 overall who is making 8M per year. That has a lot to do with it also- if you were to bench him, his trade value will drop; that's a bad combination when your QB is the highest paid player on the team. Sanchez is forced to be QB so that he can audition for other teams.


    When Rex was hired 4 years ago He did NOT clean house... which is what most HC's would have done... He kept Brian Schottenheimer and Mike Westoff and pretty much instilled a perennial, aggressive LOUD MOUTH Defense-- We had a nice offense at the time- the line had probowlers, our fullback was incredible, LT was out to prove something-- Our lights out defense combined with our marginal offense and good STs is why we ever stood a chance... last year the defense was stellar- but the offense and ST sucked... not to mention losing our best player on defense and our best player on offense didn't help.

    I know a lot of you will say: "Mangini left Rex all that nice talent." Well, maybe that's true- however the defense was not nearly as good until Rex kicked the door in... & btw, most would've assumed Rex would draft a defensive player as his first duty, but they didn't.. they took a QB. That's how confident they were in Rex's defensive coaching.

    Not to mention, the people Rex has drafted are turning out pretty damn good... A lot of us liked John Connor a lot, it's too bad he's gone he couldn't stay healthy... Shonn Greene is still our #1- a lot of you don't like him, but he led the nation in rushing yards in Iowa and he flat out runs people over- he is a ground and pound back.. Quinton Coples is the real deal and so is Mo Wilkerson- that's all Rex... So is Kyle Wilson- I know a lot of you hate him, but hey the Jets didn't allow ONE 100-yard receiver all year- it's taking Wilson some time, but I think he's a solid as could be for a nickle-back... Also, bringing in our two Safeties was huge- we now have two of the hardest hitting DBs in football.

    Rex reminds me of Parcells- A ground and pound, with great defense-- where these two men separate is "cut throat." Rex' style is to believe in his players and coach them up// Parcells was not like that at all- in fact he would often coach people down.. but, he didn't want to be your friend; he instilled a locker room that knew "They'll always be someone behind you ready to step up and take your job."<<< this is the biggest weakness of Rex'... that he's not 'cut throat.'.... but can you really blame him? his style has worked more times than not- it's just a shame our QB couldn't handle it.

    So that's it- my two cents.. I strictly believe Rex gives us the best chance to win IN 2014.
    Agreed.

  13. #193
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Yeah because all his posts are .gifs or stupid 18 year old " Yoiz kiddin me DoE" horrible Internet talk. When the kid tries to make serious posts, he embarrasses himself.
    I blame that on his coaching staff. You guys have got to get better at evaluating internet talent!

  14. #194
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Do you know that NO ONE EVER (that's in the history of football) EVER went to the Superbowl as a Rookie HC??? he almost went in his first two years and had a rookie QB with the same personnel as the HC who proceeded him.. You can't say that's not impressive.
    Don McCafferty Super Bowl V...he won it

    George Seifert Super Bowl XXIV..he won it

    Jim Caldwell Super Bowl XLIV...he lost it

    in the history of football, there have been other rookie head coaches to win the NFL title but that's pre -Super Bowl

  15. #195
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Don McCafferty Super Bowl V...he won it

    George Seifert Super Bowl XXIV..he won it

    Jim Caldwell Super Bowl XLIV...he lost it

    in the history of football, there have been other rookie head coaches to win the NFL title but that's pre -Super Bowl
    Barry Switzer. Although he was a college HC.

  16. #196
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still believe in Rex's potential.

    But at this point, four years in, he's on his final year with me.

    A Deep Playoff Run in 2013, or I'll be a part of the chorus wishing him gone.

    Or....

    If he starts Mark Sanchez week 1 in 2013, I may get a head start.

  17. #197
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I still believe in Rex's potential.

    But at this point, four years in, he's on his final year with me.

    A Deep Playoff Run in 2013, or I'll be a part of the chorus wishing him gone.

    Or....

    If he starts Mark Sanchez week 1 in 2013, I may get a head start.
    I think Rex remarks about building a team nobody wants to play will be his evaluation mantra. They better draft some real nasty players.

  18. #198
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    hahaha only 5%???? Just when I thought you couldnt say anything more stupid, you pull this shocker.. Dont make me dig up your posts from all season of you defending Marky even when he was averaging 4 picks/fumbles a game.

    When Mark wasnt terrible, but still not very good, we made it to AFCCG games twice. Last year he was near bottom of the leauge, we went 8-8. This year he was the worst qb in the league and we went 6-10. Notice the trend? Look at the difference Peyton manning has made with the exact same Denver team - HUGE difference..Look at the difference this year redskins,seahawks, Colts, compare their year last year. Every year including this year, teams that make the playoffs have good qbs. You can say SF doesnt have a great qb, but 2 of their qbs are easily better than sanchez. I know your a little slow but its a quarterback league.. You cant have a good offense if your qb is turning the ball over twice as much as he is throwing a TD. Its impossible! I dont see how any qb can play worse than Sanchez did this year so Jets should atleast be 8-8 with any one else. Funny though before woody realized what a terrible gm MT was he poisioned the Jets with Sanchez 1 more year for no reason and without a suitable backup, and little cap space to do much else. The only thing that is keeping this team from being a 2 win team is Rex's D.
    Here we go again. Comparing any quarterback to Peyton Manning is ridiculous. "Look at Peyton Manning and what he did to Denver! See, it's the quarterback!"

    Duh, really?

    Mark Sanchez played very well his first two years, had success, was on his way to developing into a very nice second-tier NFL QB.

    And then his head coach decided to take all the money and all the draft picks and dump it on his beloved defense. Because, as we fully well know, that's what defensive coordinators with a penchant for bad decision-making do. They indulge themselves with what they know instead of challeging themselves on what they don't.

    Rex even said it himself. "I need to put my prints on the entire team" is code for "Oops, I forgot Mark needed receivers and a running game and an offensive line and an offensive coordinator and didn't need a celebrity looking over his shoulder every day."

    Memo. Get it.

    SAR I

  19. #199
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here we go again. Comparing any quarterback to Peyton Manning is ridiculous. "Look at Peyton Manning and what he did to Denver! See, it's the quarterback!"

    Duh, really?

    Mark Sanchez played very well his first two years, had success, was on his way to developing into a very nice second-tier NFL QB.

    And then his head coach decided to take all the money and all the draft picks and dump it on his beloved defense. Because, as we fully well know, that's what defensive coordinators with a penchant for bad decision-making do. They indulge themselves with what they know instead of challeging themselves on what they don't.

    Rex even said it himself. "I need to put my prints on the entire team" is code for "Oops, I forgot Mark needed receivers and a running game and an offensive line and an offensive coordinator and didn't need a celebrity looking over his shoulder every day."

    Memo. Get it.

    SAR I
    We agree on some things, disagree on others, and for the most part when we disagree, I can respect your point of view. But, you always lose me here. I was, up until this season unfolded, hopeful Sanchez would develop into a second tier QB, but to say Mark Sanchez played very well his first two years, is IMO delusional. He played well in the 4th quarter in a stretch of games in his second year where he led a number of comebacks. He did NOT "play very well in his first two years".

  20. #200
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,420
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Barry Switzer. Although he was a college HC.
    and Barry inherited a team only Norv Turner could not take to the super bowl

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us