Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

I would also like to lay down some ground rules for our debate:

1) Anything that Rex does off the field is not included in this debate. I've gone through this ad nauseum. His personal life has NOTHING to do with his coaching prowess. No personal attacks on Rex Ryan. It's immature and as Sooth already posted, he doesn't want it on his board.
    I never post on Rex's personal life except to point out the most important flaw in him- awful decision-making. It's not that he's got tattoos, gets drunk in public, flips the bird at fans, attends WWF events, plays dress-up, has a potty-mouth, made a fetish video, sniffs toes, is into swinging, and likes to play the cuckhold; it's that he is a famous person doing these things publicly to the detriment of his team.

2) No personal attacks on me either. I respect you, SAR. I very much enjoyed meeting you and your family some time ago. I don't want our respect for each other to change. This is simply a debate for which I will never change your mind and you will never change mine.
    I never personally attack anyone, ever. Others do it to me.

If you can live by those rules, then fine. We'll debate this for a while. But eventually I will get tired of responding to the nonsense you are posting and the debate will be over.
    Debate? Who said anything about a debate? What's the point of a debate when the outcome is already obvious? Is this a trick question?

And just remember, in the end, no matter what the outcome of our debate, Rex Ryan is STILL the HC of NYJ. Just the way I think it should be.
    Debate?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    All of the points you made, affected his effectiveness, no doubt,but there were so many times when he underthrew,or threw behind or in front of a receiver,too the point you lose count.Gates isn't much,but the two concussions were on throws that he had to reach back for,putting the receiver directly in harms way.
    I'm not saying he didn't make bad throws , all Qb's do. What we can't tell either live or via TV is where should the Wr have been. Sanchez could be throwing to a spot but the WR cut off his route making the throw look poor. So many times what appears an obvious mistake by a QB really isn't his fault. This year with a new offense, wr's basically claimed off the street I'd have to believe that this type of scenario played out more than we knew.

Just in case anyone did not get the message, Sar thinks Rex Ryan is a terrible coach and should be fired ASAP. This is not just his opinion, it is fact and not open for discussion or debate.

Can we end this thread now?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Just in case anyone did not get the message, Sar thinks Rex Ryan is a terrible coach and should be fired ASAP. This is not just his opinion, it is fact and not open for discussion or debate.

Can we end this thread now?
    Sure it's open for debate. The shoe is just on the other foot now.

For a year, many of us have been shouting "Rex Ryan lost the team after the debacle in Miami" only to be told we're disloyal idiots and forced to give examples as to why he sucked, then asked to name who his replacement would be.

Welcome to 2013. It's a new world now. After the last two seasons and all the circus acts and all the defections and all the turmoil it's plain to see that we were right, Rex Ryan is a joke, and last year was it. He's done. Finished.

So now, the Rex Ryan apologists are on the run. Now the Rex Ryan apologists are the disloyal idiots. Now the Rex Ryan apologists have to give examples of why he is good and then asked to name an NFL head coach who is worse.

Shoe, meet the other foot. It's going to be a fun offseason.

SAR I

Here are examples:

He won 6 games this season with the worst QB (it was not even close) in the entire NFL.

Rex got the Jets to two AFCCG's with a QB in the bottom 16 (and that's being generous) of the entire NFL.

Bad HC's do not out-smart and out-prepare BB and Brady. And Rex did. Rex's coaching and game-planning is the sole reason the Jets beat a more talented Patriot team in the playoffs.

The Jets were 9-1/2 point dogs. They were coming off a narrow playoff defeat of Indianapolis. They had the league's fourth-ranked rushing attack and a top-five defense that forced turnovers, produced sacks and kept opponents close. They also had a club that was hammered five weeks earlier in Foxborough, 45-3.

Now fast forward to Sunday. Houston has Arian Foster and the league's eighth-ranked running game. It has a reliable defense that forces turnovers, produces sacks and keeps opponents close. And, like New York two years before them, the Texans got smoked in Foxborough.

But the Jets pulled the upset, and pay attention, Houston.

They won with defense, flummoxing Brady by rushing three or four, blanketing his receivers and forcing him into atypical misfires and mistakes. In fact, Brady was so rattled he was outplayed by Mark Sanchez, who threw three touchdown passes and led the Jets to their second straight conference championship game.

"You work all week on one thing," a disappointed Wes Welker said afterward, "and then you get something different."

Huh? According to the Patriots' wide receiver, New England expected the Jets to do what they'd done before, which is play man-to-man coverage. Instead, they mixed their defenses, disguised coverages and threw in a lot of zone packages. Result: They confused Brady and sacked him five times.

"I think we got him frustrated," said cornerback Antonio Cromartie.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...at-to-rex-ryan

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Here are examples:

He won 6 games this season with the worst QB (it was not even close) in the entire NFL.

Rex got the Jets to two AFCCG's with a QB in the bottom 16 (and that's being generous) of the entire NFL.

Bad HC's do not out-smart and out-prepare BB and Brady. And Rex did. Rex's coaching and game-planning is the sole reason the Jets beat a more talented Patriot team in the playoffs.
    "Mark Sanchez, who threw three touchdown passes and led the Jets to their second straight conference championship game."

I almost don't need to elaborate on that, but I will.

Your stats tell you Mark Sanchez was "bottom 16" in 2009 and 2010, but the truth is he was a 22 year old kid thrown into the starting role from scratch. His first 10 games were very shaky, made his stats look awful, then he led us on a run where we won 16 of 20 games. The kid is a winner. The kid needs some playmakers restored to him. Mike Westhoff said the same thing today on the radio and he's got no reason to protect him anymore.

Let's look at the receiving starters for that divisional playoff win over the Patriots:

Jericho Cotchery (5 receptions 96 yards)
    Braylon Edwards (2 receptions 52 yards 1 TD)
    Santonio Holmes (3 receptions 20 yards 1 TD)
    Ladanian Tomlinson (1 receptions 1 TD)
    Dustin Keller (3 receptions 15 yards)

We had no one, not a single Jet, who is anywhere as good as anyone on this list except for Santonio Holmes for three weeks. For the rest of the season, we had a bunch of scrubs that wouldn't star on a high school team.

You can't do two things:

1. Overblame Mark Sanchez for our failures these last two years.
    2. Underblame the horrific defense for these last two years.

This is a thread about Rex Ryan suckage. Predictably, the Rex Ryan Apologists are steering it into yet another "blame Mark Sanchez!" pile of sh-t. They can't name 10 good things about Rex, so they twist the subject matter back to the quarterback because he's the easy scapegoat. Some of us aren't so gullible.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-11-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Here are examples:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...at-to-rex-ryan
    Of course they do, it's the NFL, anyone can surprise an opponent. But with BB and Brady, you rarely do it twice. Rex is 0-4 vs. Belichick since that game.

"Fool me once, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Mark Sanchez, who threw three touchdown passes and led the Jets to their second straight conference championship game."

Your stats tell you Mark Sanchez was "bottom 16" in 2009 and 2010, but the truth is he was a 22 year old kid thrown into the starting role from scratch. His first 10 games were very shaky, made his stats look awful, then he led us on a run where we won 16 of 20 games. The kid is a winner. The kid needs some playmakers restored to him. Mike Westhoff said the same thing today on the radio and he's got no reason to protect him anymore.

Let's look at the receiving starters for that divisional playoff win over the Patriots:

We had no one, not a single Jet, who is anywhere as good as anyone on this list except for Santonio Holmes for three weeks. For the rest of the season, we had a bunch of scrubs that wouldn't star on a high school team.

You can't do two things:

This is a thread about Rex Ryan suckage. Predictably, the Rex Ryan Apologists are steering it into yet another "blame Mark Sanchez!" pile of sh-t. They can't name 10 good things about Rex, so they twist the subject matter back to the quarterback because he's the easy scapegoat. Some of us aren't so gullible.

SAR I
    You are clueless. Please keep posting, they are hysterical.!!!

SAR wanted us to draft Leinart on the first round in '06. He also loves Sanchez, just humor him, he knows not what he posts.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    You are clueless. Please keep posting, they are hysterical.!!!
    You run a smear campaign about as effectively as Rex Ryan runs a football team.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You run a smear campaign about as effectively as Rex Ryan runs a football team.

SAR I
    Hey Sar,
    After the Seahawks win the whole thing, are you taking Carroll off your hall of shame? After all, its not his fault our owner at the time was suffering from dementia and preferred Kotite.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think Rex is the man and I love how he played the media with this tatoo thing. As someone here said, you don't want to be honest with reporters. You can shut them out like Mangenious, or entertain us. It makes no diffrence either way. Why does everyone hang on every word of pure BS. I want to see my team play and could care less what they say. That said, this season was a HUGE setback. We only need a reliable QB to set it back on track.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I think Rex is the man and I love how he played the media with this tatoo thing. As someone here said, you don't want to be honest with reporters. You can shut them out like Mangenious, or entertain us. It makes no diffrence either way. Why does everyone hang on every word of pure BS. I want to see my team play and could care less what they say. That said, this season was a HUGE setback. We only need a reliable QB to set it back on track.
    We need a lot more than a QB. We need a QB coach who can help correct the QB's mistakes. We need Receivers who can get separation and make a catch. We need a smash mouth running back. We need a line who can pass block.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    We need a lot more than a QB. We need a QB coach who can help correct the QB's mistakes. We need Receivers who can get separation and make a catch. We need a smash mouth running back. We need a line who can pass block.
    And a GM who can get us these things. BUT, if we DIDN'T have a TURNOVER MACHINE at QB things would have been a LOT different this year and last, AND even before.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And a GM who can get us these things. BUT, if we DIDN'T have a TURNOVER MACHINE at QB things would have been a LOT different this year and last, AND even before.
    Yep, we are a MESS

The only thing I can fault Rex for is for blindly sticking with Sanchez all season long when it was obvious he was regressing.

Year 1 & 2 we HAD to go ground & pound.

Year 3 we sat back and said "ok, it's Sanchez' 3rd year, lets give him some weapons, while we focus our attention on our aging defense".

Everyone makes it out to be Year 3 Sanchez had no one. He had Holmes, Tall redzone threat Burress, Keller, Kerley, LT etc.

But he still couldn't get it done.

Sanchez is the problem. It's not even a personnel problem. Screw the stats, if you watched the games you know his decision making was awful. His accuracy was god awful. Just look at any of his 7 picks between the Arizona and Tennessee games. I remember that overthrown pass to Cumberland at Tennessee specifically, or even the blindly thrown ball to Kerry Rhodes against Arizona.

And your telling me Rex and his defense is at fault for that? Idk man.

Like I said Rex's problem is that he stuck with Sanchez too long. That's about it. He's a very good HC.

We knew what we were getting when we brought in a rookie HC. He's learning as the years go on. We made this bed, now lets lay in it. Give this man a real, capable OC and let's see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    The only thing I can fault Rex for is for blindly sticking with Sanchez all season long when it was obvious he was regressing.

Year 3 we sat back and said "ok, it's Sanchez' 3rd year, lets give him some weapons, while we focus our attention on our aging defense".

Everyone makes it out to be Year 3 Sanchez had no one. He had Holmes, Tall redzone threat Burress, Keller, Kerley, LT etc.

Sanchez is the problem. It's not even a personnel problem. Screw the stats, if you watched the games you know his decision making was awful. His accuracy was god awful. Just look at any of his 7 picks between the Arizona and Tennessee games. I remember that overthrown pass to Cumberland at Tennessee specifically, or even the blindly thrown ball to Kerry Rhodes against Arizona.

Like I said Rex's problem is that he stuck with Sanchez too long. That's about it. He's a very good HC.

We knew what we were getting when we brought in a rookie HC. He's learning as the years go on. We made this bed, now lets lay in it. Give this man a real, capable OC and let's see what we can do.
    We need a quarterback with skill, maturity, good decision-making ability, and one who can LEAD!!! Would you get in the foxhole with Mark Sanchez? I wouldn't! It would also be nice to have a QB that shows some emotion in the PG press conferences and not one that gets through it with cliches and talking in the third person!!!
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 01-12-2013 at 09:02 AM.

You can't do two things:

SAR I
    lol Sar your mancrush on Sanchez is getting pathedic.. Its clear now why you lead the minority of morons who want rex out.. You just called mark Sanchez " a winner"!!!!??? lol... "he led us on a run" hahahaha man this is priceless stuff.. There is no need for any of us to even debate how bad of a qb mark sanchez is..Its now common knowledge..Except for you..I guess you cant go back and admit how wrong you are since you have been defending sanchez all season and predicted hes close to turning it around lol.. Its natural then for you to deflect blame off the worst qb in the league and put it on the coach..

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post

Year 3 Sanchez had a young and inexperienced Kerley, Plax who could not run a route to save his life , yes he was an effective redzone target , but really that's it. Holmes ,the classic malcontent , happy when the ball came his way , pouting and not caring when it didn't . Oh yeah BTW what wr did the opposition double on the Jets - #10. A noticably slowing down LT and a plodding run into my linemen Greene. And to boot the skill positions weren't even the main problem. The OLine broke down big time yet Rex insisted upon his ground & pound mentality.

You look at int's like Sanchez threw against Arz and Tenn and say look at that overthrow or he threw right to a DB. What you don't see or fail to care is that probably half of those picks were caused by scrub players running wrong routes or maker improper adjustments. Eli Maning makes just as many "boneheaded" picks but those are pooh poohed because the offensive weapons and gameplans they give him allow him to make up for it. Eli went throug a stretch of like 3 games where he didn't have a TD , but all I heard was oh he has a tired arm and Hakeem Nicks is hurt while Sanchez was throwing to F'in Clyde Gates, Mardy Gilyard & Chaz Schilens. At least give Sanchez a full complement of weapons and a competent Offensive gameplan before we crucify him.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1
    The press conferences are way over rated. The QB is the key. We don't need a Brady to win. Didn't Sanchez beat NE in the playoffs a few years ago. I think if the opportunity arises to pick up a good QB in a deal we should pull the switch and make it happen.