Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Took me a bit to figure it out, but SAR isn't a Sanchez apologist. He certainly seems like he is, but he's really not. He's simply in favor of cutting down the trunk of the tree instead of the branch that simply stems from the tree.
    Thank you. Well stated.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    No one has. You're right. But don't ask this boob to be able to figure it out. He'd rather go and stroke SAR.

It doesn't matter anyway, For all of us who aren't delusional, we know Rex is still the best HC out there. We can let McGinley and SAR go into a corner and piss and moan until the cows come home. Who cares? The Jets still did the right thing.
    Test time, MJ.

It's no longer about us telling you why Rex Ryan sucks. That ship has sailed. That's now a given. Half the world was on board a year ago, the whole world is on board now.

It's now your job to tell us why Rex Ryan is good. Go for it. Give us 10 reasons why Rex Ryan is a great coach. Here, here's a blank page, fill it in:

Clock management, timeout management, preparedness, effort level, halftime adjustments, the ability to beat elite teams, the ability to have the team ready to play every week, player evaluation, player selection, young player development, tons of areas to choose from.

The onus is on you to convince us now, not the other way around.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Test time, MJ.

It's no longer about us telling you why Rex Ryan sucks. That ship has sailed. That's now a given. Half the world was on board a year ago, the whole world is on board now.

It's now your job to tell us why Rex Ryan is good. Go for it. Give us 10 reasons why Rex Ryan is a great coach. Here, here's a blank page, fill it in:

Clock management, timeout management, preparedness, effort level, halftime adjustments, the ability to beat elite teams, the ability to have the team ready to play every week, player evaluation, player selection, young player development, tons of areas to choose from.

The onus is on you to convince us now, not the other way around.

SAR I
    There is no onus, SAR. You are pathetically mistaken about the entire world wanting Rex gone. The vast majority of football fans of the NYJ and other teams for that matter, do question many of the things that Rex and the NYJ do, but they always maintain that Rex is a very good HC.

In regards to a tit for tat debate on why Rex should stay? I would love to get into that with you. However, I have to leave shortly for work, so it'll have to wait until over the weekend. Remind me. I would love to get into that with you.

But ahead of time I already know that no matter what I say, I will never change your mind. But I don't really care about changing your mind. Your dead set and as stubborn as Rex is into hating him.

I would also like to lay down some ground rules for our debate:

1) Anything that Rex does off the field is not included in this debate. I've gone through this ad nauseum. His personal life has NOTHING to do with his coaching prowess. No personal attacks on Rex Ryan. It's immature and as Sooth already posted, he doesn't want it on his board.

2) No personal attacks on me either. I respect you, SAR. I very much enjoyed meeting you and your family some time ago. I don't want our respect for each other to change. This is simply a debate for which I will never change your mind and you will never change mine.

If you can live by those rules, then fine. We'll debate this for a while. But eventually I will get tired of responding to the nonsense you are posting and the debate will be over.

And just remember, in the end, no matter what the outcome of our debate, Rex Ryan is STILL the HC of NYJ. Just the way I think it should be.

AGREED?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Facts are Facts

There is no onus, SAR. You are pathetically mistaken about the entire world wanting Rex gone. The vast majority of football fans of the NYJ and other teams for that matter, do question many of the things that Rex and the NYJ do, but they always maintain that Rex is a very good HC.

In regards to a tit for tat debate on why Rex should stay? I would love to get into that with you. However, I have to leave shortly for work, so it'll have to wait until over the weekend. Remind me. I would love to get into that with you.

But ahead of time I already know that no matter what I say, I will never change your mind. But I don't really care about changing your mind. Your dead set and as stubborn as Rex is into hating him.

I would also like to lay down some ground rules for our debate:

1) Anything that Rex does off the field is not included in this debate. I've gone through this ad nauseum. His personal life has NOTHING to do with his coaching prowess. No personal attacks on Rex Ryan. It's immature and as Sooth already posted, he doesn't want it on his board.

2) No personal attacks on me either. I respect you, SAR. I very much enjoyed meeting you and your family some time ago. I don't want our respect for each other to change. This is simply a debate for which I will never change your mind and you will never change mine.

If you can live by those rules, then fine. We'll debate this for a while. But eventually I will get tired of responding to the nonsense you are posting and the debate will be over.

And just remember, in the end, no matter what the outcome of our debate, Rex Ryan is STILL the HC of NYJ. Just the way I think it should be.

AGREED?
    This is directed to SAR and Mcginley.The Jets ranked 12th in the NFL in rushing offense.We Ranked 30th in passing offense. These stats don't include turnovers. Our offense stunk, because our QB stunk.You can spin it any way you like, but those are the facts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is directed to SAR and Mcginley.The Jets ranked 12th in the NFL in rushing offense.We Ranked 30th in passing offense. These stats don't include turnovers. Our offense stunk, because our QB stunk.You can spin it any way you like, but those are the facts.
    Those are facts, but they need to be understood correctly. Rex Ryan was right, and even to my dismay, Mark Sanchez was the QB on the roster. All the while knowing that Sanchez was a turnover machine. Rex did the best that was humanly possible to get Sanchez playing at a high level. Sanchez simply was not good enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You probably wouldn't want to direct that at me since Sanchez isn't something SAR and myself see eye to eye on. I think he is a very big problem, but part of that stems from Rex's inability to develop his QB. He's given Mark nothing and expects a QB that is average, at best, to carry the offense.

I'm as big a Sanchez hater as anyone, but even I have admitted in the past that Sanchez was done dirty. I won't defend the turnovers, though, because those just shouldn't happen like that. I think Mark is an average, at best, QB with marginal skills. I don't think we should need to surround him with pro-bowlers just to get him to be average, either. That said, if we do end up giving him one more year to turn **** around, I would like it if we gave him more than some random jag castoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1. The Jets rushed for more yards than 5 playoff teams: Atlanta, Green Bay, Indy, Cincy, and Denver. And they did so with a near zero threat at QB in Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mac

You probably wouldn't want to direct that at me since Sanchez isn't something SAR and myself see eye to eye on. I think he is a very big problem, but part of that stems from Rex's inability to develop his QB. He's given Mark nothing and expects a QB that is average, at best, to carry the offense.

I'm as big a Sanchez hater as anyone, but even I have admitted in the past that Sanchez was done dirty. I won't defend the turnovers, though, because those just shouldn't happen like that. I think Mark is an average, at best, QB with marginal skills. I don't think we should need to surround him with pro-bowlers just to get him to be average, either. That said, if we do end up giving him one more year to turn **** around, I would like it if we gave him more than some random jag castoffs.
    If Sanchez can't understand to hold onto a football, when theres no play to be made,there isn't anything that Ryan or anybody else can say.There's nothing complicated about it.When theres an open receiver,get him the ball.Sanchez failed miserably in those two areas, and im sure Rex,Pennington,Cavanaugh,and everybody on gods green earth told him that ad nauseum

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    +1. The Jets rushed for more yards than 5 playoff teams: Atlanta, Green Bay, Indy, Cincy, and Denver. And they did so with a near zero threat at QB in Sanchez.
    Very good point. Our offense just needs a different QB not a total rebuild.
    A FA QB like Camblell as we develop or wait for our college guy would be the best solution IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez can't understand to hold onto a football, when theres no play to be made,there isn't anything that Ryan or anybody else can say.There's nothing complicated about it.When theres an open receiver,get him the ball.Sanchez failed miserably in those two areas, and im sure Rex,Pennington,Cavanaugh,and everybody on gods green earth told him that ad nauseum
    I get that, but he didn't have as much of those type of issues before. I do think any chance that he had to be better is gone, so you can see where I and SAR conflict on him. I think the Mark Sanchez project is over and failed.

However, we still have him for at least 1 more year. If he should happen to be our starter, I'd like us to make the most of a bad situation.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    But do you realize if Sanchez did that this year there would have been 10+ games like we saw with McElroy against the Chargers. Then everyone would be saying you can't take sacks just get rid of the ball. Many times there were absolutely no open receivers to throw to - Sanchez forced throws - otherwise this offense would have been even more of a chorus line then it was 1-2-3 kick.

Again , Sanchez was bad , he can't commit the turnovers he did , but it was more form trying to force what was not there than by just missing a throw.

And before everyone jumps up and points out the play with Stephen Hill against the Seahawks, yes he was open , but so was Keller its just that Sanchez has gotten into a real bad habit of double clutching before throws because of a) lack of confidence b) waiting for wr's to be in the proper position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Makes ya wince

I get that, but he didn't have as much of those type of issues before. I do think any chance that he had to be better is gone, so you can see where I and SAR conflict on him. I think the Mark Sanchez project is over and failed.

However, we still have him for at least 1 more year. If he should happen to be our starter, I'd like us to make the most of a bad situation.
    our season in a microcosm.Jets,deep in texans territory.Sanchez rolls out,has a wide open Stephan Hill in the end zone.Unfortunately, he rolls out right to the spot were JJ.watt has his arms up,and throws the ball right into them. Almost kicked in my TV.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    our season in a microcosm.Jets,deep in texans territory.Sanchez rolls out,has a wide open Stephan Hill in the end zone.Unfortunately, he rolls out right to the spot were JJ.watt has his arms up,and throws the ball right into them. Almost kicked in my TV.
    Trust me, he's pissed me off nearly every single game this year. The only game's he didn't utterly piss me off were Bills@NY and the Colts game. Aside from that, I've had a miserable time watching him and the rest of the team this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That play was a designed quick hitting slant to Kerley - great play by Watt. Sometimes you just got to tip your hat to the other team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    That play was a designed quick hitting slant to Kerley - great play by Watt. Sometimes you just got to tip your hat to the other team.
    Watt is awesome,he bats down passes all the time.My point is he has no ability to do other than what the play calls for.Any decent QB, would have rolled out more, rolled back to the right and create a passing lane,to complete that play,or find another option.Didn't he fumble in the red zone in that game to, i don't even think he was hit

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watt is awesome,he bats down passes all the time.My point is he has no ability to do other than what the play calls for.Any decent QB, would have rolled out more, rolled back to the right and create a passing lane,to complete that play,or find another option.Didn't he fumble in the red zone in that game to, i don't even think he was hit
    I'm not trying to absolve Sanchez of blame for his poor decisions and turnovers, rather I'm trying to point out why some of those things occured. Quick hits and slants are total timing plays they either work or they don't . He gets criticized a lot here for not finding another option, but in a lot of cases either a) no other option exists because they're not open or b) he has the protection that allows him a primary read and maybe an alternate. You can't go through your progressions with inexperienced receivers and with Dlinemen hanging all over you.

I truly agree they need to allow him to improvise more and make plays outside the pocket. He was no Drew Brees but his first two years he was pretty good in this regard. For some reason years 3&4 he hardly ever tried to make plays that way. My guess is the coaching staff was frowning upon that aspect of his game, probably as a result of him getting beat up by Oak, Bal etc. Remember his backups these years were Brunell, Tebow, McElroy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't argue that

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I'm not trying to absolve Sanchez of blame for his poor decisions and turnovers, rather I'm trying to point out why some of those things occured. Quick hits and slants are total timing plays they either work or they don't . He gets criticized a lot here for not finding another option, but in a lot of cases either a) no other option exists because they're not open or b) he has the protection that allows him a primary read and maybe an alternate. You can't go through your progressions with inexperienced receivers and with Dlinemen hanging all over you.

I truly agree they need to allow him to improvise more and make plays outside the pocket. He was no Drew Brees but his first two years he was pretty good in this regard. For some reason years 3&4 he hardly ever tried to make plays that way. My guess is the coaching staff was frowning upon that aspect of his game, probably as a result of him getting beat up by Oak, Bal etc. Remember his backups these years were Brunell, Tebow, McElroy.
    All of the points you made, affected his effectiveness, no doubt,but there were so many times when he underthrew,or threw behind or in front of a receiver,too the point you lose count.Gates isn't much,but the two concussions were on throws that he had to reach back for,putting the receiver directly in harms way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The onus is on you.

Anyone pro-Ryan needs to defend themselves now, not the other way around. The word is out, plain as day, Rex Ryan is awful. You want to discuss him, that's fine, but you need to start each post with a disclaimer like "Before I begin, Rex Ryan sucks. That said...."

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    You're using total yardage instead of yards per carry. What was our ranking in YPC?

And not even using stats just your eyes, do you really think the Jets had a good running game? Was the offensive line opening holes? Were the backs breaking tackles, making defenders miss? I didn't see that happening

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is clueless at times and doesnt handle the roster as I would like (AKA QB situation) but he is still a great motivator and defensive coach. He had this team thinking SB the first two seasons maybe we can get back to that form.