Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Sean Payton doesn't know Squat about Defense,he needs astrong DC to handle that end. Rex needs a strong, experienced OC, to handle the offense
    Offense wins Championships and maintains consistent excellence. Defense can win the Super Bowl game but you need a pretty serious running game to pair with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

The shoe is on the other foot now. It is clear that Rex Ryan is a moron. Every NFL expert, everyone in the media, beat writers with 25 years experience, every fan of the other 31 teams in the league all feel Rex Ryan is an idiotic clown with a boss who is his puppet.

These threads are in reverse now. No longer do we have to make the case that Rex Ryan is a bad coach; the anus is now on them to prove that Rex Ryan is a good coach.

Good luck with that.

SAR I

SAR 1, when you use the universal words like Everyone, Every, All you realize you are back in Drama class. This is why you arguments don't hold water. When the rest of us argue we are completely logical and obviously right and dings like dat.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wow, someone go ahead and bring out the "Almost Did Something" award.

This isn't like school where you get an award for participating. Either you do it or you don't. Rex didn't, hasn't, and most likely WON'T.
    So every HC in sports should be fired unless they achieve a championship in 4 years.are you serious.And the facts are, i know the facts are scary for some,is that if it wasn't for Tom Brady we would have won the division,and had home field,which would have greatly improved are chances of getting into the SB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jets need a complete and utter rebuild.

From the ground up, every player and every coach has to be evaluated and ultimately replaced. We are in a race to be the one team in the AFC East that is ready to take control when Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire in 2016. That's all that matters. We have to be 100% ready to rattle off a 12 win season in 2016. So every day that goes by that we do not begin the rebuild is another year we are not going to be able to win the division.

Heaven help us if the Buffalo Bills or Miami Dolphins get their act together in the front office before we do. Right now, they are taking steps to get better. All we are doing is treading water.

SAR I
    realistic alternatives?

So every HC in sports should be fired unless they achieve a championship in 4 years.are you serious.And the facts are, i know the facts are scary for some,is that if it wasn't for Tom Brady we would have won the division,and had home field,which would have greatly improved are chances of getting into the SB.
    Yes, you're right. we should just extend him and keep him around in the hopes that we might ONE day win a championship. I mean, he's proven he's not even close to being a competent HC, but let's ignore all that and keep filling the wish jar with hopes and dreams.

Is there an "I'm willing to give Rex one more season to prove himself" list? If so, put me on that one.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    realistic alternatives?
    Should have completely cleared house last week. Then we would be in a position to get one of the best general manager candidates to come here and get us back on track.

Where we stand now is in a strange Rex Ryan limbo. Need three new coordinator's, need a complete reevaluation of talent, need a new offensive philosophy, installing the third offensive system in the last four years. No talented GM will want to come here because of the existing train wreck and the brutal three-year prognosis.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Is there an "I'm willing to give Rex one more season to prove himself" list? If so, put me on that one.
    Yes, but that thread is a year old.

You'll have to use search to find it.

SAR I

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Offense wins Championships and maintains consistent excellence. Defense can win the Super Bowl game but you need a pretty serious running game to pair with it.
    I absolutly agree with you.With the QB situation, and injuries, we needed an experienced creative OC .Sparano didn't fit that bill.

we needed an experienced creative OC .Sparano didn't fit that bill.
    "When we sat down with Tony, I knew that he was the right person at the right time for our offense," - Rex Ryan.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ve-coordinator

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

my personal favorite is all those jet fans on here that sound like stephen a smith and mike greenberg, who i view as "fairweather instant gratification NY fans." the most common is "we aint gonna be better than 4-12 next season - the predictions based on pessimism. same type of NY folks who wanted eli and coughlin's head right before their super bowl magical run, and same folkks who said jets would be 2-14 the year pennington went into camp with no running game and barlow was our #1 back and we finished 10-6 in the playoffs. im so tired of the "i know all, we suck and need a new coach, qb, etc., blow it all up." give it time, let chemistry build and make some small changes that help our staff and qb. otherwise, go hang out with greeney, the most annoying jet fan ive ever heard
    My personal favorite are the Pollyanna-posters who despite watching the Rex Ryan death spiral for the last 24 months have the righteous indignation to call out anyone who has the ability to look at this situation objectively.

It's fine if you choose to believe this nonsense. But the rest of us grounded in reality aren't lesser fans for venting the truth.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Holding onto a head coach is a wonderful strategy, as long as you pick the right head coach.

November 13, 2011 was the day that Rex Ryan ended. Patriots 37 Jets 16.

Going into that game, we were on an 18-9 run with 5 wins against elite teams.

Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 including an unfathomable 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

A complete and utter reversal of fortune. That's what happens when your head coach stands up and can't back it up and cuts valuable players who are both leaders and playmakers. Players stop believing. Then they start losing. Now there's nobody left to pick up the pieces.

And you think Rex Ryan is a good coach. And you think we would've won the division this year. What are you smoking?

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Should have completely cleared house last week. Then we would be in a position to get one of the best general manager candidates to come here and get us back on track.

Where we stand now is in a strange Rex Ryan limbo. Need three new coordinator's, need a complete reevaluation of talent, need a new offensive philosophy, installing the third offensive system in the last four years. No talented GM will want to come here because of the existing train wreck and the brutal three-year prognosis.

SAR I
    How are you positive that clearing house would put us in a situation where we absolutely positiviely 100% get one of the best GM candidates to come in. who, jimmmy raye and the other tool that declined interviews? and then what would happen, we would be great after that? with what QB? do you believe GM's solve the worlds problems in football? Was pioli an absolute genius for drafting a tom brady in the 6th round? now hes out of work another team removed from the pats. all im saying is instant gratification philosophies only get you so far. this just sounds too much like mike greenberg

Jets Insider VIP
    How are you positive that clearing house would put us in a situation where we absolutely positiviely 100% get one of the best GM candidates to come in. who, jimmmy raye and the other tool that declined interviews? and then what would happen, we would be great after that? with what QB? do you believe GM's solve the worlds problems in football? Was pioli an absolute genius for drafting a tom brady in the 6th round? now hes out of work another team removed from the pats. all im saying is instant gratification philosophies only get you so far. this just sounds too much like mike greenberg
    Is your user name like Jet + Italia (Italy) or a play on Genitalia?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Holding onto a head coach is a wonderful strategy, as long as you pick the right head coach.

November 13, 2011 was the day that Rex Ryan ended. Patriots 37 Jets 16.

Going into that game, we were on an 18-9 run with 5 wins against elite teams.

Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 including an unfathomable 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

A complete and utter reversal of fortune. That's what happens when your head coach stands up and can't back it up and cuts valuable players who are both leaders and playmakers. Players stop believing. Then they start losing. Now there's nobody left to pick up the pieces.

And you think Rex Ryan is a good coach. And you think we would've won the division this year. What are you smoking?

SAR I
    ok there is some good meat here in your last quote. i absolutely agree with the fact that tanny and rex' decisions to dump cotchery, braylon, t jones, brad smith, leon washington, for guys like plax, tebow, chaz and kerley was assanine. this is what led to the downfall , thats why we got rid of tanny, rightfully so.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Is your user name like Jet + Italia (Italy) or a play on Genitalia?
    sort of both

This team needs to rebuild COMPLETELY. Doing it a little bit at a time isn't going to help us. It's just dragging over issues that existed in the previous regime into the new one.

That's like putting on a new suit only to go back outside to get muddied up again.

Texans fans

Who in the hell besides a few Jets fans are still bragging about back-to-back AFCCG LOSSES? Wow, Rex's teams failed to get the job done TWICE in a row, and then went 8-8 and 6-10 the next following seasons.

WHOA, BETTER SIGN THAT COACH TO AN EXTENSION! GOTTA PREPARE HIS BUST FOR CANTON!
    Do you think Texans fans have been yelling for Kubiaks head.His team has fallen short and worse for the last five years.Are Bengals fans yelling about there HC, because they lost again in the first round.What about Baltimore, by your standards Harbaugh sucks because his team has fallen short. Take a hike

Yes, but that thread is a year old.

You'll have to use search to find it.

SAR I
    Got me .

But Seriously, what is the point of firing REX now? IMO, if the new GM has a really great argument for why Rex should be fired and has a plan to replace him, then fire Rex. It is possible the new GM will have so much on his plate that he would prefer to keep the HC in place and replace him next year if he is so inclined.

Basically, there is no strategic advantage to firing Rex right now. It might give you the warm and fuzzies, but the benefit to the Jets is Zero. There is no red hot HC candidate out there that will not be available, and the Jets have a much better chance of attracting the type of non-rookie HC you desire after they get the franchise off the reef and pointed in the right direction.

This team needs to rebuild COMPLETELY. Doing it a little bit at a time isn't going to help us. It's just dragging over issues that existed in the previous regime into the new one.

That's like putting on a new suit only to go back outside to get muddied up again.
    Excellent post.

The only hope for this franchise to move in the right direction is for the team to perform badly again in 2013 thus forcing Woody Johnson to fire the head coach. I think the team will be bad regardless next season but the question is will the new GM be legitimate or just a puppet hired by Rex?