Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    SAR, do you realize the irony in you being the prime (if not sole) Sanchez defender on JI, while you trash the only HC on the planet that believes Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win?
    Good point. Since his tattoo was discovered and the emotional attachment to Sanchez obvious, I think Rex is changing his tune. He has said all players will be review with a new GM. This is going to be very interesting. Too bad we have to wait till this all plays out.

SAR, do you realize the irony in you being the prime (if not sole) Sanchez defender on JI, while you trash the only HC on the planet that believes Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win?
    You don't get it!! He just posts for attention!!

Oh Well

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    This is sports Sar.Theres no definites here.That's why you can defend Sanchez, and nobody including me can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt your wrong

Smile Hey Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    You don't get it!! He just posts for attention!!
    I posted a response to Sars defense of Sanchez, and he responds by asking me about Rex, i obliged him.He gave me an f, i'll live,LOL

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, you're right. we should just extend him and keep him around in the hopes that we might ONE day win a championship. I mean, he's proven he's not even close to being a competent HC, but let's ignore all that and keep filling the wish jar with hopes and dreams.
    What you just posted is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that even vaguely resembled a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Hey maine Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What you just posted is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that even vaguely resembled a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
    He was responding to my post.He kept talking about the failed four years under Rex,and i responded,compared to who.What other team without Tom Brady, has had this enormous success, that proves the point Rex is a failure

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    enough acumen to know that if you are going to fire the GM, and lose most of your coaching staff, then you also need to fire the person who was equally responsible for the mess the franchise is now in.

enough acumen to understand that no candidate worth their salt is going to accept the job knowing that they a. must keep the coach and (more importantly) b. knows that the owner wants the coach to be in charge of you. A coach who has proven that he can coach players far better then he can pick them and the only thing he knows about offense is how to stop it (and that includes his own).

enough acumen to know that the offense was a major issue and needs a good offensive coordinator. Yet no coordinator worth their salt will come here knowing that there is a very real possibility that he will be unemployed and uprooted in 12 months.

Yes, the owner should hire the right people, open the check books and then get out of the way. And, of course, we do we wan't a moron like Jerry Jones in power (Daniel Synder has gotten it right. He hired a two-time super bowl winning coach, opened his check book and got the hell out of the way). Our moron owner hired a clown as a head coach, left him in control and defends him blindly. Ryan, along with tannenbaum, chose the players to draft and sign, picked the coaching staff (including an offensive coordinator that has been fired) and acted like a clown. It does not have to be an either or choice; Woody or Jerry Jones. There are owners like Rooney and Kraft that get it. Hell, the new jaguars owner even looks like he has a better clue then Woody. He let his GM run the show, and what a concept that is....

Here is a prediction predicated on the tone-deaf management of woody johnson;

GM: Scott Cohen
    OC: Cam Cameron

And we will be stuck with them (a fired OC who was run off a playoff team and a newbie GM who was part of the problem around here) all to make the head coach happy. The same coach who helped put us in the position we are now in.

The spin will be that Cohen is the best candidate because he works well with the coach. The reality is that no GM candidate worth their salt will take this job with the cartoon preconditions set forth by a clueless owner. Cameron will be hailed as the next great offensive mind (like sparano was less then 12 months ago), despite being fired before the season has even ended. Of course, the reality will be that he had no other offensive coordinator opportunites.
    Its not a written rule you need to fire the HC to bring in a new GM ist been done many times , Cowher(Pitt) , Carroll(SEa) , Coughlin/Reese(NYG) just to name a few recent ones. So keep reading the BS that no GM will want to come here . There's 32 GM positions period, its a well sought after job regardless of how bad you feel the situation is. By your standards how do we ever elect a president of the US - no one should want that job right ???

Same thing with an OC , on this one I agree its a little tougher sell because a) the HC has had a negative impact on the O, which he claims he is addressing - we'll see. b) the offensive talent on the Jets is subpar. But make no mistake there's plenty of coaches out there who would welcome the challenge and have the bravado that they can be the one who can turn it around in the biggest market in football.

Yes, the Jets have mismanaged the cap past few years , is that Woody's fault or is that Mr T's fault. Mr T I'd say and he's gone. Certainly Rex has influenced the draft the past few years and focused too much on D , but has they're drafts been really that bad. Coples, Wilk , Kerley, Wilson, D Davis. Sure 2010 was bad with Ducasse/Connor but most NFL have years with poor drafts - look at the Pats the on;y reason they've been ok is because they've had so many draft picks but lots of misses there as well.

Everything else you write about is pure speculation and fear ( Cohen/Cameron) . In addition what do you know about Cohen other than he's from the Jets organization. Most of these front office guys are unknowns until given a chance.

Finally, I just can't understand how Jet fans let the media and the negative hoardes effect them so much. Its like a propaganda train gets started and you all jump aboard taking the words as gosepl truth. The only circus is that you all succomb to the pressure of the media and help feed its progress.

Take a deep breath relax, it will be fine when the dust settles. The Jets are doing things no differently than a majority of teams in the NFL , its just that in other cities the media doesn't have two teams to cover there no agendas and no need to foster an environment of hate. Has Rex brought some of this on himself sure , but if he was the coach of the Rams would there be this persistent zoo - I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I posted a response to Sars defense of Sanchez, and he responds by asking me about Rex, i obliged him.He gave me an f, i'll live,LOL
    He just wants attention, and he certainly gets it here!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    He just wants attention, and he certainly gets it here!
    There are a lot of posters that are attention whores. There are no rules against this but there are rules against personal attacks. There is a reason why we have ignore list etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He was responding to my post.He kept talking about the failed four years under Rex,and i responded,compared to who.What other team without Tom Brady, has had this enormous success, that proves the point Rex is a failure
    No one has. You're right. But don't ask this boob to be able to figure it out. He'd rather go and stroke SAR.

It doesn't matter anyway, For all of us who aren't delusional, we know Rex is still the best HC out there. We can let McGinley and SAR go into a corner and piss and moan until the cows come home. Who cares? The Jets still did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Its not a written rule you need to fire the HC to bring in a new GM ist been done many times , Cowher(Pitt) , Carroll(SEa) , Coughlin/Reese(NYG) just to name a few recent ones. So keep reading the BS that no GM will want to come here . There's 32 GM positions period, its a well sought after job regardless of how bad you feel the situation is. By your standards how do we ever elect a president of the US - no one should want that job right ???

Same thing with an OC , on this one I agree its a little tougher sell because a) the HC has had a negative impact on the O, which he claims he is addressing - we'll see. b) the offensive talent on the Jets is subpar. But make no mistake there's plenty of coaches out there who would welcome the challenge and have the bravado that they can be the one who can turn it around in the biggest market in football.

Yes, the Jets have mismanaged the cap past few years , is that Woody's fault or is that Mr T's fault. Mr T I'd say and he's gone. Certainly Rex has influenced the draft the past few years and focused too much on D , but has they're drafts been really that bad. Coples, Wilk , Kerley, Wilson, D Davis. Sure 2010 was bad with Ducasse/Connor but most NFL have years with poor drafts - look at the Pats the on;y reason they've been ok is because they've had so many draft picks but lots of misses there as well.

Everything else you write about is pure speculation and fear ( Cohen/Cameron) . In addition what do you know about Cohen other than he's from the Jets organization. Most of these front office guys are unknowns until given a chance.

Finally, I just can't understand how Jet fans let the media and the negative hoardes effect them so much. Its like a propaganda train gets started and you all jump aboard taking the words as gosepl truth. The only circus is that you all succomb to the pressure of the media and help feed its progress.

Take a deep breath relax, it will be fine when the dust settles. The Jets are doing things no differently than a majority of teams in the NFL , its just that in other cities the media doesn't have two teams to cover there no agendas and no need to foster an environment of hate. Has Rex brought some of this on himself sure , but if he was the coach of the Rams would there be this persistent zoo - I think not.
    Of course, there is no rule that you have to fire the head coach when you fire the GM but that is the way it is done the majority of the time, and with good reason. The general manager wants to run the operation in the manner that he believes will make them most successful. Ultimately, he will get fired if he is not successful so you want your people working for you.

I agree that Mr. T is responsible for the contracts and the cap mess we are now in. But as for the lack of talent on the roster, Mr. T and Rex are equal partners in that mess. And they are equal partners in the Tebow trade AND the hiring of Sparano.

As for the potential hiring of Cohen there is good reason to worry. NFL teams usually do not hire people who hail from unsuccessful situations. Cohen has been part of the horrid decision making in this organization. Common sense leads us to that conclusion.

Finally, my anger with Johnson's stewardship of this franchise has very little to do with the media. I take my cues from successful NFL franchises. I love the NFL and study its' history and there are clear models for how to run a successful NFL franchise in the salary cap era. And there are also valuable lessons that can still be taken from successful teams from the pre-salary cap era. The Jets are a laughing stock right now around the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    No one has. You're right. But don't ask this boob to be able to figure it out. He'd rather go and stroke SAR.

It doesn't matter anyway, For all of us who aren't delusional, we know Rex is still the best HC out there. We can let McGinley and SAR go into a corner and piss and moan until the cows come home. Who cares? The Jets still did the right thing.
    +1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And again how much football management acumen does an owner need. He has to hire a GM (in process), open up his checkbook(done) and stay the hell out of the way. Be careful what you wish for -do you want a Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder etc type of owner - don't think so.
    I want a Mara/Tisch type owner. Hire a competent GM who is in charge of the whole organization, open your checkbook and stay the hell out of the way. Instead, we have an owner who wants to hire a GM to serve the semi lame duck HC and wants everyone to stay the hell out of said semi lame duck HC's way.

Veteran
    enough acumen to know that if you are going to fire the GM, and lose most of your coaching staff, then you also need to fire the person who was equally responsible for the mess the franchise is now in.

enough acumen to understand that no candidate worth their salt is going to accept the job knowing that they a. must keep the coach and (more importantly) b. knows that the owner wants the coach to be in charge of you. A coach who has proven that he can coach players far better then he can pick them and the only thing he knows about offense is how to stop it (and that includes his own).

enough acumen to know that the offense was a major issue and needs a good offensive coordinator. Yet no coordinator worth their salt will come here knowing that there is a very real possibility that he will be unemployed and uprooted in 12 months.

Yes, the owner should hire the right people, open the check books and then get out of the way. And, of course, we do not wan't a moron like Jerry Jones in power (Daniel Synder has finally gotten it right; he hired a two-time super bowl winning coach, opened his check book and got the hell out of the way). Our moron owner hired a clown as a head coach, left him in control and defends him blindly. Ryan, along with tannenbaum, chose the players to draft and sign, picked the coaching staff (including an offensive coordinator that has been fired) and acted like a clown. It does not have to be an either or choice; Woody or Jerry Jones. There are owners like Rooney and Kraft that get it. Hell, the new jaguars owner even looks like he has a better clue then Woody. He let his GM run the show, and what a concept that is....

Here is a prediction predicated on the tone-deaf management of woody johnson;

GM: Scott Cohen
    OC: Cam Cameron

And we will be stuck with them (a fired OC who was run off a playoff team and a newbie GM who was part of the problem around here) all to make the head coach happy. The same coach who helped put us in the position we are now in.

The spin will be that Cohen is the best candidate because he works well with the coach. The reality is that no GM candidate worth their salt will take this job with the cartoon preconditions set forth by a clueless owner. Cameron will be hailed as the next great offensive mind (like sparano was less then 12 months ago), despite being fired before the season has even ended. Of course, the reality will be that he had no other offensive coordinator opportunites.
    I agree with most of this. Where I differ is that while I believe Woody to be an incompetent owner, I still can't believe he would be brain dead enough to hire Scott Cohen, and it has nothing to do with whether Cohen is qualified or not. Public perception of this team is bad enough. He hitched his wagon to Rex for at least one more year, essentially saying this debacle is Tanny's fault. Even he can't than turn around an make an internal hire from Tanny's staff. As far as the OC, it doesn't really matter. Unless he is hired by the new GM (Jim Popp/Marc Treatman) he's probably a goner in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I agree with most of this. Where I differ is that while I believe Woody to be an incompetent owner, I still can't believe he would be brain dead enough to hire Scott Cohen, and it has nothing to do with whether Cohen is qualified or not. Public perception of this team is bad enough. He hitched his wagon to Rex for at least one more year, essentially saying this debacle is Tanny's fault. Even he can't than turn around an make an internal hire from Tanny's staff. As far as the OC, it doesn't really matter. Unless he is hired by the new GM (Jim Popp/Marc Treatman) he's probably a goner in 2014.
    Good post.

But it will be a damning sign if Cohen is hired because it would mean that Ryan has complete control. Choosing Cohen would be a PR nightmare for Johnson but they have a history of not thinking that through (see Tebow fiasco). Besides, Woody and Rex have shown a tone-deaf ability to lie through there teeth to the media and, by proxy, the fans so I am not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In the end, the OC does not matter because he will be gone after this season; on this I agree completely. The sad part about this is that if the Jets did things the correct way and had the GM choose the coach, they may have gone into the 2014 with an offensive system already in place.

All Pro
    ME dont! he's a buffoooonn, his man love for Sanchez sucks that will be his demise.

Of course, there is no rule that you have to fire the head coach when you fire the GM but that is the way it is done the majority of the time, and with good reason. The general manager wants to run the operation in the manner that he believes will make them most successful. Ultimately, he will get fired if he is not successful so you want your people working for you.

I agree that Mr. T is responsible for the contracts and the cap mess we are now in. But as for the lack of talent on the roster, Mr. T and Rex are equal partners in that mess. And they are equal partners in the Tebow trade AND the hiring of Sparano.

As for the potential hiring of Cohen there is good reason to worry. NFL teams usually do not hire people who hail from unsuccessful situations. Cohen has been part of the horrid decision making in this organization. Common sense leads us to that conclusion.

Finally, my anger with Johnson's stewardship of this franchise has very little to do with the media. I take my cues from successful NFL franchises. I love the NFL and study its' history and there are clear models for how to run a successful NFL franchise in the salary cap era. And there are also valuable lessons that can still be taken from successful teams from the pre-salary cap era. The Jets are a laughing stock right now around the league.
    But the important part is the Jets are not a laughing stock because of their play , their record is much better than many teams over the past decade. Their not even a laughing stock because of their business model as many teams are faced with issues with the salary cap and have fired coaches . They are a laughing stock because of the media circus and Tebow worship that surrounds this team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I do not defend Mark Sanchez. Right now, he is a terrible quarterback.

I merely think that he deserves a second look because his problem could've been the atrocious personnel on offense. That's all I'm saying. I want to see him one more time with a competent surrounding cast.

That is now a pipedream because Rex Ryan is still calling the shots. So there is no irony. Only sadness.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Another thing to point out.

I jump into an argument when someone makes the case that Rex Ryan is perfect, the defense is perfect, and our entire problem is Mark Sanchez. That's when I will defend Mark Sanchez; not so much because he's any good, but because everyone else is scapegoating him and avoiding the real issues: Rex Ryan, and Rex Ryan's defense.

SAR I

Took me a bit to figure it out, but SAR isn't a Sanchez apologist. He certainly seems like he is, but he's really not. He's simply in favor of cutting down the trunk of the tree instead of the branch that simply stems from the tree.