Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 321 to 334 of 334

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

  1. #321
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I think I said it wrong as there's no way we'd get the "best" GM candidate out there because he's gone already.

    With Rex Ryan in place we're going to get the worst GM candidate possible. With Rex Ryan gone we'd have gotten the #2 or #3 guy instead of #7.

    SAR I
    +1...with Rex gone we would have probably got Caldwell

  2. #322
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not a stupid game. In fact, it gets right to the heart of why Rex Ryan should not be our head coach right now. You are a diehard fan of his and you can't even name 10 things that make him a really great head coach for the 2013 squad.

    This has nothing to do with your Mark Sanchez Smokescreen. This has everything to do with Rex Ryan. 10 things that makes him a great head coach. Name them, or stop posting in this thread.



    And another Rex Ryan Apologist folds like a house of cards just as I knew he would.

    Instead of making excuses for why you can't name 10 reasons why he's the right head coach for the 2013 New York Jets you're just going to run away and hide. How convenient.

    Rex Ryan is a likable character who achieved some things in the distant past that we all appreciate. You two are the only ones left on the entire planet that think he's a good head coach and you can't even name 10 reasons why he should have a job. Speaks volumes.

    Thank you for proving my point. I knew I could count on you.

    SAR I
    Oh yeah that's right, you win. You're a legend in your own mind.

    When you wake up from your wet dream, you may realize if this had been a fight?

    PSSST...

    I knocked you out in the first round.

  3. #323
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh yeah that's right, you win. You're a legend in your own mind.

    When you wake up from your wet dream, you may realize if this had been a fight?

    PSSST...

    I knocked you out in the first round.
    This isn't a contest. I'm not trying to win anything.

    I'm trying to ascertain why you think Rex Ryan is a great head coach for the next two years based on the last two years. You can't answer because he is not qualified. I know that makes you angry, but that's on you, don't blame me.

    SAR I

  4. #324
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm done here.
    Please don't tease us.

    We can only hope.

  5. #325
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why it has to be an either or choice between Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez? Here is an idea; both men wet the bed over the last two seasons. They are both responsible for making each other's football life miserable.

    Sanchez simply has to be held responsible for being soft and letting everything affect his head. He also has to take part of the responsibility for committing over 50 turnovers in two seasons. He also cannot read a defense and handle an offensive that is too complex.

    Ryan has to take responsibility for not putting an offense in place to cater to Sanchez's strengths. He also failed to hire a QB coach that could teach him the proper mechanics and details that go into being an NFL QB. Ryan also failed him by making things too easy for him.

    They are partners and will go down together when this titanic sinks. There is no reason to waste time choosing sides; they have both been a giant FAIL over the past two seasons.

  6. #326
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Not sure why it has to be an either or choice between Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez? Here is an idea; both men wet the bed over the last two seasons. They are both responsible for making each other's football life miserable.

    They are partners and will go down together when this titanic sinks. There is no reason to waste time choosing sides; they have both been a giant FAIL over the past two seasons.
    Mark Sanchez sucks. This is not what this thread is about.

    The only reason that Mark Sanchez' name comes up is because when you push a Rex Ryan Apologist to explain why they think Rex Ryan is actually a good HC for this team they have no answers. So they say "Oh, Mark Sanchez sucks" and run away.

    Rex Ryan hand-selected Mark Sanchez. Rex Ryan took away all of his assets. Rex Ryan saddled him with two awful offensive coordinators. Rex Ryan stole all of his draft choices. Rex Ryan put Tim Tebow over his shoulder. But they'll say "Oh, Mark Sanchez sucks" and run away.

    Funny, right?

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-13-2013 at 01:08 AM.

  7. #327
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez sucks. This is not what this thread is about.

    The only reason that Mark Sanchez' name comes up is because when you push a Rex Ryan Apologist to explain why they think Rex Ryan is actually a good HC for this team they have no answers. So they say "Oh, Mark Sanchez sucks" and run away.

    SAR I
    Why are you suddenly making sense to me now?

  8. #328
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh yeah that's right, you win. You're a legend in your own mind.
    I love how a guy who accuses another of being a legend in his own mind....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    When you wake up from your wet dream, you may realize if this had been a fight?

    PSSST...

    I knocked you out in the first round.
    Says this in the next sentence.

  9. #329
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Why are you suddenly making sense to me now?
    Because I know what I'm talking about and you misinterpreted me a few weeks back.

    And in this thread, we're not going to let the classic Mark Sanchez Smokescreen let the Ryan Apologists off the hook. I ask them for a simple list of 10 reasons why Rex Ryan should be our head coach in 2013. They can't do it.

    If you asked me, I don't know, why is Bill Belichick a great head coach, would take me about 20 seconds to come up with 10 reasons and maybe 2 minutes to type it. Let's find out:

    10 Reasons Why Bill Belichick Is The Right Head Coach For The 2013 Patriots:

    1. Gets players fully prepared for games.
    2. Keeps players on even-keel, no highs and lows during regular season.
    3. Consistently beats elite teams on his schedule.
    4. Has developed a great quarterback and is completely in sync with him.
    5. Has surrounded his quarterback with the tools needed to succeed.
    6. Has not devolved his defensive abilities yet has evolved his offensive prowess.
    7. Has the admiration of the entire NFL, highly respected as a complete HC.
    8. Great in-game manager, great game feel, terrific exploiter of situational opportunities.
    9. Knows when to cut aging players, knows when to keep team leaders.
    10. His teams are very disciplined, know their positions, do not take foolish penalties.

    Not hard. There are about 20 more, just didn't need to type them.

    SAR I

  10. #330
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because I know what I'm talking about and you misinterpreted me a few weeks back.

    And in this thread, we're not going to let the classic Mark Sanchez Smokescreen let the Ryan Apologists off the hook. I ask them for a simple list of 10 reasons why Rex Ryan should be our head coach in 2013. They can't do it.

    If you asked me, I don't know, why is Bill Belichick a great head coach, would take me about 20 seconds to come up with 10 reasons and maybe 2 minutes to type it. Let's find out:

    10 Reasons Why Bill Belichick Is The Right Head Coach For The 2013 Patriots:

    1. Gets players fully prepared for games.
    2. Keeps players on even-keel, no highs and lows during regular season.
    3. Consistently beats elite teams on his schedule.
    4. Has developed a great quarterback and is completely in sync with him.
    5. Has surrounded his quarterback with the tools needed to succeed.
    6. Has not devolved his defensive abilities yet has evolved his offensive prowess.
    7. Has the admiration of the entire NFL, highly respected as a complete HC.
    8. Great in-game manager, great game feel, terrific exploiter of situational opportunities.
    9. Knows when to cut aging players, knows when to keep team leaders.
    10. His teams are very disciplined, know their positions, do not take foolish penalties.

    Not hard. There are about 20 more, just didn't need to type them.

    SAR I
    You could have started and ended it right here:

    6. Has not devolved his defensive abilities yet has evolved his offensive prowess.


    That's what makes him a winner. Belicheck was a defensive genius. That was his edge. He has evolved knowing offense is what is going to keep his team a contender and continues to nourish that side of the ball.

  11. #331
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez sucks. This is not what this thread is about.

    The only reason that Mark Sanchez' name comes up is because when you push a Rex Ryan Apologist to explain why they think Rex Ryan is actually a good HC for this team they have no answers. So they say "Oh, Mark Sanchez sucks" and run away.

    Rex Ryan hand-selected Mark Sanchez. Rex Ryan took away all of his assets.

    SAR I
    Curious...what is your opinion of Mark Sanchez? Is he a bottom 5 or middle of the pack as a starting QB. Would you want him as the de facto starter for next season or should the Jets have a plan B...maybe a Matt (insert last name). I'm not buying anything Sanchez is selling. I think he lacks toughness and should of handled the Holmes situation better. When the chips are down....he is nowhere to be found. I don't want him or Holmes on the Jets roster. I think a lot of Jet fans feel this way. Holmes for not believing in Mark. Mark for not believing in himself.

  12. #332
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    You could have started and ended it right here:

    6. Has not devolved his defensive abilities yet has evolved his offensive prowess.


    That's what makes him a winner. Belicheck was a defensive genius. That was his edge. He has evolved knowing offense is what is going to keep his team a contender and continues to nourish that side of the ball.
    lol Belicheck has the best, most clutch qb in the league year in, year out.. its not even close... Have they not been a top seed or near top seed every years since winning their last superbowl in 05? Yet Every year its an upset.. and its not brady who is choking.. its Bill and the Pats defense.. for past 6 years.. Bill obviously did not prepare his team for the Jets.. You should NEVER lose to a team in the playoffs that you beat 45-3 in reg season. Your the#1 seed, Jets were #6. Had the best team maybe ever at 15-0, yet lost to a team who huge underdogs.. repeat same thing last year.. Ya what a genius ..

  13. #333
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
    Curious...what is your opinion of Mark Sanchez? Is he a bottom 5 or middle of the pack as a starting QB. Would you want him as the de facto starter for next season or should the Jets have a plan B...maybe a Matt (insert last name). I'm not buying anything Sanchez is selling. I think he lacks toughness and should of handled the Holmes situation better. When the chips are down....he is nowhere to be found. I don't want him or Holmes on the Jets roster. I think a lot of Jet fans feel this way. Holmes for not believing in Mark. Mark for not believing in himself.
    Not speaking for SAR, but here's my thought on Mark. We don't have many options on this team or in this draft. There are not many options via trade or FA either. We NEEDED Mark to step up this year because that's really the only option. The best thing that can happen for the Jets is for Mark to suddenly have the light bulb go off and play the way we hoped he could when he was drafted. People seem to mistake the idea that he was drafted to be a game manager. No. Not at 5th overall trading up for him. He was drafted to be a star. He has failed miserably. MISERABLY. The reasons are all debatable but it's a pointless effort to do so. Bottom line is the best thing that can pssibly happen next year for the NY Jets is for him to suddenly turn his game around and play to the level expected of where and why he was drafted. Anything other than that will be a disappointment for the Jets no matter who is at QB.

    Short of a miracle of course.

  14. #334
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    You could have started and ended it right here:

    6. Has not devolved his defensive abilities yet has evolved his offensive prowess.


    That's what makes him a winner. Belicheck was a defensive genius. That was his edge. He has evolved knowing offense is what is going to keep his team a contender and continues to nourish that side of the ball.
    I agree. Any good Head Coach needs to understand what happens on both sides of the ball. Most Head Coaches were either OC's or DC's, so they have to learn in order to become well rounded enough to be the captain of the whole ship.

    When Schotty was fired, Rex promised to become more involved with the offense and to learn. Instead he hired Sparano, or somebody hired Sparano, and Rex turned it all over to him. Rex didn't spend time trying to learn the offense.

    Sparano was the worst OC the Jets could have hired for Sanchez, or any QB really.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us