Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 334

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

  1. #101
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I totally get the vote of "no confidence" in Rex. But the grim reality is that it would be pointless to fire him right now. There is no strategic benefit for the Jets to create a HC vacancy at this moment.
    A HC vacancy assures a quality GM would want to come here.

    We are going to wind up with the worst GM candidate this year and still wind up with a new head coach next year. All that retaining Rex is doing is screwing up the GM opportunity. It's criminal.

    SAR I

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I totally get the vote of "no confidence" in Rex. But the grim reality is that it would be pointless to fire him right now. There is no strategic benefit for the Jets to create a HC vacancy at this moment.
    It benefits the GM search.

    There would be a lot more candidates, even Bill Polian, who would be interested in this job if they had full control from top to bottom.

    I don't even like Bill Polian, but at the very least he understands how to tank seasons to get the top pick and an excellent QB.

    Just to be clear: Coaches having a say on who the GM will is ass backwards.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    That's a tough one..... Rookie HC's who won a SB in their first 4 years...? How about:

    Mike Tomlin
    Mike McCarthy
    Barry Switzer
    George Seifert
    Jimmy Johnson
    Bill Walsh
    Tom Flores
    Joe Gibbs
    Touché you got me. But besides JJ, look at the teams they all inherited. It's easy to win Super Bowls when you have a franchise QB

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Whatch the name calling, buddy.You don't even have a clue about what you said in your own post.Big deal two championship losses for Rex Doesn't mean anything.Thats what you said. My response was that according to YOUR STANDARD that you stated in your own post The Ravens and Texans, and the Bengals HC should be considered failures also.Idiots are people who can't understand what other people are saying. You can't even understand what you say
    Until the Texans and Bengals take a nose dive, why are they even in the conversation? Those are two teams that are on the UPSWING at the moment. That is not US.

    As for the Ravens and Harbaugh, they are consistent in their regular season and consistently make the playoffs. When it comes to Harbaugh, no one is hinging everything on two AFCCG losses the same way that they are with Rex. Yeah, Harbaugh has lost in the playoffs just like every other coach. The difference between coaches like that and Rex is that they can actually hang their hats on something other than two AFCCG appearances/losses. Hell, Harbaugh was a dropped pass away from going to the Superbowl. THEN, he was a missed chip shot away from at least sending that AFCCG last year into overtime. Do you not understand this? How hard is it to understand basic logic, Geno?

    Rex, on the other hand, is on the decline and in embarrassing fashion.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    A HC vacancy assures a quality GM would want to come here.

    We are going to wind up with the worst GM candidate this year and still wind up with a new head coach next year. All that retaining Rex is doing is screwing up the GM opportunity. It's criminal.

    SAR I
    So, which GM candidates have withdrawn their name from consideration because of Rex?

  6. #106

    If thats the way

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    "When we sat down with Tony, I knew that he was the right person at the right time for our offense," - Rex Ryan.

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ve-coordinator
    If thats the wat he really felt, he was way wrong.I have my doubts though about that.Please don't slam me.There are othere things he said that make me wonder if those were his true feelings.Its been reported,[for what its worth],that Ryan was the first one to run to Woody about Sparano getting the Ax

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Touché you got me. But besides JJ, look at the teams they all inherited. It's easy to win Super Bowls when you have a franchise QB
    These guys inherited nothing:

    Mike McCarthy
    Jimmy Johnson
    Bill Walsh
    Tom Flores
    Joe Gibbs

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    If thats the wat he really felt, he was way wrong.I have my doubts though about that.Please don't slam me.There are othere things he said that make me wonder if those were his true feelings.Its been reported,[for what its worth],that Ryan was the first one to run to Woody about Sparano getting the Ax
    I'm not going to slam you. As a matter of fact, I apologize for insulting you before.

    If Rex has somehow learned his lesson and has had a revelation, fine. But, I seriously doubt that to be the case.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    These guys inherited nothing:

    Mike McCarthy
    Jimmy Johnson
    Bill Walsh
    Tom Flores
    Joe Gibbs
    McCarthy inherited Favre, who was way more difficult to get rid of and allow the installation of Rodgers.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So, which GM candidates have withdrawn their name from consideration because of Rex?
    Polian for one.
    Likely Caldwell.

    That's all we know of thus far. Alot of this will not be transparent.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Polian for one.
    Likely Caldwell.

    That's all we know of thus far. Alot of this will not be transparent.
    Thing about the Caldwell case is that it seemed like Jacksonville was his first choice but they were too far apart on money. He uses us as leverage and then Jacksonville gives him the money he wanted.

    Could be the other way around, though. Who knows.

  12. #112

    McGinley

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Until the Texans and Bengals take a nose dive, why are they even in the conversation? Those are two teams that are on the UPSWING at the moment. That is not US.

    As for the Ravens and Harbaugh, they are consistent in their regular season and consistently make the playoffs. When it comes to Harbaugh, no one is hinging everything on two AFCCG losses the same way that they are with Rex. Yeah, Harbaugh has lost in the playoffs just like every other coach. The difference between coaches like that and Rex is that they can actually hang their hats on something other than two AFCCG appearances/losses. Hell, Harbaugh was a dropped pass away from going to the Superbowl. THEN, he was a missed chip shot away from at least sending that AFCCG last year into overtime. Do you not understand this? How hard is it to understand basic logic, Geno?

    Rex, on the other hand, is on the decline and in embarrassing fashion.
    I disagree with you, respectfully,though, my Jet Friend.If Ryan had Matt Moore,or Kirk Cousins,and stuck with Sanchez,then i'd be all over him,but he didn't.This season boiled down to a QB, who could not hold onto the football, and couldn't make plays when plays were there to be made.The play of our QB,was completely responsible for 3-5 looses this year.You might not care for Rex, But you can't blame him for buttfumble turnovers that happened throughout the course of the season.Thats not bad coaching, yhats a really bad QB, that has no clue how to protect the football

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Polian for one.
    Likely Caldwell.

    That's all we know of thus far. Alot of this will not be transparent.
    Polian has said he is retired, He does not want to work for anyone.

    "Likely" Caldwell? Nice.... You certainly have well-honed investigative skills.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 01-10-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If Rex has somehow learned his lesson
    He is a dumb a$s to begin with.

    Rex would stand out on that list of esteemed coaches as the only one to unnecessarily make a spectacle of himself and his team.

    These "lessons", which let's face it - he won't take to heart, come at the franchise's expense. One skill none of us knew about Rex previous to the Jets is his uncanny ability to have those around him, less important role players, take the bullets that should have his name on them. There's nobody left but Rex, his owner, and the assistants to the assistants!

    I have no idea how RR can still be defended as a viable HC for this team.
    Last edited by sackdance; 01-10-2013 at 02:57 PM.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I disagree with you, respectfully,though, my Jet Friend.If Ryan had Matt Moore,or Kirk Cousins,and stuck with Sanchez,then i'd be all over him,but he didn't.This season boiled down to a QB, who could not hold onto the football, and couldn't make plays when plays were there to be made.The play of our QB,was completely responsible for 3-5 looses this year.You might not care for Rex, But you can't blame him for buttfumble turnovers that happened throughout the course of the season.Thats not bad coaching, yhats a really bad QB, that has no clue how to protect the football
    I'll agree that assfumble definitely contributed to this ****. Still, I'm a firm believer in this not being ALL on Intchez. There's plenty of blame to go around, and Rex is definitely one who needs some.

  16. #116
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Results? Haha, what results? A 9-7 year where we snuck into the playoffs and lost in the AFCCG after Rex PROMISED us that we'd win the Superbowl, an 8-8 year where we fell apart and Rex couldn't put us back together, and a 6-10 year where we completely got embarrassed and become the laughing stock of the league? Oh, but one good year where we also lost in the AFCCG is worth it. Wow, what great results!

    My opinion on Rex is formed based on the fact that he's done absolutely NOTHING for us. If you like the way his balls taste, then enjoy. I, for one, will not blindly back a fool who makes our team a complete joke.
    As I started reading this post the word stupid came to mind. As I got further along the word ignorant came to mind. As I ended reading this post the word vulgar came to mind.

    Thinking more about it, this often happens when I read your posts. So please I respect your right to disagree but please stop the histrionics and rudeness so I can get thru them without feeling sad for having read them.

    Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

  17. #117
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Masury, Ohio
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I totally get the vote of "no confidence" in Rex. But the grim reality is that it would be pointless to fire him right now. There is no strategic benefit for the Jets to create a HC vacancy at this moment.

    So GM, DC, OC ST coach gone and Rex is the main cog that we get to rely on....great!
    There is no strategic benefit to keeping him around. He stays and we get start over now with a whole new staff, then maybe start over again a year from now. The entire NFL is laughing at us, fans are embarrassed, but have faith in Rex. Seriously?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Until the Texans and Bengals take a nose dive, why are they even in the conversation? Those are two teams that are on the UPSWING at the moment. That is not US.

    As for the Ravens and Harbaugh, they are consistent in their regular season and consistently make the playoffs. When it comes to Harbaugh, no one is hinging everything on two AFCCG losses the same way that they are with Rex. Yeah, Harbaugh has lost in the playoffs just like every other coach. The difference between coaches like that and Rex is that they can actually hang their hats on something other than two AFCCG appearances/losses. Hell, Harbaugh was a dropped pass away from going to the Superbowl. THEN, he was a missed chip shot away from at least sending that AFCCG last year into overtime. Do you not understand this? How hard is it to understand basic logic, Geno?

    Rex, on the other hand, is on the decline and in embarrassing fashion.
    Texans are on the verge of making an AFCCG. And if the Pats win, that's two consecutive AFCCGs.

    edit: no road playoff wins, though

    It's great, the legacy of all four teams (well Peyton, not Denver) will be affected in the next two weeks.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    As I started reading this post the word stupid came to mind. As I got further along the word ignorant came to mind. As I ended reading this post the word vulgar came to mind.

    Thinking more about it, this often happens when I read your posts. So please I respect your right to disagree but please stop the histrionics and rudeness so I can get thru them without feeling sad for having read them.

    Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Texans are on the verge of making an AFCCG. And if the Pats win, that's two consecutive AFCCGs.
    Congrats.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us