Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jime1127 View Post
    So GM, DC, OC ST coach gone and Rex is the main cog that we get to rely on....great!
    There is no strategic benefit to keeping him around. He stays and we get start over now with a whole new staff, then maybe start over again a year from now. The entire NFL is laughing at us, fans are embarrassed, but have faith in Rex. Seriously?
    Did you read my post? All I'm saying is there is no advantage to firing him right now. If the new GM has a plan that includes immediate replacement of Rex, so be it. But it is pointless to create the vacancy before then.

We need more of this
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 01-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Polian for one.
    Likely Caldwell.

That's all we know of thus far. Alot of this will not be transparent.
    Caldwell we don't want anyway if he's giving serious consideration to SChotty as a head coach. Jets fans (Not just the SOJF, but actually rational ones) would have went nuts.

Polian has shown no indication to want to be a GM again. Not that I would want him either. It was made pretty clear that Polian surrounded Peyton with complete garbage on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Caldwell we don't want anyway if he's giving serious consideration to SChotty as a head coach. Jets fans (Not just the SOJF, but actually rational ones) would have went nuts.

Polian has shown no indication to want to be a GM again. Not that I would want him either. It was made pretty clear that Polian surrounded Peyton with complete garbage on that team.
    yeah, you're right. Somebody was reeeeeachin to make their point.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

I don't disagree, but I will give Polian that he knows how to stink and/or get into situations where he has the first pick of the draft.

Yay!...Does this mean we're back on track to the Super Bowl?...Yay!

I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'll agree that assfumble definitely contributed to this ****. Still, I'm a firm believer in this not being ALL on Intchez. There's plenty of blame to go around, and Rex is definitely one who needs some.
    Im not a blind defender of Rex.Not a member of his or anyone elses fan club.I have no blow up Rex Ryan love dolls, or posters in my house of him.The big mistake he made this year was agreeing on the Trade. If we had kept Stanton perhaps our season would have ended differently.There certainly would'nt have been the circus atmosphere, because of Tebow's presence.But canning Ryan for that, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Do you know that NO ONE EVER (that's in the history of football) EVER went to the Superbowl as a Rookie HC??? he almost went in his first two years and had a rookie QB with the same personnel as the HC who proceeded him.. You can't say that's not impressive.
    George Seifert says hi.

No he didn't have the same personal. We added Bart Scott who got 11.5MM along with Shepard and Leaonard. Not only did Rex inherit the best OL in football he had one of the most expensive Defenses in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

11-5
    8-8
    6-10

What's a more likely scenario for next season, a 4-12 record or (laughing as I'm typing this) winning the Superbowl?

We're in bad shape guys

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    my personal favorite is all those jet fans on here that sound like stephen a smith and mike greenberg, who i view as "fairweather instant gratification NY fans." the most common is "we aint gonna be better than 4-12 next season - the predictions based on pessimism. same type of NY folks who wanted eli and coughlin's head right before their super bowl magical run, and same folkks who said jets would be 2-14 the year pennington went into camp with no running game and barlow was our #1 back and we finished 10-6 in the playoffs. im so tired of the "i know all, we suck and need a new coach, qb, etc., blow it all up." give it time, let chemistry build and make some small changes that help our staff and qb. otherwise, go hang out with greeney, the most annoying jet fan ive ever heard
    Sometimes the media is right. As much as you think they all sell-out for the most bombastic story, sometimes they don't need to. Sometimes the truth is just sitting there and everyone can see it.

Everyone, apparently, except you.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

How are you positive that clearing house would put us in a situation where we absolutely positiviely 100% get one of the best GM candidates to come in. who, jimmmy raye and the other tool that declined interviews? and then what would happen, we would be great after that? with what QB? do you believe GM's solve the worlds problems in football? Was pioli an absolute genius for drafting a tom brady in the 6th round? now hes out of work another team removed from the pats. all im saying is instant gratification philosophies only get you so far. this just sounds too much like mike greenberg
    I think I said it wrong as there's no way we'd get the "best" GM candidate out there because he's gone already.

With Rex Ryan in place we're going to get the worst GM candidate possible. With Rex Ryan gone we'd have gotten the #2 or #3 guy instead of #7.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Give Rex 4 more years.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

ok there is some good meat here in your last quote. i absolutely agree with the fact that tanny and rex' decisions to dump cotchery, braylon, t jones, brad smith, leon washington, for guys like plax, tebow, chaz and kerley was assanine. this is what led to the downfall , thats why we got rid of tanny, rightfully so.
    It is 100% known that Rex Ryan was the one shopping for the groceries and that he had final say over Mike Tannenbaum.

So what led to the "downfall" from a personnel standpoint is on your buddy Rex as much if not moreso than on your scapegoat Mike.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Do you think Texans fans have been yelling for Kubiaks head.His team has fallen short and worse for the last five years.Are Bengals fans yelling about there HC, because they lost again in the first round.What about Baltimore, by your standards Harbaugh sucks because his team has fallen short. Take a hike
    I would take all of those head coaches over Rex Ryan too.

Are you trying to say those teams were stupid for hanging onto talented coaches? Or are you trying to say that we're stupid for hanging onto our moron?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It is 100% known that Rex Ryan was the one shopping for the groceries and that he had final say over Mike Tannenbaum.

So what led to the "downfall" from a personnel standpoint is on your buddy Rex as much if not moreso than on your scapegoat Mike.

SAR I
    Did Rex also write up the those top-heavy contracts to those 11 or so players which absolutely crippled the ability to sign quality depth? No, he did not. That was the former accountant.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sometimes the media is right. As much as you think they all sell-out for the most bombastic story, sometimes they don't need to. Sometimes the truth is just sitting there and everyone can see it.

Everyone, apparently, except you.

SAR I
    Do you and Greeney go to the same tanning salon and chat this stuff over? You sound just like him. Ok, we shall see what happens going forward. I certainly believe changes should be made, but I dont swallow in NY-media pessimism like most other typical NY fans, and I have been known to be right many times about the Jets doing better than was expected. The NFL is so unpredictable, its just grabage to assume anybody can say "we will be this or that next year." Sanchez had a terrible year on a terrible football team. With a good team around him, we are a legit contender. Hes never going to be Brady or Manning who makes others around him better - that is a diamond in the rough....if we "blow it up", good luck finding somebody as good or better than Sanchez - one can hope, but theres no sure thing.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Got me .

But Seriously, what is the point of firing REX now? IMO, if the new GM has a really great argument for why Rex should be fired and has a plan to replace him, then fire Rex. It is possible the new GM will have so much on his plate that he would prefer to keep the HC in place and replace him next year if he is so inclined.

Basically, there is no strategic advantage to firing Rex right now. It might give you the warm and fuzzies, but the benefit to the Jets is Zero. There is no red hot HC candidate out there that will not be available, and the Jets have a much better chance of attracting the type of non-rookie HC you desire after they get the franchise off the reef and pointed in the right direction.
    The strategic advantage was to fire Rex and Mike simultaneously and go on the offensive, go on the attack, target some experienced HC/GM combos and go for the kill.

Once the decision was made to keep Rex Ryan, we entered a new dimension of New York Jets Dysfunction. The HC sticks around after backstabbing his GM. The new GM has to deal with an albatross of a HC. The HC is hiring 3 coordinators. If the GM doesn't like them they get the boot next year with the HC. That'll mean the 4th offensive coordinator and 4th new offensive system in 5 years. Under the same HC. It's crazy.

The HC is a lame duck who doesn't realize it. I can't fathom how badly that is going to turn out. Unprecedented insanity.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think I said it wrong as there's no way we'd get the "best" GM candidate out there because he's gone already.

With Rex Ryan in place we're going to get the worst GM candidate possible. With Rex Ryan gone we'd have gotten the #2 or #3 guy instead of #7.

SAR I
    id agree thats probably likely, because they could pick their coach then, but im still an advocate of keeping Rex at least another year and how Woody handled it. I just dont see a greater alternative right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The strategic advantage was to fire Rex and Mike simultaneously and go on the offensive, go on the attack, target some experienced HC/GM combos and go for the kill.

Once the decision was made to keep Rex Ryan, we entered a new dimension of New York Jets Dysfunction. The HC sticks around after backstabbing his GM. The new GM has to deal with an albatross of a HC. The HC is hiring 3 coordinators. If the GM doesn't like them they get the boot next year with the HC. That'll mean the 4th offensive coordinator and 4th new offensive system in 5 years. Under the same HC. It's crazy.

The HC is a lame duck who doesn't realize it. I can't fathom how badly that is going to turn out. Unprecedented insanity.

SAR I
    Welcome to reality. Welcome to the NFL.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    You sound like a 6 year old boy who didnt get his red rider bb gun for christmas that santa promised..

Did anyone honestly think Jets would get to the AFCCG in Rex's first yr, Sanchez's first yr? Especially after "sneaking in the playoffs" ? At 9-7, 10-6 going to the AFCCG is over achieving. Under achieving? look how many times in past few years the pats went in post season with near perfect record, only to get beat by lesser teams (Jets included) Why not Fire BB for that? This team was never very good thanks to MT. He did a terrible job to improve the team every offseason.. and last offseason he should have just sat on his hands and not do anything.. then we would not be stuck with the worst qb in the league for another year.. He left 6-8 mil sitting in the cap bank this year..
    You guys crying are the boys who bought the coolaid after early success.. Most of us new Rex had these guys overachieving, and knew MT needed to improve roster to win it all..He only made bad contracts.. mark Sanchez needed to step up, because only 1 team in past 20 years has won a superbowl with a bellow average qb. He stepped down in 11, and fell on his butt (literally) this year..
    Rex Ryan's first two years were wonderful and surprising. No argument.

Rex Ryan's first two playoff trips were wonderful and surprising. No arugment.

But we are now in Year 3 of the post-postseason Rex Ryan Era. The era that Rex Ryan has built himself. All the players, all the coaches, all the plays, the whole enchelada.

And we suck.

Don't give us history lessons. Look at it from the moment we lost all the Mangini Era players, going into the '11 season, Rex feeling all-powerful and he gets rid of everyone, put his 'stamp' on the team. Every player hand-selected. From that defining moment we are horrible. And that's all on Rex Ryan.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    I'm sorry you don't blow things up if you have one losing season the last 4 years.
    That's a ridiculous conclusion and one that has become an unacceptable cliche around here.

You look at all 4 years and you see this:

9-7
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10

If you took a high-school business class that tells you that we are a team that rose, peaked, and is now collapsing.

Here's all that matters when it comes to Rex Ryan's Coaching Record:

At the end of October 2011 we were on an 18-9 run with 5 wins against elite teams.

Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 including an unfathomable 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

18-9 turns into 9-15. It's practically symmetrical. The moment of "good" going to the moment of "suck". And 1 measly win in 12 tries against winning teams? Rookie Andrew Luck had an off-day and that's our claim to fame?

It's not about this stupid idea "its our first losing season" or this other stupid idea "we need consistency at the HC position". It's all about how we are absolutely headed in the wrong direction and it's because the more Rex Ryan puts his "stamp" on the team the worse we get.

SAR I