Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official "I STILL BELIEVE IN REX" Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This pretty much sums up how I feel as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    The only thing I can fault Rex for is for blindly sticking with Sanchez all season long when it was obvious he was regressing.

Year 1 & 2 we HAD to go ground & pound.

Year 3 we sat back and said "ok, it's Sanchez' 3rd year, lets give him some weapons, while we focus our attention on our aging defense".

Everyone makes it out to be Year 3 Sanchez had no one. He had Holmes, Tall redzone threat Burress, Keller, Kerley, LT etc.

But he still couldn't get it done.

Sanchez is the problem. It's not even a personnel problem. Screw the stats, if you watched the games you know his decision making was awful. His accuracy was god awful. Just look at any of his 7 picks between the Arizona and Tennessee games. I remember that overthrown pass to Cumberland at Tennessee specifically, or even the blindly thrown ball to Kerry Rhodes against Arizona.

And your telling me Rex and his defense is at fault for that? Idk man.

Like I said Rex's problem is that he stuck with Sanchez too long. That's about it. He's a very good HC.

We knew what we were getting when we brought in a rookie HC. He's learning as the years go on. We made this bed, now lets lay in it. Give this man a real, capable OC and let's see what we can do.
    Steve Young made the comment after the Az game that once you change QBs, he is essentially scared for the rest of his career. Rex put in McElroy and he couldn't read the SanDeigo blitzs' and got a concussion. He was sticking with McElroy but during the week McElroy said he was getting Migrane headaches etc.

He made the switch but didn't have a backup in place other than Tim Tebow who Sparano did not want.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Mark Sanchez, who threw three touchdown passes and led the Jets to their second straight conference championship game."I

I almost don't need to elaborate on that, but I will.

Your stats tell you Mark Sanchez was "bottom 16" in 2009 and 2010, but the truth is he was a 22 year old kid thrown into the starting role from scratch. His first 10 games were very shaky, made his stats look awful, then he led us on a run where we won 16 of 20 games. The kid is a winner. The kid needs some playmakers restored to him. Mike Westhoff said the same thing today on the radio and he's got no reason to protect him anymore.
    Stop making bullsh*t excuses for Mark Sanchez and disguising them as "the truth". That's a crock of sh*t.

What he stated was a FACT. 22 year old or 32 year old doesn't matter in the NFL. It's called PERFORM because you never know when you'll get another chance. You have to make the most of your opportunities. Sanchez was given multiple opportunities, for which he f*cked up each and every time.

Let's look at the receiving starters for that divisional playoff win over the Patriots:

Jericho Cotchery (5 receptions 96 yards)
    Braylon Edwards (2 receptions 52 yards 1 TD)
    Santonio Holmes (3 receptions 20 yards 1 TD)
    Ladanian Tomlinson (1 receptions 1 TD)
    Dustin Keller (3 receptions 15 yards)

We had no one, not a single Jet, who is anywhere as good as anyone on this list except for Santonio Holmes for three weeks. For the rest of the season, we had a bunch of scrubs that wouldn't star on a high school team.
    A bunch of scrubs my A$$. Do you exaggerate much? They had Jeremy Kerley AND Dustin Keller. And Dustin Keller, I might add, was always Sanchez's safety outlet. Yet, he couldn't even utilize him appropriately.

And even if you want to go that route, arguing that REX is to blame for your perceived lack of talent on offense, hanging Sanchez out to dry, you'd be wrong anyway. MIKE TANNENBAUM gathers the talent for the team. Rex Ryan COACHES the talent. You're twisting things here. Tell the truth.

You can't do two things:

1. Overblame Mark Sanchez for our failures these last two years.
    2. Underblame the horrific defense for these last two years.
    This is such crap I don't even no where to begin. Mark sanchez was the starting QB for the last 4 seasons. His first two seasons he was coddled like no other QB has ever seen. Sanchez responded by playing like sh*t and being a turnover machine.

THEN, after two years of being coddled, Rex Ryan decided it was time for him to take the training wheels off Sanchez. It was time for him to MAN UP. You've been given EVERYTHING a QB could ever want or need for the last two seasons. NOW it is time for you to do MORE with LESS.

Well, Sanchez responded by STILL being the same sh*t player he's always been all the while RAISING his turnover numbers.

Rex Ryan handled the Sanchez situation PERFECTLY. If you have a child and you are capable of giving him everything he/she could ever want, you would do so. So would I. But, you would want that child to show some RESPONSIBILITY in return. We are never given anything (including children and SANCHEZ) for free. There's always an expectation after you are given everything. That's called LIFE. Sanchez failed at it ANY expectation he's ever been given.

This is a thread about Rex Ryan suckage. Predictably, the Rex Ryan Apologists are steering it into yet another "blame Mark Sanchez!" pile of sh-t. They can't name 10 good things about Rex, so they twist the subject matter back to the quarterback because he's the easy scapegoat. Some of us aren't so gullible.SAR I
    UNDERBLAMING the defense?!

The defense was has been top ten for the last 4 years running. It was number 1 overall in 2009 and number 4 overall in 2010. Those are superlative numbers. The defense actually made Sanchez look a LOT better than he actually was over the last 4 seasons.

And since when did 10 things become the expectation of a good HC? Where do you come up with this sh*t? But what the hell, I'll do it anyway:

1) 34-30 record. A WINNING RECORD.

2) The number 1 defense in 2009. NO ONE better.

3) The number 1 running game in 2009. NO ONE better.

4) MULTIPLE playoff wins in 2009. Including beating Philip Rivers on the road

5) MULTIPLE playoff wins in 2010. Including beating Peyton Manning AND Tom Brady on the road. Those are the two of the best QB's in the game. You CAN'T get any better than that.

6) Doing MORE with LESS by winning multiple playoff games in 2009 with a team that was 9-7 and probably shouldn't have even made the playoffs if not for teams that had already secured their respective playoff spots. They beat teams with records of 10-6 and 13-3 respectively.

7) Top 10 defenses in every single season he's been in NY. Has BB EVER had top 10 defenses in 4 consecutive seasons? NO. Did Parcells? NO.

8) Making it all the way to the AFC Championship in 2009. Something NO ONE in their right minds would have ever thought possible in that year.

9) Making it all the way to the AFC Championship in 2010.

10) Doing all of the above while being on his FIRST Head Coaching stint EVER. Has ANY other HC done as much as Rex has in their first stints as HC? NO.

11) Only ONE losing season in 4 seasons as HC. Was BB able to do that in 5 seasons (one more than Rex Ryan has coached) in his first HCing stint? NO.

I could go on but I don't need to. You asked for 10 and I gave you 11. Even though it's absurd to even demand that much. It's a subjective matter.

So take your criticisms of Rex and cram them. Like I already said, you can b*tch all the live long day about Rex and it would be complete HOGWASH. Woody Johnson is keeping Rex Ryan as his HC specifically because of the things I just mentioned. And rightfully so.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 01-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    enough acumen to know that if you are going to fire the GM, and lose most of your coaching staff, then you also need to fire the person who was equally responsible for the mess the franchise is now in.

enough acumen to understand that no candidate worth their salt is going to accept the job knowing that they a. must keep the coach and (more importantly) b. knows that the owner wants the coach to be in charge of you. A coach who has proven that he can coach players far better then he can pick them and the only thing he knows about offense is how to stop it (and that includes his own).

enough acumen to know that the offense was a major issue and needs a good offensive coordinator. Yet no coordinator worth their salt will come here knowing that there is a very real possibility that he will be unemployed and uprooted in 12 months.

Yes, the owner should hire the right people, open the check books and then get out of the way. And, of course, we do not wan't a moron like Jerry Jones in power (Daniel Synder has finally gotten it right; he hired a two-time super bowl winning coach, opened his check book and got the hell out of the way). Our moron owner hired a clown as a head coach, left him in control and defends him blindly. Ryan, along with tannenbaum, chose the players to draft and sign, picked the coaching staff (including an offensive coordinator that has been fired) and acted like a clown. It does not have to be an either or choice; Woody or Jerry Jones. There are owners like Rooney and Kraft that get it. Hell, the new jaguars owner even looks like he has a better clue then Woody. He let his GM run the show, and what a concept that is....

Here is a prediction predicated on the tone-deaf management of woody johnson;

GM: Scott Cohen
    OC: Cam Cameron

And we will be stuck with them (a fired OC who was run off a playoff team and a newbie GM who was part of the problem around here) all to make the head coach happy. The same coach who helped put us in the position we are now in.

The spin will be that Cohen is the best candidate because he works well with the coach. The reality is that no GM candidate worth their salt will take this job with the cartoon preconditions set forth by a clueless owner. Cameron will be hailed as the next great offensive mind (like sparano was less then 12 months ago), despite being fired before the season has even ended. Of course, the reality will be that he had no other offensive coordinator opportunites.
    Whiny SOJFs wouldn't know acumen from acupuncture or cumin let alone who's "worth their salt"

No one knows what mix of players coaches or organization will lead to winning in any sport, or not.

The previously thrice failed manager named Joe Torre that no Yankee fan wanted for example

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Stop making bullsh*t excuses for Mark Sanchez and disguising them as "the truth". That's a crock of sh*t.

What he stated was a FACT. 22 year old or 32 year old doesn't matter in the NFL. It's called PERFORM because you never know when you'll get another chance. You have to make the most of your opportunities. Sanchez was given multiple opportunities, for which he f*cked up each and every time.

A bunch of scrubs my A$$. Do you exaggerate much? They had Jeremy Kerley AND Dustin Keller. And Dustin Keller, I might add, was always Sanchez's safety outlet. Yet, he couldn't even utilize him appropriately.

And even if you want to go that route, arguing that REX is to blame for your perceived lack of talent on offense, hanging Sanchez out to dry, you'd be wrong anyway. MIKE TANNENBAUM gathers the talent for the team. Rex Ryan COACHES the talent. You're twisting things here. Tell the truth.

This is such crap I don't even no where to begin. Mark sanchez was the starting QB for the last 4 seasons. His first two seasons he was coddled like no other QB has ever seen. Sanchez responded by playing like sh*t and being a turnover machine.

THEN, after two years of being coddled, Rex Ryan decided it was time for him to take the training wheels off Sanchez. It was time for him to MAN UP. You've been given EVERYTHING a QB could ever want or need for the last two seasons. NOW it is time for you to do MORE with LESS.

Well, Sanchez responded by STILL being the same sh*t player he's always been all the while RAISING his turnover numbers.

Rex Ryan handled the Sanchez situation PERFECTLY. If you have a child and you are capable of giving him everything he/she could ever want, you would do so. So would I. But, you would want that child to show some RESPONSIBILITY in return. We are never given anything (including children and SANCHEZ) for free. There's always an expectation after you are given everything. That's called LIFE. Sanchez failed at it ANY expectation he's ever been given.

The defense was has been top ten for the last 4 years running. It was number 1 overall in 2009 and number 4 overall in 2010. Those are superlative numbers. The defense actually made Sanchez look a LOT better than he actually was over the last 4 seasons.

And since when did 10 things become the expectation of a good HC? Where do you come up with this sh*t? But what the hell, I'll do it anyway:

5) MULTIPLE playoff wins in 2010. Including beating Peyton Manning AND Tom Brady on the road. Those are the two of the best QB's in the game. You CAN'T get any better than that.

6) Doing MORE with LESS by winning multiple playoff games in 2009 with a team that was 9-7 and probably shouldn't have even made the playoffs if not for teams that had already secured their respective playoff spots. They beat teams with records of 10-6 and 13-3 respectively.

7) Top 10 defenses in every single season he's been in NY. Has BB EVER had top 10 defenses in 4 consecutive seasons? NO. Did Parcells? NO.

8) Making it all the way to the AFC Championship in 2009. Something NO ONE in their right minds would have ever thought possible in that year.

10) Doing all of the above while being on his FIRST Head Coaching stint EVER. Has ANY other HC done as much as Rex has in their first stints as HC? NO.

11) Only ONE losing season in 4 seasons as HC. Was BB able to do that in 5 seasons (one more than Rex Ryan has coached) in his first HCing stint? NO.

I could go on but I don't need to. You asked for 10 and I gave you 11. Even though it's absurd to even demand that much. It's a subjective matter.

So take your criticisms of Rex and cram them. Like I already said, you can b*tch all the live long day about Rex and it would be complete HOGWASH. Woody Johnson is keeping Rex Ryan as his HC specifically because of the things I just mentioned. And rightfully so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Whiny SOJFs wouldn't know acumen from acupuncture or cumin let alone who's "worth their salt"

No one knows what mix of players coaches or organization will lead to winning in any sport, or not.

The previously thrice failed manager named Joe Torre that no Yankee fan wanted for example

Do you truly believe Rex handled the Sanchez situation perfectly. Sanchez was given nothing by Rex, the first two years Sanchez was decent because the Jets had an OLine and running game suited to the ground & pound , the only offense Rex knew how to run and the only offense he openly wanted.

Year 3 the ground & pound faltered , LT slowed down Greene was exposed for what he is an average back the Oline (Mangold injuries, Wayne Hunter) sprung leaks and lets look at the great weapons Sanchez had

1) Kerley - an inconsistent rookie
    2) Plax - a good redzone target period, could not get open or run a route otherwise
    3) Holmes - great when he got the ball, uninterested and pouted otherwise, plus D's doubled him making his much less effective
    4) Keller, sure he was Sanchez's outlet who else could he throw to, plus with the lack of time he had , the checkdown was his best friend. But lets be honest Keller can't block a wet tissue not great for a supposed #1 TE.

Year 4 , do I even have to go there : Powell/Greene ground & pound - that's funny. Wr's Mardy Gilyard, Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates , Stephen stonehand Hill(who by the way think will mature into a good wr).

Yes, its clear to see Sanchez has gotten absolutely everything he needed to succeed. While I don't want Rex fired he has to get his head out of his ass and realize games are won by passing today , all the rules favor a passing offense.

If Sanchez had been given any semblance of a passing offense the Jets may have made the SB in year 1&2 and might have had a fighting chance the past two years. Instead everyone wants to read the boxscores 2 ints and a fumble or listen to the media - Sanchez can't win the big game the to realize what the real problem is the offensive philosophy

I did not ask you for a history lesson. I did not ask you to list the things Rex Ryan did with Eric Mangini's team in 2009 and 2010.

What I asked you to do was provide a Top 10 list of the reasons why Rex Ryan is a good head coach today, and the right man to lead a rebuilding Jets squad.

Try again:

The Top 10 Reasons Rex Ryan Is The Right Coach For The 2013 Jets:

HINT: Things that are traits of a good head coach. Like clock management, timeout management, player development, drafting well, halftime adjustments, being proficient in all phases of the game, keeping the team on an even keel, locker room management, etc.

The onus is on you.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-12-2013 at 03:43 PM.

I did not ask you for a history lesson. I did not ask you to list the things Rex Ryan did with Eric Mangini's team in 2009 and 2010.

What I asked you to do was provide a Top 10 list of the reasons why Rex Ryan is a good head coach today, and the right man to lead a rebuilding Jets squad.

Try again:

The onus is on you.

SAR I
    hahaha you dont want a history lesson yet to even attempt to defend sanchez you cite a few plays 09,10. No one wants to play your silly little game because anyone who says Mark sanchez is good and is " winner" is not sane enough for a logical debate. We know you blame rex for your boy Sanchez turning into the worst qb in the NFL. I think you hate rex more after learning of his tattoo, because you have a mark tattoo only wearing a #6 jersey..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    hahaha you dont want a history lesson yet to even attempt to defend sanchez you cite a few plays 09,10. No one wants to play your silly little game because anyone who says Mark sanchez is good and is " winner" is not sane enough for a logical debate. We know you blame rex for your boy Sanchez turning into the worst qb in the NFL. I think you hate rex more after learning of his tattoo, because you have a mark tattoo only wearing a #6 jersey..
    Mark Sanchez only had offensive support in 2009 and 2010 because Rex Ryan pulled his talented playmakers in 2011 and 2012.

Rex Ryan controlled the entire football operation utilizing Eric Mangini's players in 2009 and 2010 and put his 'stamp' on this team with his own roster in 2011 and 2012.

That's why you judge Ryan post-2010 and why you judge Sanchez pre-2011.

Savvy?

SAR I

David Lee is being interviewed for OC.

This negates any faith anybody has for Rex Ryan. He still thinks the Wildcat is hard to stop. The guy is a DC in over his head who road the coat tails of Mangini's roster.

Enough with this crap. Half the "success" from '09 and '10 should be attributed to Mangini for assembling that roster.

And success is in quotes because I'm not a SOJF and I want to see this team win a Super Bowl at some point. Thinking defense first will do that today is beyond derp.

Mark Sanchez only had offensive support in 2009 and 2010 because Rex Ryan pulled his talented playmakers in 2011 and 2012.

Rex Ryan controlled the entire football operation utilizing Eric Mangini's players in 2009 and 2010 and put his 'stamp' on this team with his own roster in 2011 and 2012.

That's why you judge Ryan post-2010 and why you judge Sanchez pre-2011.

Savvy?

SAR I
    07,08 jets defense ranked 16th and 18th overall under mangini.

Rex took those same players "Mangini's player and with his Defensive designs turned Jets into #1 defense in the NFL.

Savvy?

Rex took those same players "Mangini's player and with his Defensive designs turned Jets into #1 defense in the NFL.

Savvy?
    Nobody can argue that Rex is a top 3 defensive mind in the NFL.

However, that does not mean he's a good head coach.

Savvy?
    The 2011 and, moreso, the 2012 teams were 100% Rex Ryan's baby. No more settling for Mangini's holdovers, every single roster spot exactly what Rex Ryan wanted.

And those were our worst teams. But forget that, chief. How about you take a crack at the Top 10 list? Should be easy, I mean, for such a great coach.

The onus is on you to show how he's the right coach for this Jets team. No history lessons. Talk to me about the present.

SAR I

The 2011 and, moreso, the 2012 teams were 100% Rex Ryan's baby. No more settling for Mangini's holdovers, every single roster spot exactly what Rex Ryan wanted.

And those were our worst teams. But forget that, chief. How about you take a crack at the Top 10 list? Should be easy, I mean, for such a great coach.

The onus is on you to show how he's the right coach for this Jets team. No history lessons. Talk to me about the present.

SAR I
    That was a rebuttal? lol.. you didnt even address my counter arguement about your farce claim Rex's D was only good because they were "mangini's players" Lets try again chief- Rex turning mangini's exact same Defense give or take 2-3 roll players, and turns it into the #1 defense in the NFL in 09. The same roster was ranked 16th and 18th in 07,08 under Mangini. You didnt rebutt because you cannot and you are the farce not your farce claims.

That was a rebuttal? lol.. you didnt even address my counter arguement about your farce claim Rex's D was only good because they were "mangini's players" Lets try again chief- Rex turning mangini's exact same Defense give or take 2-3 roll players, and turns it into the #1 defense in the NFL in 09. The same roster was ranked 16th and 18th in 07,08 under Mangini. You didnt rebutt because you cannot and you are the farce not your farce claims.
    I have no bone in this fight, but you are supporting his argument. Rex had better defenses with someone else's rosters... As a HC he revamps the roster to where he wants in for 2011 and 20012 and they are a worse ranked Defense and disaster on offense... Rex is a great DC...His HC ability is debatable at best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Nobody can argue that Rex is a top 3 defensive mind in the NFL.

However, that does not mean he's a good head coach.
    Can I get an Amen!......why so many on this board confuse being a very good DC with being a good HC I don't fathom. There are a plethera of examples where a good OC/DC has been a bust as a HC. Actually it's in the family tree with Rex. Rex certainly has NOT been a good HC. The team has de-evolved right before all of our eyes under Rex's supposedly good head coaching. He admitted "losing the pulse" of the team, poor judge of talent, poor judge of coaches, loyal to a fault, clueless on running/overseeing an offense, and IMO had Mangini been given another year or two I believe he would've taken the team that Rex "inherited" just as far. We'll never know that one way or the other.

Rex Ryan did a decent job in 2009 and 2010. Let's pretend for a moment that Rex Ryan was masterful in those two seasons, wow, Hall Of Famer. Okay?

It's 2013. Why is Rex Ryan the right coach for disaster of a team that he himself created? Ten examples of things that head coaches are good at and Rex Ryan excels at.

Stuff like: Clock management, playcalling, halftime adjustments, motivation, preparation, offense, special teams, picking players, developing young draft choices, etc. etc.

Let's have it. Top Ten. Let's go.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I have no bone in this fight, but you are supporting his argument. Rex had better defenses with someone else's rosters... As a HC he revamps the roster to where he wants in for 2011 and 20012 and they are a worse ranked Defense and disaster on offense... Rex is a great DC...His HC ability is debatable at best!!!
    Supporting his arguement? i dont see how any way you could come up with that but if your on his team I do.. The question is why couldnt Mangini get his defense to be ranked any better than 16th? if Rex in his 1st year could make the same team #1? He was making the point Rex could only do that because they were "mangini's players" yet mangini had them ranked in the bottom half of the NFL. Which means Rex was the difference, not the players.

The Defense dropped a bit in 11,12. But ranked 5th and 8th overall is still pretty good. Especially when you have a qb who transformed his bad habits into being below average to bad last year, to the worst in the league this year. Im not going to waste my time looking it up but its a fact the D takes more series when the O is going 3 and out every other series, so ofcourse that gives opponents many more chances to rack up yards and points. Mark put the D in terrible field positions with his fumbles,butt or not, INTs, grossly off target throws on 3rd down. Losing 1 of the best defensive players in the NFL hurt a bit too..

Lol to the guy that said Mangini would have taken Jets farther.. He had his chances.. He didnt know how to run a defense, and didnt have the O doing great either.. We only won those playoff games because of D, not our wimp of a qb.. Rex does need help with the O, no arguement from me there. And has had two terrible OCs, and a terrible GM who could not form a winning fantasy team. Those who claim Rex isnt a well respected coach dont have a clue. Ask current and former players, Rex gets the most out of them.

Bottom line is you dont get anywhere in the NFL without a good qb. If you have a great D, you can get by with an average qb we all hoped mark would become.. He has regressed into the worst qb in the NFL. Even if we had the best defense in history it cant solve that problem. Its amazing we won 6 games with Mark Sanchez..

We removed the worst gm in the league who left us a big dump for next year.. If we remove the worst qb in the league, and replace them with just "average" we will be back in the playoffs with Rex. Hopefully we get a qb who is above average in a yr or 2 and can then can compete for superbowl.

Supporting his arguement? i dont see how any way you could come up with that but if your on his team I do.. The question is why couldnt Mangini get his defense to be ranked any better than 16th? if Rex in his 1st year could make the same team #1? He was making the point Rex could only do that because they were "mangini's players" yet mangini had them ranked in the bottom half of the NFL. Which means Rex was the difference, not the players.

The Defense dropped a bit in 11,12. But ranked 5th and 8th overall is still pretty good. Especially when you have a qb who transformed his bad habits into being below average to bad last year, to the worst in the league this year. Im not going to waste my time looking it up but its a fact the D takes more series when the O is going 3 and out every other series, so ofcourse that gives opponents many more chances to rack up yards and points. Mark put the D in terrible field positions with his fumbles,butt or not, INTs, grossly off target throws on 3rd down. Losing 1 of the best defensive players in the NFL hurt a bit too..

Lol to the guy that said Mangini would have taken Jets farther.. He had his chances.. He didnt know how to run a defense, and didnt have the O doing great either.. We only won those playoff games because of D, not our wimp of a qb.. Rex does need help with the O, no arguement from me there. And has had two terrible OCs, and a terrible GM who could not form a winning fantasy team. Those who claim Rex isnt a well respected coach dont have a clue. Ask current and former players, Rex gets the most out of them.

Bottom line is you dont get anywhere in the NFL without a good qb. If you have a great D, you can get by with an average qb we all hoped mark would become.. He has regressed into the worst qb in the NFL. Even if we had the best defense in history it cant solve that problem. Its amazing we won 6 games with Mark Sanchez..

We removed the worst gm in the league who left us a big dump for next year.. If we remove the worst qb in the league, and replace them with just "average" we will be back in the playoffs with Rex. Hopefully we get a qb who is above average in a yr or 2 and can then can compete for superbowl.

I believe the SAR has two points...

1. The only success Rex has seen as a head coach is when his roster was built by the previous coach.

2. Over that 4 year span... The Jets statistical rankings have only gotten worse as he continued to mold the roster to his liking. Further that while Rex is one hell of a DC, what attributes have you seen in his 4 years that makes you believe he is the right man to coach this team going forward.

If I am reading you correctly, you feel over the past 4 years that you have seen things that indicate he is the right guy. He is just asking you to list 10 common traits found in quality head coaches that Rex brings to the table... I tried to do it in my head and failed miserably. I could only come up with the following:

1. Excellent Defensive philosophy particularly with regard to slowing down franchise QBs. I have seen his D stymie Rodgers and slow down Brady and Manning ( 2010 Playoffs)

2. Motivator. His players like him and play hard for him. You hear it in quotes from players and can see it on the field. Sure they lost the last three games this year but some of that is just that the fight was often so up hill due to our offensive offense.

3. He is not afraid to figure out his shortcomings and try to improve. While there is no way to know this for sure, I believe it! I see it in his eyes

That is all I could come up with...
    I don't think he develops players well.
    I think he is loyal to a fault.
    He often fails at clock management.
    Has lost the pulse of his team in the past.
    Has relied to much on his defense often over evaluating and making poor offensive decisions as a result.
    Poor roster management
    Doesn't hold players accountable.
    Has acted unprofessional in many instances.

to name a few....

He is going to be around for awhile... Hopefully Woody sees something in him many of us are missing. Howerver, nobody has been able to list 10 good reason why he is the best guy for the job... I would love to see that list!!!