Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Simple Truth

  1. #1

    Simple Truth

    Woody Johnson is a bad owner. This team will not win a Super Bowl until he sells it or is too senile to run it and the inmates start running the asylum.

    That's all there is to it.

    Proof?

    Well how about this:

    He spent 1.8 Billion dollars on a stadium that doesn't have a retractable roof and essentially no features of note.

    I could say more but I won't.

    Woody Johnson will never lead this franchise beyond what we have seen unless he completely removes himself from the equation.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,364
    So your proof that Woody is a bad owner is that he couldn't get a roof on Met Life stadium?


    Makes perfect sense to me.

  3. #3
    then stop rooting for the team and talking about the Jets online until he's no longer the owner.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,556
    Woody Johnson is probably the best owner in all pro sports.

  5. #5
    SIMPLE TRUTH

    This site provides more than sufficient evidence that Jet fans as a whole don't DESERVE a SB-winning franchise . . .

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Woody Johnson is a bad owner. This team will not win a Super Bowl until he sells it or is too senile to run it and the inmates start running the asylum.

    That's all there is to it.

    Proof?

    Well how about this:

    He spent 1.8 Billion dollars on a stadium that doesn't have a retractable roof and essentially no features of note.

    I could say more but I won't.

    Woody Johnson will never lead this franchise beyond what we have seen unless he completely removes himself from the equation.
    Huh? Woody didn't build this stadium singlehandedly. The Giants and Jets were partners. Do the Giants have bad owners?

  7. #7
    I've never seen you post this before.....thank you for starting a thread stating this so everyone can see.....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    So your proof that Woody is a bad owner is that he couldn't get a roof on Met Life stadium?


    Makes perfect sense to me.

    You want more?

    "Johnson is the Chairman and Chief Executive of the Johnson Company, Inc., a private investment firm founded in 1978. In August 2006, Johnson was asked to testify before a Senate panel about his participation in a sham tax shelter. A Senate report said that Johnson, along with a few others, were able to buy, for relatively small fees, roughly $2 billion in capital losses that they used to erase taxable gains they garnered from stock sales. The U.S. Treasury lost an estimated $300 million in revenue as a result. In a statement, Johnson said he had been advised by his lawyers in 2000 that the transaction "was consistent with the Tax Code." But after the Internal Revenue Service challenged that view in 2003, Johnson this year "settled with the IRS and agreed to pay 100 percent of the tax due plus interest.""

    Basically, aside from what he's inherited, Woody Johnson is a failure.

    So far, aside from Mangini (who largely assembled the 2009 and 2010 Jets), this is looking similar.

    Want more?

    And yeah, it's a joke, 1.8 billion, and no roof. Dallas spent a little more than half for a roofed stadium with a 50 yard HD Video screen and a higher capacity with actual character.

  9. #9
    What the hell is your point?

    You can't get rid of an owner. If you think Woody is actually a bad owner then I don't think you pay enough attention to sports in general because there are a ton worse.

    And Woody had nothing to do with why we couldn't win those championship games.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    What the hell is your point?

    You can't get rid of an owner. If you think Woody is actually a bad owner then I don't think you pay enough attention to sports in general because there are a ton worse.

    And Woody had nothing to do with why we couldn't win those championship games.
    Woody hired Rex. Rex lost those games. Rex killed Thomas Jones by drafting Sanchez with Tannenbaum. He killed LT by sticking with Sanchez.

    This team lost those games because Rex was hired.

    My point is that it's stupid to think that it won't be 5-7 years before this team is even decent again.

    That's the ****ing point. And the owner is too stupid to realize that which then trickles down via mandates to the GM who doesn't build a team properly:

    Which can include tanking years to INSURE you get a top-flight QB to actually build a team around.

    The last #1 overall pick to bust was Bradford, who was a forced #1 pick. A year later and he's not the #1 pick. Understanding the difference by somebody actually invested in learning (Woody isn't) leads to a cycle of Band-Aids, bad contracts, and continual mediocrity, breeding a fan base that views conference championship game appearances as acceptable.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 01-10-2013 at 03:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WARREN,R.I.
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

    And yeah, it's a joke, 1.8 billion, and no roof. Dallas spent a little more than half for a roofed stadium with a 50 yard HD Video screen and a higher capacity with actual character.
    HA! We could'nt get those with 2 NY Teams

  12. #12
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,736
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

    And yeah, it's a joke, 1.8 billion, and no roof. Dallas spent a little more than half for a roofed stadium with a 50 yard HD Video screen and a higher capacity with actual character.
    Union Labor, it ain't cheap.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Woody Johnson is a bad owner. This team will not win a Super Bowl until he sells it or is too senile to run it and the inmates start running the asylum.

    That's all there is to it.

    Proof?

    Well how about this:

    He spent 1.8 Billion dollars on a stadium that doesn't have a retractable roof and essentially no features of note.

    I could say more but I won't.

    Woody Johnson will never lead this franchise beyond what we have seen unless he completely removes himself from the equation.

    lol - this made me chuckle
    thank you

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Woody Johnson is probably the best owner in all pro sports.

    LOL.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    What the hell is your point?

    You can't get rid of an owner. If you think Woody is actually a bad owner then I don't think you pay enough attention to sports in general because there are a ton worse.

    And Woody had nothing to do with why we couldn't win those championship games.
    Yes he did. If the Jets had had a better QB (i.e. Brett Favre) they'd be sporting a Lombardi trophy. Favre hightailed it out of here because he wanted nothing to do with Schottenheimer as OC. For some bizarre reason Woody was wedded to Schitthead. He should have ' promoted' him to Ass't GM or some other jobless title and let Favre be the OC or let him pick one of his choosing. As it turned out the Jets were forced to draft a QB in the pathetic 2009 draft and the rest is history.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,292
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Woody Johnson is a bad owner. This team will not win a Super Bowl until he sells it or is too senile to run it and the inmates start running the asylum.

    That's all there is to it.

    Proof?

    Well how about this:

    He spent 1.8 Billion dollars on a stadium that doesn't have a retractable roof and essentially no features of note.

    I could say more but I won't.

    Woody Johnson will never lead this franchise beyond what we have seen unless he completely removes himself from the equation.
    The stadium cost 1.6 Billion and is shared cost with the Giants. During the building of it the cost doubled and schedules slipped because of NY and NJ politics with the unions. The value of the property also sky rocketed during the delays before the ink was signed.

    The estimates for the retractable roof were prohibitive using union workers.
    Don't blame Woody for not writing a blank check as the PSLs would certainly have doubled with a roof.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yes he did. If the Jets had had a better QB (i.e. Brett Favre) they'd be sporting a Lombardi trophy. Favre hightailed it out of here because he wanted nothing to do with Schottenheimer as OC. For some bizarre reason Woody was wedded to Schitthead. He should have ' promoted' him to Ass't GM or some other jobless title and let Favre be the OC or let him pick one of his choosing. As it turned out the Jets were forced to draft a QB in the pathetic 2009 draft and the rest is history.

    I don't buy Favre, he was nearly as turnover apt as Sanchez.

    But I do think that a trade for Jason Campbell over the drafting of Sanchez prior to 2009 would have gotten this team to the AFC Championship with a healthy Thomas Jones and a fresher defense.

  18. #18
    Being an out-of-state fan, I can't say I honestly care if the stadium is anything special or not since I don't have the pleasure of being able to go there anyway. But, I've been to neat venues like Minute Maid Park (Astros) and Reliant Stadium, which are both very nice, and I honestly don't care. Personally, I found myself more interested in what's going on in the game than about what's going on around the venue.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yes he did. If the Jets had had a better QB (i.e. Brett Favre) they'd be sporting a Lombardi trophy. Favre hightailed it out of here because he wanted nothing to do with Schottenheimer as OC. For some bizarre reason Woody was wedded to Schitthead. He should have ' promoted' him to Ass't GM or some other jobless title and let Favre be the OC or let him pick one of his choosing. As it turned out the Jets were forced to draft a QB in the pathetic 2009 draft and the rest is history.
    Cmon do you really believe Favre left because of Shotty. The Jets had no playbook that year it was Favres offense because Tanny & Woody thought it would be great to have another has been veteran to sell jersey's , Favre was forced on this team at the last possible moment in perhaps the dumbest move made by the Jets org .

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Being an out-of-state fan, I can't say I honestly care if the stadium is anything special or not since I don't have the pleasure of being able to go there anyway. But, I've been to neat venues like Minute Maid Park (Astros) and Reliant Stadium, which are both very nice, and I honestly don't care. Personally, I found myself more interested in what's going on in the game than about what's going on around the venue.
    What is wrong with you? Young, out of state, get out while you can!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us