Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Truth

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Cmon do you really believe Favre left because of Shotty. The Jets had no playbook that year it was Favres offense because Tanny & Woody thought it would be great to have another has been veteran to sell jersey's , Favre was forced on this team at the last possible moment in perhaps the dumbest move made by the Jets org .
    And he went on to have his best season ever the next year. Yes, yes I do believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What is wrong with you? Young, out of state, get out while you can!!!!!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The stadium cost 1.6 Billion and is shared cost with the Giants. During the building of it the cost doubled and schedules slipped because of NY and NJ politics with the unions. The value of the property also sky rocketed during the delays before the ink was signed.

The estimates for the retractable roof were prohibitive using union workers.
    Don't blame Woody for not writing a blank check as the PSLs would certainly have doubled with a roof.
    Bottom line who the hell wants a roof on a football stadium. The only argument there is to attract a SB which is being held in the stadium regardless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Woody hired Rex. Rex lost those games. Rex killed Thomas Jones by drafting Sanchez with Tannenbaum. He killed LT by sticking with Sanchez.

This team lost those games because Rex was hired.

My point is that it's stupid to think that it won't be 5-7 years before this team is even decent again.

Wait. I get it. You're drunk!

You want more?

"Johnson is the Chairman and Chief Executive of the Johnson Company, Inc., a private investment firm founded in 1978. In August 2006, Johnson was asked to testify before a Senate panel about his participation in a sham tax shelter. A Senate report said that Johnson, along with a few others, were able to buy, for relatively small fees, roughly $2 billion in capital losses that they used to erase taxable gains they garnered from stock sales. The U.S. Treasury lost an estimated $300 million in revenue as a result. In a statement, Johnson said he had been advised by his lawyers in 2000 that the transaction "was consistent with the Tax Code." But after the Internal Revenue Service challenged that view in 2003, Johnson this year "settled with the IRS and agreed to pay 100 percent of the tax due plus interest.""

Basically, aside from what he's inherited, Woody Johnson is a failure.

So far, aside from Mangini (who largely assembled the 2009 and 2010 Jets), this is looking similar.

Want more?

And yeah, it's a joke, 1.8 billion, and no roof. Dallas spent a little more than half for a roofed stadium with a 50 yard HD Video screen and a higher capacity with actual character.
    And if the article you quoted is accurate, a criminal.

And he went on to have his best season ever the next year. Yes, yes I do believe it.
    Favre wanted to get back at GB , it was his grand intention to play in the NFC North against the Packers he used the Jets for a lame duck season nothing more. He never had any intention of staying here regardless of the personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Wait. I get it. You're drunk!
    I wish. Sadly that still really does say 51 turnovers in 30 games.

And sadly Borgo is also 100% correct. He is technically a criminal.

with regard to favre, so was namath and he brought them their only title. the point about interceptions it's not always how many but when. sanchez of late has just been churning them out like they counted for his qb rating.

as for your comments about woody, what on earth do you think you know about woody and what goes on inside the jets? you know nothing just like most other fans. stop degrading woody solely based on innuendo and stupid comments.

I don't buy Favre, he was nearly as turnover apt as Sanchez.

But I do think that a trade for Jason Campbell over the drafting of Sanchez prior to 2009 would have gotten this team to the AFC Championship with a healthy Thomas Jones and a fresher defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I wish. Sadly that still really does say 51 turnovers in 30 games.

And sadly Borgo is also 100% correct. He is technically a criminal.
    What does Sanchez's failures over the last two seasons have to do with how Woody is as an owner?

Let me be clear - I don't think Woody is a good owner. However the reasons that you are listing don't make any sense.

woody is not a criminal based on this. the tax code is very tricky and inconsistent. heck the aholes who own solyndra have no intention of going through bankruptcy because the tax benefits to their holding company are worth far more than if solyndra emerged from bankruptcy as a successful company.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    And if the article you quoted is accurate, a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    woody is not a criminal based on this. the tax code is very tricky and inconsistent. heck the aholes who own solyndra have no intention of going through bankruptcy because the tax benefits to their holding company are worth far more than if solyndra emerged from bankruptcy as a successful company.
    Okay. Sure thing. Guess Woody hired a team of lawyers for laughs. And paid up because "Gee, golly, Mr. IRS. I just misunderstood the tax code."

You or I go to the IRS with that defense and we go away for 20 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Okay. Sure thing. Guess Woody hired a team of lawyers for laughs. And paid up because "Gee, golly, Mr. IRS. I just misunderstood the tax code."

You or I go to the IRS with that defense and we go away for 20 years.
    Exactly. Laws only apply to certain people. Plenty of white collar criminals out there walking around free.

with regard to favre, so was namath and he brought them their only title. the point about interceptions it's not always how many but when. sanchez of late has just been churning them out like they counted for his qb rating.

as for your comments about woody, what on earth do you think you know about woody and what goes on inside the jets? you know nothing just like most other fans. stop degrading woody solely based on innuendo and stupid comments.
    I think a rich guy is treating something like his toy because he's so rich it doesn't matter. I don't buy for a minute that this guy is interested in fielding a true Super Bowl contender and consistent winner.

I am using some deductive reasoning:

When all is said and done, Rex Ryan will be Woody Johnson's Isaiah Thomas.

Remember when Isaiah ran the Knicks?
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 01-10-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Yep and Belichick didn't cheat because Kraft doesn't blow Goodell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA

Hall Of Fame
    The Jets will be a winning franchise when Woody sticks to signing checks ONLY.

Exactly. Laws only apply to certain people. Plenty of white collar criminals out there walking around free.
    Until PM's post, I never heard about Woody's tax "incident". I'm sitting here in shock. How did we not know this?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets will be a winning franchise when Woody sticks to signing checks ONLY.
    Exactly, man. Until he's bored of his toy or too senile (10+ years) to even put forth the effort to meddle with it.

Until PM's post, I never heard about Woody's tax "incident". I'm sitting here in shock. How did we not know this?
    Read his wikipedia page.

That's literally all they have on him, too. He's done nothing except fund some charities, buy the Jets, and fail at the aforementioned business by committing fraud.

Read his wikipedia page.

That's literally all they have on him, too. He's done nothing except fund some charities, buy the Jets, and fail at the aforementioned business by committing fraud.
    Can you believe the nerve of that bastard billionaire... Funding charities... he's despicable.

And wow, he took advice from his lawyers on a tax shelter, then when challenged by the IRS, he paid his taxes!!! OMG! The man's depths know no limits.

Jets Insider VIP
    Woody Johnson is a bad owner. This team will not win a Super Bowl until he sells it or is too senile to run it and the inmates start running the asylum.

That's all there is to it.

Proof?

Well how about this:

He spent 1.8 Billion dollars on a stadium that doesn't have a retractable roof and essentially no features of note.

I could say more but I won't.

Woody Johnson will never lead this franchise beyond what we have seen unless he completely removes himself from the equation.
    Met Life cost 1.6 Billion but it has all kinds of public transportation. Look at Dallas

Because Cowboys Stadium is located in Arlington, Texas, the Cowboys Stadium is the only NFL stadium in the United States without any form of public transportation, including bus, light rail, or people mover systems.[25] The only way to get to the stadium is via car or private shuttle. The stadium is situated in an area of Arlington, Texas that is predominantly residential. Thus, traffic congestion and infrastructure are not adequate to handle the crowds, leading to major delays during events. Many of the neighborhoods in the surrounding areas do not have sidewalks, leading to dangerous situations for pedestrians. The stadium is not near the major urban cores of Fort Worth or Dallas, leading to a diminished fan experience outside the stadium's walls. On September 1, 2012, thousands of fans were forced to wait hours after the Alabama vs Michigan football game for cab rides, due to lack of transportation infrastructure. This led to multiple hour long waits for thousands of event goers.

No one has a perfect solution. And Dallas stadium cost 1.2 Billion in the middle of no where. Where they could get non union labor.