Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville GM Caldwell says Tebow won't be a Jaguar...even if released from NY

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    guess they didnt print up those Tebow Jags jerseys afterall. not much of a market for him, at least in US #whoownhisCFLrights?

GOTTEM.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...ow_cfl_rights/

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Yeah. Not a wise move by him. His answer should have been, "I don't comment about players under contract to another team."
    He obviously wanted to send a message that he's all about winning football games, not appeasing the fans or trying get publicity. Great way to start your tenure as a GM

Interesting....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Not only that but does anyone seriously believe this?....'Mr Kahn and I decided during our 3 interviews that it'd be best that I interview with the Jets twice to help drive up my contract demands'...can you imagine this tool in front of a NY press pack?
    It is not uncommon for an organization to encourage a potential candidate to take other interviews so that they can make a clear educated decision on where they want to go. If it is really your top candidate, then you better be very confident in your offer and situation to do that though. Not surprised he told him to interview with the Jets though. Pretty smart by Khan.

I read the article, but I don't get why the Alouettes would have his rights.

Glad to see the new GM in Jax has knocked some sense into the owner.

Winning > entertainment (and I use that term very very loosely)

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Glad to see the new GM in Jax has knocked some sense into the owner.

Winning > entertainment (and I use that term very very loosely)
    True and I do give him some credit for being sturdy. But that might have just punched the Jaguars' ticket out of Jacksonville. Jaguars need money. Their game attendance is crap.

All Pro
    What gm in there right mind would between the media storm and the fact that he truly sux. It's not a good combo..

Unfortunately for us our gm had to outbid the jags for him..

Sorry tebow nation no real NFL mind thinks he is a QB . Elway was smart trade him at his highest value.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As Kirwan just said TT is under contract with Jets thus other teams can't say anything at all about an interest (at any level) about him.
    He said even if he was released...

God d*mn it! There's not a single move more important than getting this guy off the team.
    Dumping Tebow is more important than finding a GM.

I'm sick of hearing/reading about this guy and his fans. Really looking forward to a "Tebow-free" Jets Insider forum.

In the meantime, can a feature be added to the forum that'll filter out any and all Tebow related threads and comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    True and I do give him some credit for being sturdy. But that might have just punched the Jaguars' ticket out of Jacksonville. Jaguars need money. Their game attendance is crap.
    Winning changes everything.

Other than their blip in 2007, they've been a pretty crappy franchise in the 21st century. Only 3 winning seasons in their last 13.

Oh yeah, that's the first thing on a GM's mind is how can I get Tebow. We will cut him and someome will invite him to camp late in the game and cut him after the first pre-season game and CFL here I come. He's a useless piece of garbage. He has his one year of fame, see ya!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Winning changes everything.

Other than their blip in 2007, they've been a pretty crappy franchise in the 21st century. Only 3 winning seasons in their last 13.
    They have had two playoff seasons: 2005 and 2007

Their personnel is crappy, their best player doesn't want to be there.

It's going to take awhile to fix it. And I don't think they have that time.

Plus look at the division: You have the Colts who are up and coming with Andrew Luck, you have the Texans with their high power offense. And the Titans are okay.

They will run into the same problem that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Josh Freeman are running into.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-10-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    How many times have you heard it's all about the money? If the owner wants Tebow there to sell seats, he'll be there. Even if it's just to stand up, wave his hat and give the people a thrill.

Isn't that tampering to comment on a player under contract to another team?
    No, it is tampering to say that you would want a player on another team. Not that you don't want him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    They have had two playoff seasons: 2005 and 2007

Their personnel is crappy, their best player doesn't want to be there.

It's going to take awhile to fix it. And I don't think they have that time.

Plus look at the division: You have the Colts who are up and coming with Andrew Luck, you have the Texans with their high power offense. And the Titans are okay.

They will run into the same problem that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Josh Freeman are running into.
    Yet Caldwell chose the Jags over the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Yet Caldwell chose the Jags over the Jets.
    So? The Jets are in the same boat and have a tougher cap situation.

All Pro
    Yeah. Not a wise move by him. His answer should have been, "I don't comment about players under contract to another team."
    Rex knows how to shut all this kind of stuff down by saying "I can't answer that as it will constitute tampering per the NFL".

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yes. Kirwan just said you can't state any type of interest / scenario in acquiring a player under contract to another team.
    except he said "no interest"

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    except he said "no interest"
    well no interest is a type of interest.