Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville GM Caldwell says Tebow won't be a Jaguar...even if released from NY

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    God d*mn it! There's not a single move more important than getting this guy off the team.
    Dumping Tebow is more important than finding a GM.

I'm sick of hearing/reading about this guy and his fans. Really looking forward to a "Tebow-free" Jets Insider forum.

In the meantime, can a feature be added to the forum that'll filter out any and all Tebow related threads and comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm a guy who believes that he COULD in fact develop into being a very good QB. I believe that as a "raw" product, he took over a 1-4 team and took them to the playoffs. That if he becomes more consistent with his mechanics, he'll be a pretty potent weapon.

No guarantees. But, to date, he's had a grand total of 16 freaking NFL starts. That's way to early to tell how he'll turn out. FWIW, his stats over those 16 starts were comparable to both Mark Sanchez and Eli Manning's stats over the same number of starts. Who's to say that Tebow could progress as Manning has done, instead of regressing like Sanchez did ?

Seriously, I'll put it in myself. Just give me server access and I'll do it for free.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Did you join this board to defend Tim Tebow? There is plenty of blame to go around, well past just Ryan and Sporano. I don't get your angle.
    I don't have an angle. I'm a Tebow fan, but I didn't join this board to defend him. Kinda thought I'd be talking about the rest of the team instead of one player, but it seems Tebow gets dragged into every freaking thread - not by new fans, but by old fans.

Yeah, yeah I came here for Tebow but didn't plan on falling in love with the team sniff - sniff. Now I'm a true Jets fan, and I can prove it:

I keep coming here even tho I'm hated on, made fun of, called names and derided. Isn't that the very definition of a true Jets fan?

The season is over but I'm still here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, I'll put it in myself. Just give me server access and I'll do it for free.

Hmmmm, this might go over your head, but how about the stunningly brilliant idea of NOT CLICKING on threads that have the word TEBOW in them?

That would be a good place to start

Oh, note the thread subject line:

Jacksonville GM Caldwell says Tebow won't be a Jaguar...even if released from NY

For some reason, I'd have to think that this was kind of a dead giveaway that Tebow would probably be discussed in this thread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, this might go over your head, but how about the stunningly brilliant idea of NOT CLICKING on threads that have the word TEBOW in them?

That would be a good place to start

Oh, note the thread subject line:

Jacksonville GM Caldwell says Tebow won't be a Jaguar...even if released from NY

For some reason, I'd have to think that this was kind of a dead giveaway that Tebow would probably be discussed in this thread.
    If it were only that simple.

Tebow and the Tebow-ites make this season's flu epidemic seem tame. The Tebow virus strain infects all.

All I'm doing is offering to develop the vaccine in the interest of public health (sanity).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow and the Tebow-ites make this season's flu epidemic seem tame. The Tebow virus strain infects all.

All I'm doing is offering to develop the vaccine in the interest of public health (sanity).
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

We know, JI has just been completely run over all year by the massive horde of Tebow fans.

I mean, what are you poor little Jets fans to do. Sniff Sniff.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Her angle is probably that she is a Tebow fan and can't believe that given how craptastic things are here with the Jets, it seems that most posters here have the most vitriol for a guy who did nothing more than give 110% to help the team in whatever way he could, in whatever way he was asked.

Here's just a quick little sample from this thread alone:
    That's exactly why I responded. Not to mention McGinley mentioning both our names and implying that we were no longer active on the board. Add to that the hilarity of being called a "cult" when the forum has about 5 Tebow fans and 4 Jets fans who like Tebow.
    More like a cult of Tebow-haters.

It would be funny if a filter was applied to the threads on the JI, especially if the filter was expanded to include "Teblow", "Teboner", "T-Bag" etc. 90% of the posts on this board would be deleted, and the funny thing is the majority of Tebow posts are by Jets fans who hate Tebow. Oh, the irony.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a guy who believes that he COULD in fact develop into being a very good QB. I believe that as a "raw" product, he took over a 1-4 team and took them to the playoffs. That if he becomes more consistent with his mechanics, he'll be a pretty potent weapon.

No guarantees. But, to date, he's had a grand total of 16 freaking NFL starts. That's way to early to tell how he'll turn out. FWIW, his stats over those 16 starts were comparable to both Mark Sanchez and Eli Manning's stats over the same number of starts. Who's to say that Tebow could progress as Manning has done, instead of regressing like Sanchez did ?
    If Tebow wasn't here, would YOU be here?

I doubt it. You're here because of Tebow.

And when he goes to the CFL, we won't be seeing you around here anymore. What a shame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    These Tebowites are like a bunch of homeless vagabonds waiting and wondering where their next home will be. JI is their homeless shelter right now and we are stuck with them until Timmy is cut. Just ignore their stench and pretend they dont exist.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    These Tebowites are like a bunch of homeless vagabonds waiting and wondering where their next home will be. JI is their homeless shelter right now and we are stuck with them until Timmy is cut. Just ignore their stench and pretend they dont exist.
    The will follow him to the Pats next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

We know, JI has just been completely run over all year by the massive horde of Tebow fans.

I mean, what are you poor little Jets fans to do. Sniff Sniff.
    Your boy Tebow is going to the CFL. Get the **** over it. If you're a real Tebow fan you'd get his Canadian jersey and follow his new team. I'm sure the Montreal Alouettes have a forum you can post on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The will follow him to the Pats next year.
    Tebow to the Pats? You take that back...now!!!
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 01-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Your boy Tebow is going to the CFL. Get the **** over it. If you're a real Tebow fan you'd get his Canadian jersey and follow his new team. I'm sure the Montreal Alouettes have a forum you can post on.
    Yea, but it is probably all in French.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

please please please develop the vaccine. All the tebow supporters literally make me sick to my stomach. I wish they would all just go away with him when he leaves but they probably won't and will blame the Jets for his failures.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yea, but it is probably all in French.
    Rosetta Stone?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    <--- is not really sure what an "Alouette" is

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    <--- is not really sure what an "Alouette" is
    LOL....Here it is.

"Alouette" is a popular French Canadian[1] children's song originating in France about plucking the feathers, eyes, and beak from a lark, in retribution for being woken up by her song.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Tebow to the Pats? You take that back...now!!!
    Not as the B/U qb but as an athlete. I think he can be a 5th rb, 4th HBack/TE, play on the hands team on ST, and we know that Rex thinks he is the best personal punt protector in the whole league.

You can only dress so many guys on Sunday and the guy is more valuable that some guys that "just" do ST. Plus he will be great in the community, and kraft does value that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not as the B/U qb but as an athlete. I think he can be a 5th rb, 4th HBack/TE, play on the hands team on ST, and we know that Rex thinks he is the best personal punt protector in the whole league.

You can only dress so many guys on Sunday and the guy is more valuable that some guys that "just" do ST. Plus he will be great in the community, and kraft does value that.
    Not arguing with your observations but the guy would attract a relentless media freakshow circus...something BB abhors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Not arguing with your observations but the guy would attract a relentless media freakshow circus...something BB abhors.
    Just like every other patriot, he is told to shut up and do your job, Brady and Wilfork do the talking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like every other patriot, he is told to shut up and do your job, Brady and Wilfork do the talking.
    You realize it doesn't matter if he says anything, right? This whole "HUR DUR DOO UR JURB, LOL!" thing doesn't matter when it comes to the media horde that will follow Tebow.