Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville GM Caldwell says Tebow won't be a Jaguar...even if released from NY

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    =

Hall Of Fame
    Not just Tebow. I think the entire franchise is heading to the CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    except Caldwell is bringing Schotty in for a head coach interview
    I LOLed about that, fer sure.

And I hate to say I told you so .....
    Well, not really ...

But I told you that the Jags did not want Tebow and that the majority of the Jags fans don't want Tebow.

And I told you that I would still be here on this board regardless of where Tebow goes. Now suck on my big toe .. suck it real slow ..

As long as he's not a Jet, I don't care whether he's in Canada, Argentina, or Saturn

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Nothing will become of it. Good for Caldwell to nip that whole possible Tebow debacle in the bud.
    My thoughts exactly; that may mean Tebow is on special teams and fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I LOLed about that, fer sure.

And I hate to say I told you so .....
    Well, not really ...

But I told you that the Jags did not want Tebow and that the majority of the Jags fans don't want Tebow.

And I told you that I would still be here on this board regardless of where Tebow goes. Now suck on my big toe .. suck it real slow ..

Just your toe?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    My thoughts exactly; that may mean Tebow is on special teams and fullback.
    Tebow's already an excellent buttback for us.

#ClowneyDaBess

If Alex Smith leaves SF, I think Tebow COULD (like 2% chance) end up in SF. The niners are transforming into an offense that is best suited for Tebow.

But part of me hopes he never plays in the NFL again.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If Alex Smith leaves SF, I think Tebow COULD (like 2% chance) end up in SF. The niners are transforming into an offense that is best suited for Tebow.

But part of me hopes he never plays in the NFL again.
    Why would they want Tebow when they have Kaepernick? Kaepernick is a faster version of Tebow with the addition that he can, you know, throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Why would they want Tebow when they have Kaepernick? Kaepernick is a faster version of Tebow with the addition that he can, you know, throw the ball.
    Because Tebow could actually be a legitimate backup in that scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    A backup, sure. But, to replace Kaepernick? lol.

I think many of the childish remarks geared towards bashing Tebow are downright embarrassing as a jets fan to be honest. I mean the guy is a model citizen and some of you just look at him as a freak because he believes in Jesus Christ. Well most NFL players do as well so I hate to spoil it for you DevilDogs. If you are a true Jets fan than you know Tebow is not the problem here. All he did was be ready to do whatever was asked which wasn't much. Did he perform bad when he did get a chance? I would say he was far more successful than not being that all they asked him to do was run the ball after lining up as a QB when every defense knew exactly what the play was. He didn't fumble or throw critical picks like the other clutz behind center that " gave the jets the best chance to win" did.
    I totally agree that he is more valuable to the jets than Mr Clutz. He isn't a good QB but he is a good football player and does not deserve all the negative comments some of you puke out of your fingertips! I honestly think a good OC will want to keep him on the team as a #3 QB/? and use him in lots of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    eh he is pretty much the same player really just had better coaching. Well if Denver can sign friggen Hanie to be a BU for Manning I wouldn't throw it out. Tebow is more likely to end up a HB on some team though. Someone will want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    eh he is pretty much the same player really just had better coaching. Well if Denver can sign friggen Hanie to be a BU for Manning I wouldn't throw it out. Tebow is more likely to end up a HB on some team though. Someone will want him.
    They're the same player in that they play a similar style. That's where the comparisons end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

How do you figure? The 49ers run an NFL offense, with a few plays designed for the QB to run the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    I think many of the childish remarks geared towards bashing Tebow are downright embarrassing as a jets fan to be honest. I mean the guy is a model citizen and some of you just look at him as a freak because he believes in Jesus Christ.

Uhh.....we look at him as a "freak" because he SUCKS. Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    How do you figure? The 49ers run an NFL offense, with a few plays designed for the QB to run the ball.
    I was hoping a SF coach was reading the thread and would agree. In turn removing the biggest mistake this organization has made possibly ever.

I honestly don't believe the guy belongs on any roster as a QB. But a system that encourages more of a wildcat and/or option scheme would be a "better" fit for him.

Or maybe even on a team that has an established all-pro QB already on the roster. In that case all involved know he'd just be a package player. Not even the backup QB. Invent a new position name for him if needed. My guess is though, a team with a Manning, Brady, or Brees wouldn't want the headache for the coaches and more importantly fans.

Ultimately though, Canada sounds like a great option.

I was hoping a SF coach was reading the thread and would agree. In turn removing the biggest mistake this organization has made possibly ever.

I honestly don't believe the guy belongs on any roster as a QB. But a system that encourages more of a wildcat and/or option scheme would be a "better" fit for him.

Or maybe even on a team that has an established all-pro QB already on the roster. In that case all involved know he'd just be a package player. Not even the backup QB. Invent a new position name for him if needed. My guess is though, a team with a Manning, Brady, or Brees wouldn't want the headache for the coaches and more importantly fans.

How is Canada an option? you know that they dont run the ball much as there is only 3 downs to get a first.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How is Canada an option? you know that they dont run the ball much as there is only 3 downs to get a first.
    Canada, Russia , the moon who the hell cares as long as he s off the jets I don't care where Tebow goes. Get off out team and take the cult with you.