Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville GM Caldwell says Tebow won't be a Jaguar...even if released from NY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that tampering to comment on a player under contract to another team?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Kirwan just said TT is under contract with Jets thus other teams can't say anything at all about an interest (at any level) about him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    WTF is this?

What's got me in a panic is this: I know we are in a real bad way right now, problem is that might be an understatement.

Are the Jags actually mocking the Jets? It's worse than I could ever imagine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he say anything about Sanchez?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As Kirwan just said TT is under contract with Jets thus other teams can't say anything at all about an interest (at any level) about him.
    So technically, he's tampering.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Heard that based on the interviews, GM candidates didn't think the Jaguars were gonna force Tebow on them. Caldwell seemed to back that up

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Isn't that tampering to comment on a player under contract to another team?
    Yes. Kirwan just said you can't state any type of interest / scenario in acquiring a player under contract to another team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Kirwan just said you can't state any type of interest / scenario in acquiring a player under contract to another team.
    In that case, I'm glad we didn't get this guy. How stupid can you be to commit an offence during your opening press conference!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    HUH?
    Read the tweet in the post I commented on. Why the hell would the Jags owner make him interview with us unless he knew how dysfunctional Woody and Rex are.

Perfect strategy. "Mr. Caldwell, I understand your apprehension about the job. Why don't you go to NY and see what they have to offer?" No wonder he signed so quick after his second interview with us.

We're F'd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll just take the Jags' #1 pick, MJD and Marcedes Lewis as comp for the Tebow Tamper, and say no more about it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Read the tweet in the post I commented on. Why the hell would the Jags owner make him interview with us unless he knew how dysfunctional Woody and Rex are.

Perfect strategy. "Mr. Caldwell, I understand your apprehension about the job. Why don't you go to NY and see what they have to offer?" No wonder he signed so quick after his second interview with us.

We're F'd.
    Actually, considering the fact that he committed tampering in his opening press conference, I'm glad we didn't get him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news, it looks like Demos and Suzy won't be a fan of ANY NFL team next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. Not a wise move by him. His answer should have been, "I don't comment about players under contract to another team."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In that case, I'm glad we didn't get this guy. How stupid can you be to commit an offence during your opening press conference!
    Well I'm sure he'll be ok. He said they don't have any interest. He'd be in trouble if he said they had some or will explore it or something like that

He could have phrased it better and said he's under contract to another team so I can't comment but then the media would keep bringing it up

His response appears to say he doesn't want any part of the Tebow circus on his watch. Subject to change. Lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Yeah. Not a wise move by him. His answer should have been, "I don't comment about players under contract to another team."
    Nothing will become of it. Good for Caldwell to nip that whole possible Tebow debacle in the bud.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    guess they didnt print up those Tebow Jags jerseys afterall. not much of a market for him, at least in US #whoownhisCFLrights?

GOTTEM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Nothing will become of it. Good for Caldwell to nip that whole possible Tebow debacle in the bud.
    Remember we are under the watch of Roger "Iron Fist" Goodell. Anything can happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, considering the fact that he committed tampering in his opening press conference, I'm glad we didn't get him.
    Not only that but does anyone seriously believe this?....'Mr Kahn and I decided during our 3 interviews that it'd be best that I interview with the Jets twice to help drive up my contract demands'...can you imagine this tool in front of a NY press pack?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Just my opinion, Tebow will have trouble finding a spot on any NFL roster.
    Yup, he may be out of the league. No one will want the circus that comes with a glorified punt protector. No QB, not even Brady, wants to deal with his drama in the background.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curious thought....if the Jets hire Popp and he brings in Trestman as OC, then Tebow's best chance of becoming a starting QB might be with....the Jets.