Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy Hypothetical Tebow Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Cut Sanchez and let Edwards go home and end the clown show already. Tebow is more likely to find anther job then either of those two duds.
    Edwards has more talent in one of his nose-hairs than Teblow has in his entire body. If he's not re-signed to a 1-year incentive-laden deal, then the Jets FO would only further prove how right his "IDIOTS" twitter rant was.

Only Suckchez I agree with you on.

0 upside to keeping either one here. I seriously don't understand why any JETS fans still want either of them. Both where trash and headaches here.
    BE was never a headache on the field of play. He was effective and even when he came back this past year, he showed he can STILL be effective.

You saying he's trash is just your opinion which pretty much matters as much as mine, anyway.

But where do you see Jets Fans that actually *want* Suckchez back? Am I missing something here?

Tebow may not be a QB next year somewhere else but he could still be a RB.
    He'd be better off as an FB, not an RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Edwards has more talent in one of his nose-hairs than Teblow has in his entire body. If he's not re-signed to a 1-year incentive-laden deal, then the Jets FO would only further prove how right his "IDIOTS" twitter rant was.

Only Suckchez I agree with you on.

BE was never a headache on the field of play. He was effective and even when he came back this past year, he showed he can STILL be effective.

You saying he's trash is just your opinion which pretty much matters as much as mine, anyway.

But where do you see Jets Fans that actually *want* Suckchez back? Am I missing something here?

He'd be better off as an FB, not an RB.
    See, I don't get why people call for Tim to be a RB and act as though it'd be the greatest idea in the world. Since when did scrambling in the open field when plays break down = executing designed runs?

I think we saw once or twice where he was in at RB as a pass-blocker, but that's pretty much all we saw. I don't even know how effective he'd be at FB since I don't recall him ever being used as a lead blocker at all.

^ Remember when he got Broken Ribs somehow?

You really want someone who would get pounded on constantly with the ball in his hands that gets hurt that easily?

AT least as a Fullback, he wouldn't get the brunt of the hits since they would be focused on getting past him/around him to get to the guy with the ball...

But it's a moot point. He's not going to change his ways....

He wants to be a QB and that will be what kicks him out of the NFL.

All League
    that wouldn't work, kerley would beat him out

Jets Insider VIP
    How about we just cut him and move on?

This team should have two new QB's on the roster come opening day.

One veteran and one rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ Remember when he got Broken Ribs somehow?

You really want someone who would get pounded on constantly with the ball in his hands that gets hurt that easily?

AT least as a Fullback, he wouldn't get the brunt of the hits since they would be focused on getting past him/around him to get to the guy with the ball...

But it's a moot point. He's not going to change his ways....

He wants to be a QB and that will be what kicks him out of the NFL.
    I mean, he's got the body for the position and is physical as all hell. But, it's still a new position, so I just don't know how well he'd do in it. Not that he does well in his current position, but that's not really the point.

Either way, it really doesn't matter. In a few years when Tim is doing college gameday TV, we'll look back on the Tebow era and not a single **** will be given.

What was it that Smokin' Jay Cutler said? "DOOOOOON'T CAAAAAAARE".

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Being divisive is one thing, being a cancer is very different.

Cancers actively cause problems - criticise team mates, put themselves ahead of the team etc. If Tebow were a cancer you'd have heard him criticising Sparano / Rex / Sanchize throughout the season.

And I'm no Tebow supporter, I want him cut. But not because of off the field issues.
    I suppose...if you insist this is something so precisely definable. But my point is if you put Tebow on an NFL roster, you will have some number of his team mates resenting him, and some subset of those folks speaking out against him in a public fashion. I say this with some certainty since it's now happened both on Denver and on the Jets.

Also, you may have Tebow being a diva/baby and stomping his feet saying he won't play in situations you want him in (Wildcat, etc) and, therefore, taking himself out of the lineup.

If you say that's not "clubhouse cancer," then that's cool, and I'll agree. But I think you'd agree it's "****ty" behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I suppose...if you insist this is something so precisely definable. But my point is if you put Tebow on an NFL roster, you will have some number of his team mates resenting him, and some subset of those folks speaking out against him in a public fashion. I say this with some certainty since it's now happened both on Denver and on the Jets.
    Indeed. It's not just that he's popular, either. In Denver, he was given 100% of the credit for what his TEAMMATES were doing. Yea, you can bet that **** got old real quick.

Also, you may have Tebow being a diva/baby and stomping his feet saying he won't play in situations you want him in (Wildcat, etc) and, therefore, taking himself out of the lineup.
    Seems to me like he's willing to play nice as long as he eventually gets his way. Some team player.

If you say that's not "clubhouse cancer," then that's cool, and I'll agree. But I think you'd agree it's "****ty" behaviour.
    Definitely not a "clubhouse cancer", but it IS *****made like no one's business.

The longer Tim's on our roster, the more members of his cult (church) come out and say that we should give him a chance. CUT THE FRIGGIN' BUM AND END THIS NIGHTMARE!!!! More than half of REAL Jets fans don't want him on the team and some never even wanted him in the first place. I also think trading for Teblow may have affected Sanchez mentally. Now we're stuck with both these inept "throwers"- blame Woody. That play where Sanchez threw the ball to Tebum and it hit him the head is the most indicative play of the entire season.