Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Hypothetical Tebow Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Build an offense around him and go all in with the read option in 2013.
    The only thing I'd like to see LESS than this idea.....is simply playing Mark Sanchez again as the #1 QB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    I know the man has absolutely no reason to want to stay in NY at all, but hear me out. If no NFL teams express interest in him I do not see him going to Canada or waiting to be someone's injury emergency signing. What if (and this is a total what if) the new GM gives Tim one last shot in the preseason to gain the starting job. IMO Tebow has shown that he can win in the NFL and he even showed some flashes when given multiple plays in a row at QB (see Pittsburgh, Tennessee). Maybe Rex gives in to the GM in this situation because he wants to keep his job. The irony would be delicious. It's still possible until it isn't...
    Good post.

More Tebow please. The sooner he sees the field the sooner the team will develop a genuine "tough" demeanor, vs. the manufactured all talk no action bull**** displayed this past season.

Pull your head outta your arse Ryan & company.

Just snap the damn football to Tebow & let him create.

Dude is a screamin bargain at his paltry salary.

More Tebow - asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Good post.

More Tebow please. The sooner he sees the field the sooner the team will develop a genuine "tough" demeanor, vs. the manufactured all talk no action bull**** displayed this past season.

Pull your head outta your arse Ryan & company.

Just snap the damn football to Tebow & let him create.

Dude is a screamin bargain at his paltry salary.

More Tebow - asap.
    His contract definitely gives the most bang for the buck. Hey, what do you think about these recent news nuggets:

Turns out players were whispering about how incompetent Sparano was as OC.

Tebow talked to Rex about the lame 2 yard runs up the middle Sparano kept having him run.

Rex said he wanted to use Tebow more but Sparano wouldn't, or Sparano couldn't design outside the box.

At the Presser with Woody, Rex mentioned something about running the pistol.

Does this mean anything? Are the Jets looking for a GM and OC experienced at the pistol?

the jets still have to find either a way to use tebow or get some value for him in a trade. of course they could cut him and that would be the absolute minimum value. i haven't heard if he has any ability as a pass receiver. he is big enough to play tight end and probably wouldn't be much a downgrade from anyone the jets have except keller. one thing tebow seems to be able to do is read the flow of the defense much better than sanchez. so even if he does throw the ball it's at least to the right guy.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Redskins For Tebow?

"Jets have almost zero intention of bringing back Tebow, who has two years left on his contract. They will look to trade him before they cut him. Unless there is a mystery team ó can Tebow run a slower-paced version of the Redskinsí read option offense while RG3 recovers from knee surgery? ó itís hard to figure where he goes next."

--Gary Myers

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    the jets still have to find either a way to use tebow or get some value for him in a trade. of course they could cut him and that would be the absolute minimum value. i haven't heard if he has any ability as a pass receiver. he is big enough to play tight end and probably wouldn't be much a downgrade from anyone the jets have except keller. one thing tebow seems to be able to do is read the flow of the defense much better than sanchez. so even if he does throw the ball it's at least to the right guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSsRn...e_gdata_player

If true...

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Jets have almost zero intention of bringing back Tebow, who has two years left on his contract. They will look to trade him before they cut him. Unless there is a mystery team ó can Tebow run a slower-paced version of the Redskinsí read option offense while RG3 recovers from knee surgery? ó itís hard to figure where he goes next."

--Gary Myers

SAR I
    PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What??? Three year contract? What the HELL was Tanny thinking? Seriously, WTF?
    Did he get a new contract from us, or is he still on his rookie deal? If on his rookie deal, not Tanny's issue. If he was given a new deal ... fair enough, you just traded two draft picks for the guy, no sense letting him walk / renegotiate at end of Year 1 if it suits him.

Either way, the contract is NOT the issue here.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Jack of all trades master of none, Brad Smith comes to mind not Tim Tebow, get rid of him ASAP.

Like I've said so many times before, Tim Tebow could stay on this team is he really wanted to. If he just gave up this obsession he has with being a QB and let the Jets CS coach him up into either a RB or FB. He would make a much bigger impact on every persons life this way and isn't that what Tim Tebow is after?

You make Tim Tebow a FB and you are looking at one of the very best FB's to ever play the game, not to mention his penchant for making big plays. It would truly be a win win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Like I've said so many times before, Tim Tebow could stay on this team is he really wanted to. If he just gave up this obsession he has with being a QB and let the Jets CS coach him up into either a RB or FB. He would make a much bigger impact on every persons life this way and isn't that what Tim Tebow is after?

You make Tim Tebow a FB and you are looking at one of the very best FB's to ever play the game, not to mention his penchant for making big plays. It would truly be a win win.
    What are you basing this on besides nothing?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    The problem with Tebow as an RB is that he doesn't seem to have much lateral agility and quickness. At least compared to NFL RBs (Greene excluded, of course. But compare his wiggle to Bilal Powell. Or McKnight. It's not even close, and they are backup RBs.).

Also, he's not that fast. I think he ran a 4.7 coming out of college, and that was 20 pounds ago

I want to agree since supposedly he's a gamer with heart but the circus surrounding him outweighs whatever he may be able to bring to the field at whatever position. That plus he seems to be clubhouse cancer, drawing out anonymous hate from players on jets and broncos and allegedly asking out of plays
    No way is he a cancer. No Jet player has knocked him. He is friendly with all his teammates and said to be very humble and popular.

Hall Of Fame
    its so pathetic to see all these tebow supporters going nuts over trying to figure out a way he stays on this team and even starts are you kidding me?!? this kid is a loser and will be out of the nfl next yr so get used to it. get ready to go buy your tebow argonauts jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    What are you basing this on besides nothing?
    MaineJet likes to pull **** out of his ass and call them absolute truths. He'll probably follow this up with a direct insult once he sees people dissent from his view. FB requires top notch blocking skills and awareness of who to block, which Tebow has never done in his life. But in MaineJet's eyes those skills don't matter when it comes to the BEST FB EVER!

Tim Tebow was brought here for 2 reason- The hopes of bringing a dynamic element to the offense in the wildcat, which he failed miserably at, and to put some asses in seats and garner some national attention. Well he did that, but the attention has pretty much all been negative and distracting at best. Cutting Tebow saves money against the cap. We need all the money we can get.

Here's a much less crazy idea, Tebow fan:

Cut his ASS and move on. Never has a player been as ridiculously overrated as Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Build an offense around him and go all in with the read option in 2013. We would get 10 wins that way.

But more likely he will be cut and we will go 6-10 again.
    Yes, lets totally redesign our offense for a JAG player. I'm sure the new QB we draft will develop nicely in a read option offense. Unless you want to have 2 seperate offenses, which is unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see LESS than this idea.....is simply playing Mark Sanchez again as the #1 QB.
    Too bad. Mark will be a Jet next year with Rex and he gives us the best chance to win...I have the tattoo to prove it...

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    No way is he a cancer. No Jet player has knocked him. He is friendly with all his teammates and said to be very humble and popular.
    Sure he is. He drew anonymous negative comments from the Jets this year and from Denver last year. And some Denver WRs spoke out against him since. Was it Thomas? I'll look it up when I get home. Also he may have asked out of the wildcat this year. Holmes does it and he's the Antichrist. Tebow does it and it's somehow construed that he was mistreated

Some players may like him, but he is clearly divisive. No other player on the Jets has been talked about like that

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Sure he is. He drew anonymous negative comments from the Jets this year and from Denver last year. And some Denver WRs spoke out against him since. Was it Thomas? I'll look it up when I get home. Also he may have asked out of the wildcat this year. Holmes does it and he's the Antichrist. Tebow does it and it's somehow construed that he was mistreated

Some players may like him, but he is clearly divisive. No other player on the Jets has been talked about like that
    Being divisive is one thing, being a cancer is very different.

Cancers actively cause problems - criticise team mates, put themselves ahead of the team etc. If Tebow were a cancer you'd have heard him criticising Sparano / Rex / Sanchize throughout the season.

And I'm no Tebow supporter, I want him cut. But not because of off the field issues.