Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Hypothetical Tebow Scenario

Crazy Hypothetical Tebow Scenario

I know the man has absolutely no reason to want to stay in NY at all, but hear me out. If no NFL teams express interest in him I do not see him going to Canada or waiting to be someone's injury emergency signing. What if (and this is a total what if) the new GM gives Tim one last shot in the preseason to gain the starting job. IMO Tebow has shown that he can win in the NFL and he even showed some flashes when given multiple plays in a row at QB (see Pittsburgh, Tennessee). Maybe Rex gives in to the GM in this situation because he wants to keep his job. The irony would be delicious. It's still possible until it isn't...
    Last edited by Jetsfan95; 01-10-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    He has a 3 year contract. If he can't be traded then we'll see him next year on special teams and/or backup QB spots.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He has a 3 year contract. If he can't be traded then we'll see him next year on special teams and/or backup QB spots.
    I wouldn't be so sure. We are in cap hell and he is one of the few players that we can save $ on by cutting. His $1.5M can sign Edwards at vet minimum and our 2nd round pick.

All Pro
    What??? Three year contract? What the HELL was Tanny thinking? Seriously, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What??? Three year contract? What the HELL was Tanny thinking? Seriously, WTF?

If we don't cut this jag so that we can sign a legit backup option and waste a roster spot, it'll show just how inept this organization is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Build an offense around him and go all in with the read option in 2013. We would get 10 wins that way.

But more likely he will be cut and we will go 6-10 again.

N0 Phucking way Tebow is here next season. Get him off our team as well as his cult!!!!!!!!!!

No More Teblow.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. We are in cap hell and he is one of the few players that we can save $ on by cutting. His $1.5M can sign Edwards at vet minimum and our 2nd round pick.
    Cut Sanchez and let Edwards go home and end the clown show already. Tebow is more likely to find anther job then either of those two duds. 0 upside to keeping either one here. I seriously don't understand why any JETS fans still want either of them. Both where trash and headaches here. Tebow may not be a QB next year somewhere else but he could still be a RB. I can care less if the Tebowites disagree. Given our RBs next year he may actually be a good option for that 1.5 mil. The draft sucks and we aren't finding a good FA for that. He is at worst worth a look in camp at RB. To save what is left of his career I honestly think he'd be OK with doing it if asked. I have seen him kill my teams way too many times to say he doesn't have the ability to be a play maker in the NFL. I hate the guy but he does have something there.

He did nothing this season, and no other NFL team wants him. So, yes, time to go all in and build a team around him! In fact, let's build an entire team of castaways. We can write a zany theme song and play the Benny Hill music all game long. It just makes sense. Come on, guys, let's do this. The guy WINS! He just WINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Cut Sanchez and let Edwards go home and end the clown show already. Tebow is more likely to find anther job then either of those two duds. 0 upside to keeping either one here. I seriously don't understand why any JETS fans still want either of them. Both where trash and headaches here. Tebow may not be a QB next year somewhere else but he could still be a RB. I can care less if the Tebowites disagree. Given our RBs next year he may actually be a good option for that 1.5 mil. The draft sucks and we aren't finding a good FA for that. He is at worst worth a look in camp at RB. To save what is left of his career I honestly think he'd be OK with doing it if asked. I have seen him kill my teams way too many times to say he doesn't have the ability to be a play maker in the NFL. I hate the guy but he does have something there.
    The problem with Tebow as an RB is that he doesn't seem to have much lateral agility and quickness. At least compared to NFL RBs (Greene excluded, of course. But compare his wiggle to Bilal Powell. Or McKnight. It's not even close, and they are backup RBs.).

Also, he's not that fast. I think he ran a 4.7 coming out of college, and that was 20 pounds ago

I want to agree since supposedly he's a gamer with heart but the circus surrounding him outweighs whatever he may be able to bring to the field at whatever position. That plus he seems to be clubhouse cancer, drawing out anonymous hate from players on jets and broncos and allegedly asking out of plays

Banned
    Tebow will be cut the day after the Super Bowl. He doesn't even have value as a backup QB, why would the Jets keep him when they can save $1.5 million by cutting him? Plus the new GM will not want to begin his reign by continuing the circus. By no fault of his own of course, but he has been a distraction and this team needs to move on from both QB's as soon as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    He did nothing this season, and no other NFL team wants him. So, yes, time to go all in and build a team around him! In fact, let's build an entire team of castaways. We can write a zany theme song and play the Benny Hill music all game long. It just makes sense. Come on, guys, let's do this. The guy WINS! He just WINS!
    He is quite literally the ONLY player who sucks as hard as anyone can and still has a cult of fans who think exactly like that.

I swear, it's like his cult thinks this is Sarcastaball, where all you have to do is be nice and people will think you're the greatest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    The problem with Tebow as an RB is that he doesn't seem to have much lateral agility and quickness. At least compared to NFL RBs (Greene excluded, of course. But compare his wiggle to Bilal Powell. Or McKnight. It's not even close, and they are backup RBs.).

Also, he's not that fast. I think he ran a 4.7 coming out of college, and that was 20 pounds ago

I want to agree since supposedly he's a gamer with heart but the circus surrounding him outweighs whatever he may be able to bring to the field at whatever position. That plus he seems to be clubhouse cancer, drawing out anonymous hate from players on jets and broncos and allegedly asking out of plays
    The reason people call for him to be a RB is because they don't get that scrambling in the open field isn't the same thing as executing designed runs.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.

This is what makes this board so special... Not the moronic idea that the OP ponders.... It is the awesome, uplifting, and supportive responses that such an insane post inspires!!!!

Which poster is going to start the Vlad Ducasse for QB in 2013 Thread?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    I know the man has absolutely no reason to want to stay in NY at all, but hear me out. If no NFL teams express interest in him I do not see him going to Canada or waiting to be someone's injury emergency signing. What if (and this is a total what if) the new GM gives Tim one last shot in the preseason to gain the starting job. IMO Tebow has shown that he can win in the NFL and he even showed some flashes when given multiple plays in a row at QB (see Pittsburgh, Tennessee). Maybe Rex gives in to the GM in this situation because he wants to keep his job. The irony would be delicious. It's still possible until it isn't...
    Okay. I'll play.

Why do you suddenly think that Tebow will show anything in training camp that would show the coaching staff that they wouldn't have to scrap their playbook and run his college offense in order for him to be half way effective? And what new OC is going to want to do that? Tebow's reportedly a horrible practice player, to the point where the Jets were shocked at how bad he looked. I mean, come on - he made Sanchez look good.

As for Tebow's contract, it was inherited from Denver. The Jets save 1.5 million if they cut him. Considering they dont view him as a QB and 1.5 is a lot for a punt protector, I'm guessing he is cut as soon as he is allowed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Some of the JETS fan-base deserves these current JETS
    Last edited by copernicus; 01-10-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    N0 Phucking way Tebow is here next season. Get him off our team as well as his cult!!!!!!!!!!

No More Teblow.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    This is what makes this board so special... Not the moronic idea that the OP ponders.... It is the awesome, uplifting, and supportive responses that such an insane post inspires!!!!

It's thread like this that make believe in karma and that Jets fans have exactly the team we deserve.

This +10000

Jets Insider VIP

Rex was asked about Tebow and he said all player decisions would be made in concert with the new GM.

I think he could still be here like it or not if he is not traded.

Rex was asked about Tebow and he said all player decisions would be made in concert with the new GM.

I think he could still be here like it or not if he is not traded.
    I think Rex spoke volumes about tebow the last month of the season..

He won't be on the team next season