Post Thanks / Like

Norv to the Browns

SSIA

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
    Here's what I know on CLE situation-- Chud is HC, Norv is coming with him, Norv's son Scott Turner is too...D will move to a 3-4 scheme.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
    Here's what I know on CLE situation-- Chud is HC, Norv is coming with him, Norv's son Scott Turner is too...D will move to a 3-4 scheme.
    Sucks, I was really hoping we would get him...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Browns draft will be very interesting to see.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Sucks, I was really hoping we would get him...
    I hear you, but Norv + Ryan always struck me as a very weird shotgun marriage type of thing. Honestly, the issues with this team - as far as the coach and the available talent - I think it's beyond just bringing in some other system. I think it's going to require some out-of-the-box thinking and I'd like to think that even if Rex doesn't know what that means, it's what he meant with his quotes about an 'attacking' style of offense.

Given this long search and the the unique fit required, I think the odds are good we either get exactly what we need or everything goes instantly to pot. At least. I don't see long muddle-through years ahead.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn it! I wanted Norv. What the hell are we doing? Still interviewing every scrub on the planet this week?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I am upset, I knew we had no shot at getting Norv to come here. No reason to be disappointed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Browns draft will be very interesting to see.
    so Browns hire a bad OC as the HC and he bring a bad HC to be OC

Jets look stable and rational in comparison

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was no way Norv was comin here. Everyone knows Rex is one and done and at this point, Bill Walsh in his prime couldn't save him.

We are going to be bottom feeders with Jim Zorn or Cam Cameron. Because neither one of them will get any other offers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Damn it! I wanted Norv. What the hell are we doing? Still interviewing every scrub on the planet this week?
    Why did you think Rex would hire Norv? Rex said in public that he would have won the SB with the chargers talent. Norv took exception to it and asked where were the rings that Rex promised to win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
    It is a mistake if they change the D AGAIN. They just had a good year on D with a lot of very young talented players. Switching back just sets them back anther 2 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norv was always a pipe dream.

Who are we going to get to run this "attack" offense? What OC wants to be saddled with Sanchez and Tebow? It is a joke.

Put whatever spin you want on it but we have been passed over for the Jags and the Browns in the same day.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-10-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Who are we going to get to run this "attack" offense? What OC wants to be saddled with Sanchez and Tebow? It is a joke.

Put whatever spin you want on it but we have been passed over for the Jags and the Browns in the same day.
    Then why are you here?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Then why are you here?
    The team is a joke. The forum is fantastic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why did you think Rex would hire Norv? Rex said in public that he would have won the SB with the chargers talent. Norv took exception to it and asked where were the rings that Rex promised to win.
    Why don't you get lost and go to a Pats Board, Frontrunner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

It probably is a pipe dream, but Rex's comments are still interesting. The Jets O is nothing at the moment, no identity so I am for trying to dream it up again. Sanchez and Tebow are obstacles a new GM is going to have to work around.

As far as being passed over - who gives a damn. The laughingstock of last year's draft was the Seahawks, but they sure got things right.

For anyone to think that the Jets job is somehow second class - to me that's a joke. The best teams don't have openings If you want to be a GM you go wherever you sense a fit. And when is the last time GM was a one-and-done job?? Any candidate knows that they've got a much longer leash than Rex, so I find that whole line of argument ridiculously overblown.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coaches want to join a NFL team not a circus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    It probably is a pipe dream, but Rex's comments are still interesting. The Jets O is nothing at the moment, no identity so I am for trying to dream it up again. Sanchez and Tebow are obstacles a new GM is going to have to work around.

As far as being passed over - who gives a damn. The laughingstock of last year's draft was the Seahawks, but they sure got things right.

For anyone to think that the Jets job is somehow second class - to me that's a joke. The best teams don't have openings If you want to be a GM you go wherever you sense a fit. And when is the last time GM was a one-and-done job?? Any candidate knows that they've got a much longer leash than Rex, so I find that whole line of argument ridiculously overblown.
    You make good points. But I'm not so sure about the new GM having a longer leash than Rex. Not after that presser.

Maybe we will end up with a "underdog" GM who got passed over himself and he will end up being a great fit. There is a chance. But it is very hard to have faith in this franchise now. My biggest fear is we waste the next 2 or 3 years with Rex and end up right back to where we are now.

Do you really believe this offense is going to get fixed with him as the HC?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That 'circus' thing is played out too. Zzzzzzz

No one had a problem when the Jets were playing well and winning in 2009/10.
    But when the losing starts everyone piles on, don't they? Getting Tebow was a dumb move and the dummy most responsible for that is now gone.

Parcells came here after Kotite - was happy to take the job. Team was an even bigger joke and mess back then.