Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norv to the Browns

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thank God!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Do you really believe this offense is going to get fixed with him as the HC?
    I have to admit, I've never seen anything like this before. A HC really admitting that he doesn't know what to do on offense. And a QB situation that is terrible.

In some ways this almost reminds me of Cowher - who was a strong defensive coach but never had the offense going right until whatever OC they eventually brought in and - really - until they got Big Ben.

It's that kind of thing to me - Rex is a good enough coach to not have a truly terrible team - much like Cowher was. But it's going to take that right fit(s) on the other side of the ball to make this a complete team.

How the new GM starts - hmm, I really wonder. But I really doubt that Rex gets as long as leash as Cowher had.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    That 'circus' thing is played out too. Zzzzzzz

No one had a problem when the Jets were playing well and winning in 2009/10.
    But when the losing starts everyone piles on, don't they? Getting Tebow was a dumb move and the dummy most responsible for that is now gone.

Parcells came here after Kotite - was happy to take the job. Team was an even bigger joke and mess back then.
    If you remove Rex the clown then you no longer have a circus.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    If you remove Rex the clown then you no longer have a circus.
    We've had plenty of non-clown coaches that went 4-12. Not having Rex is not some panacea.

I think he's a pretty fantastic defensive coach. Amid all the problems, there is something right with this team - and I don't really have an issue with giving him another year to show us something (again).

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Coaches want to join a NFL team not a circus.
    Succinct, accurate. Why would Norval Turner raise his hand to coach "under" the Buffoon, and the either cowardly or clueless owner that is Johnson?

What a steaming hot mess...

Banned
    We've had plenty of non-clown coaches that went 4-12. Not having Rex is not some panacea.

I think he's a pretty fantastic defensive coach. Amid all the problems, there is something right with this team - and I don't really have an issue with giving him another year to show us something (again).
    He's a good defensive coach. The problem I have with him is that every time he open his mouth he think the Jets are the best team in the NFL. Yeah, we're 6-10 but every team afraid to play us. What a joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it should be pretty obvious that Norv was always going to follow Chudzinski, especially with it being announced immediately after his hiring.

GM Jim Popp

OC Marc Trestman

That's my ideal scenario in the GM/OC search.

Gives us a football (be it CFL) guru with a strong background in scouting and experience running what basically amounts to the New England Patriots of Canada for the past two decades.

Trestman would also fit the bill as the aggressive offensive mind that Rex is looking for. Not to mention he'd be a strong HC candidate if Rex is let go after next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Sucks, I was really hoping we would get him...
    He would have been great here.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Succinct, accurate. Why would Norval Turner raise his hand to coach "under" the Buffoon, and the either cowardly or clueless owner that is Johnson?

What a steaming hot mess...
    True... It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think it should be pretty obvious that Norv was always going to follow Chudzinski, especially with it being announced immediately after his hiring.

GM Jim Popp

OC Marc Trestman

That's my ideal scenario in the GM/OC search.

Gives us a football (be it CFL) guru with a strong background in scouting and experience running what basically amounts to the New England Patriots of Canada for the past two decades.

Trestman would also fit the bill as the aggressive offensive mind that Rex is looking for. Not to mention he'd be a strong HC candidate if Rex is let go after next season.
    Trestman needs to be a serious OC candidate, especially if Poop may come in. I like the connection and love both resumes.

I like the idea on bringing in both, pending interviews go well as opposed to having two separate candidates. Communication will be much easier. Strategy should be agreed upon a lot easier. It would be more of a team coming into advise especially for offense. And for defense, that shouldn't be a problem as Jets D is good and should fit in quite well.

Yet another causality of having a potential lame duck head coach. As stated millions of times, no difference-making oc was coming here because of the very real possibility that they would be out of work in 12 months.

The only way out of this is for this team to perform so badly in 2013 that it forces the owner to make the correct football moves.

Veteran
    Now, we're getting Cam Cameron. Doooooomed!

Thank god !!! NORV IS THE SANCHEZ OF OF OCs!!!

Chud will be fired in 3 seasons. Norv won't last that long. You'll see. Too much change, not enough patience in Cleveland. Yet half this board wants the Jets to be the same way.

My God

That 'circus' thing is played out too. Zzzzzzz

No one had a problem when the Jets were playing well and winning in 2009/10.
    But when the losing starts everyone piles on, don't they? Getting Tebow was a dumb move and the dummy most responsible for that is now gone.

Parcells came here after Kotite - was happy to take the job. Team was an even bigger joke and mess back then.
    My god,a sober,fact based poster on Jets Insider,how refreshing.If i was sitting next to you, i'd pat you on the back,and buy as many rounds of drinks you wanted.

norv was a joke anyway. he hasn't done anything without a qb and talented skill players.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    My god,a sober,fact based poster on Jets Insider,how refreshing.If i was sitting next to you, i'd pat you on the back,and buy as many rounds of drinks you wanted.
    I think the same way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    so Browns hire a bad OC as the HC and he bring a bad HC to be OC

Jets look stable and rational in comparison
    thank you

I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Now, we're getting Cam Cameron. Doooooomed!
    More likely Hue Jackson, or Mike mullarky.I must admit,im getting a little impatient with this GM search