Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norv to the Browns

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Why don't you get lost and go to a Pats Board, Frontrunner.

We have quite a few opposing fans on the Pats boards and things stay pretty respectful, even with the Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    We have quite a few opposing fans on the Pats boards and things stay pretty respectful, even with the Jets fans.
    Why are you here? And so early in the morning?! You must be a real loser!

A great defensive coach

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    He's a good defensive coach. The problem I have with him is that every time he open his mouth he think the Jets are the best team in the NFL. Yeah, we're 6-10 but every team afraid to play us. What a joke.
    I like rex,i know he has a big mouth,but to be fair,he really toned it down this year,compared to his first two years. After an 8-8 season you would expect him too. If he starts making predictions going into next year, im on the he's a clown bandwagon,trust me.

Why don't you get lost and go to a Pats Board, Frontrunner.
    Why because I never thought that a guy who is considered a top 10 coordinator would not want to work with a HC that embarrassed him publicly.

When Rex said that a lot of the posters here thought it was ok for Rex to say that and were amused. Now I bet that a lot of those guys are not so amused anymore.

Jet fans are finding out that there is a downside to Rex's bravado.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    We've had plenty of non-clown coaches that went 4-12. Not having Rex is not some panacea.

I think he's a pretty fantastic defensive coach. Amid all the problems, there is something right with this team - and I don't really have an issue with giving him another year to show us something (again).
    Rex deserves another shot this year. I don't think any coach should be fired after one losing season.

The Browns just hired a head coach who has been an OC for 2 seasons and is coming off a season where their young QB regressed and they finished 18th in offense. They've hired an OC who's a far superior OC to their head coach.

The Browns also are a team who have not been to the playoffs in a decade, they've gone through 8 QBs in that time and have had 1 (!!) season where they won more than 6 games.

The Browns do have a new owner who used to be a minority owner of the Steelers.

I don't think that's the franchise I want to be emulating.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The Browns just hired a head coach who has been an OC for 2 seasons and is coming off a season where their young QB regressed and they finished 18th in offense. They've hired an OC who's a far superior OC to their head coach.

The Browns also are a team who have not been to the playoffs in a decade, they've gone through 8 QBs in that time and have had 1 (!!) season where they won more than 6 games.

The Browns do have a new owner who used to be a minority owner of the Steelers.

I don't think that's the franchise I want to be emulating.
    I agree with the desire not to emulate the Browns, But the skill set needed to be a HC is not the same as a co-od. why being a superior Co-od would have a bearing on being a HC is a stretch. That is like saying the best engineer should be the eng manager. Bill Parcells is not an Xs and Os guy, Neither was Don Shula or Jimmy Johnson. Tomlin is another guy who is more of a leader than a X and Os guy.

this OC job will be a lot harder to fill with a quality candidate than the GM slot will.. Rex is a lame duck and every OC knows it...

Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    this OC job will be a lot harder to fill with a quality candidate than the GM slot will.. Rex is a lame duck and every OC knows it...
    Bingo

Where's the job security working for Wrecks? He'll likely be gone after '13 and the next HC will want his guys, not Wrecks'. Only bottom of the barrel OC candidates that need a paycheck will take this job. Clearly Woody hasn't thought thru the ramifications of firing up the clown show for one more year. Example....Tony Sporano.......bottom of the barrel candidate and your 2012 OC.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL @ 'Coach Chud'

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I think the same way!!
    I accept!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Most of the Patsies on this board are actually pretty good at bringing an outside perspective. Lord knows we aren't going to get any Bills/Dolph fans (do they exist??) - so I don't mind some other views on what can sometimes be a mentally claustrophobic space.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LOL @ 'Coach Chud'
    It's too bad, he would have for right in with the rest of the pimps and the chuds in NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why because I never thought that a guy who is considered a top 10 coordinator would not want to work with a HC that embarrassed him publicly.

When Rex said that a lot of the posters here thought it was ok for Rex to say that and were amused. Now I bet that a lot of those guys are not so amused anymore.

Jet fans are finding out that there is a downside to Rex's bravado.
    Lol The law of unintended consequences.

Cool. Did not want Norv anyway. His offense is not as relevant as it once was. We need fresher concepts

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    There was no way Norv was comin here. Everyone knows Rex is one and done and at this point, Bill Walsh in his prime couldn't save him.

We are going to be bottom feeders with Jim Zorn or Cam Cameron. Because neither one of them will get any other offers.
    This makes absolutley zero sense. If Rex is going to be one and done the OC or DC can set themselves up as his possible replacement.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Damn it! I wanted Norv. What the hell are we doing? Still interviewing every scrub on the planet this week?
    Yep, and falling behind by the day.

I don't think Norm to the Browns is official yet, even though it does appear that is where he likely will end up.

Another name linked to the Jets is Jim Zorn, currently the QB coach for the Chiefs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who gives a shat about Norv Turner?

I don't think Norm to the Browns is official yet, even though it does appear that is where he likely will end up.

Another name linked to the Jets is Jim Zorn, currently the QB coach for the Chiefs.
    he certainly will not help Sanchez with the fumbling.