Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cam Cameron On The Short List

All Pro

Cam Cameron On The Short List

Where did Cimini come up with this? I checked the Press Conference thread and didn't see it in there. I can't review the whole video of it. Does anyone remember Rex or Woody even hinting such a thing? I know people have speculated about it, but that's not quite the same.
    They already have begun the search for a replacement. Norv Turner and Cam Cameron are on the short list. Ryan, often criticized for caring only about defense, admitted he hasn't done a good job of creating an offensive identity.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-new-beginning
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-11-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Veteran
    If the Jets hire Cameron, Ravens fans will laugh... Dolphins fans will laugh, again... the Jets offense will continue to be near the bottom... and we will have several Sundays next year shaking our heads in disgust and disbelief at the playcalling. This guy is the Baltimore version of Schitty....

He's decent, but I'd really like Gruden for OC.

Polian for GM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    If the Jets hire Cameron, Ravens fans will laugh... Dolphins fans will laugh, again... the Jets offense will continue to be near the bottom... and we will have several Sundays next year shaking our heads in disgust and disbelief at the playcalling. This guy is the Baltimore version of Schitty....
    That's what makes his selection so probable..............

Before anyone worries about cam cameron, you should ask yourself how there could even be a list and if there was how could it get leaked to cimini?

There is currently no FO and Rex would be the only person to have an idea on an OC and he certainly isnt going to tell a reporter.

This is 2013 journalism at its best....make up a list of the first names you see on espn as getting fired, tweet it, and then rip the organization for not getting their "orignal target"

Thats what gets page views and twitter followers.....factual reporting sadly doesnt

Do you get the feeling they're having problems getting people to come to the Jets?

It seems like they're trying to interview everyone who knows how to spell football.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Do you get the feeling they're having problems getting people to come to the Jets?

It seems like they're trying to interview everyone who knows how to spell football.
    They interviewed cam cameron? Or any other OC for that matter?

When, where, how?

Guys, these are names being thrown out with ZERO validity, we have to stop debating what idiots like cimini put out there

Banned
    I'd rather get Hue Jackson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

When, where, how?

Guys, these are names being thrown out with ZERO validity, we have to stop debating what idiots like cimini put out there
    Relax keep in mind JI's favorite exercise, jumping to conclusions..

When, where, how?

While he is a jerk, the reporter did not say that Cameron was interviewed, but Turner and Cameron were on a short list. No one questioned the reporter on turner being on the list but they question Cameron being on the list. He was the OC when Rex was the DC with the ravens in 2008. The guy worked with the guy for a year, i don't see it as a great stretch to view him as a candidate.

Cameron loves throwing down the field and attacking the def. Flacco I think had more attempts over 20yds than any other qb..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    He's decent, but I'd really like Gruden for OC.

Polian for GM.
    Neither of those is happening, Gruden wants a HC gig.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, norv is in clevland. Nobody wants to work for King Buffoon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Agree

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    While he is a jerk, the reporter did not say that Cameron was interviewed, but Turner and Cameron were on a short list. No one questioned the reporter on turner being on the list but they question Cameron being on the list. He was the OC when Rex was the DC with the ravens in 2008. The guy worked with the guy for a year, i don't see it as a great stretch to view him as a candidate.

Cameron loves throwing down the field and attacking the def. Flacco I think had more attempts over 20yds than any other qb..
    My point is there is no way that any reporter knows who is on the list.

It is nothing but speculation, just like you wrote above.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Well like Cam Cameron he coached with Rex for a year with the Ravens. Being an ex HC he would probably welcome the autonomy that working with Rex would bring. His experiences certainly position him well for the job.

I would think that he would bring in Campbell as he did with the raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

It's a 1 year job....what kind of quality do you expect.
    The Jets' weapons are horrendous, what kind of quality do you expect.

Jets Insider VIP
    Before anyone worries about cam cameron, you should ask yourself how there could even be a list and if there was how could it get leaked to cimini?

There is currently no FO and Rex would be the only person to have an idea on an OC and he certainly isnt going to tell a reporter.

This is 2013 journalism at its best....make up a list of the first names you see on espn as getting fired, tweet it, and then rip the organization for not getting their "orignal target"

Thats what gets page views and twitter followers.....factual reporting sadly doesnt
    +1 anything to write a column. Right now there is no news on the GM.

Banned
    Well like Cam Cameron he coached with Rex for a year with the Ravens. Being an ex HC he would probably welcome the autonomy that working with Rex would bring. His experiences certainly position him well for the job.

I agree. Campbell actually wasn't bad when Jackson coached him. They ran a top 10 offense together.

Rex says the offense will emulate his personality......Do you really think after this statement that he will allow an OC to operate autonomously