Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Business Decisions Made by Level Headed Adults

Undrafted Free Agent

Business Decisions Made by Level Headed Adults

Check any urge to post a childish insult at the door. This thread is for fans who are smart enough to lay the emotion to the side and make a reasonable business decision to improve the team.

In the likely event the Jets cannot find a trade partner for either Sanchez or Tebow, here is my opinion of a sensible way to deal with the QB issue:

April 2013 - Draft the best available QB who has the potential to lead the attacking style offense alluded to by Ryan. A prospect who the team feels has the ability to be the starter as early as his 2nd season.

June 1, 2013 - Cut Sanchez. The 17 million Cap hit would be assessed at 12.3 million in 2013 and 4.8 million in 2014. Oh, and yes the Jets would need to cut Sanchez a check for 8.2 million.

May-Jun-Jul 2013 - Sign a veteran FA QB at NFL minimum

July 2013 - Open training camp with Tebow as starter, his job to lose. Why? His salary is peanuts at 2.5 million. He would definitely lead the offense to better results than the team achieved in 2012 via turnover reduction alone and improved TOP via an improved rush game. If he develops as a passer, bonus.... Other teams will notice.

Use the veteran FA backup to help groom the draftee, use him in emergency, etc.

Basically, win 6-8 games in 2013 while improving Tebow's marketability, while preparing the draftee to take over in 2014.

Unload Tebow in 2014. I would wager that the Jets could get a trade partner next year after Tebow actually has taken 1000 snaps to show what he can do.

2013 will be a rough ride anyway. Ride it with Tebow and see if he can play his way outta town in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    >Wants fans to make reasonable decisions
    >"Open training camp with Tebow as starter, his job to lose"

Yeah, no.

All League
    That is not a very detailed business plan. Also, I think 6 games would be a stretch for the roster of 37 players that will be forced upon us by eating a 12 million cap hit for Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    >Wants fans to make reasonable decisions
    >"Open training camp with Tebow as starter, his job to lose"

Yeah, no.
    I knew as soon as I saw the username and then the use of the word "reasonable" that the OP would be hilariously stupid.

I find it funny how Tebow fans just expect one of the worst QBs in the league to just be GIVEN the starting job. Maybe the guy should go into the offseason and find a QB coach that can help fix his accuracy, timing, mechanics, etc. and then actually try to EARN a roster spot? Wait, I forgot; it's Tebow, so he should just be given what he wants.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I knew as soon as I saw the username and then the use of the word "reasonable" that the OP would be hilariously stupid.

I find it funny how Tebow fans just expect one of the worst QBs in the league to just be GIVEN the starting job. Maybe the guy should go into the offseason and find a QB coach that can help fix his accuracy, timing, mechanics, etc. and then actually try to EARN a roster spot? Wait, I forgot; it's Tebow, so he should just be given what he wants.
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Preach.
    It gets tiresome. These Tebow nuthuggers constantly call us Tebow-haters when THEY'RE the biggest reason we can't stand the guy. I really couldn't give a **** less if my team's backup can't really throw all that well, I really couldn't. But, when he's hyped up and talked about as if he's the greatest thing since Elway, **** gets ooooooooooooooold.

I don't recall there ever being a player being as overrated as Tim is. I can barely throw a football, can't read a blitz, and rarely throw a spiral. Can I get paid a million dollars to do Tim's job? Hell, I bet you I could even wave my arms up and down after running for 2 yards, too. Fair's fair, right? I DESERVE MY SHOT! I DESERVE A CHANCE TO LET THE COACHES SEE IF I SUCK OR NOT! This has to be in game, though. For whatever reason, I'm terrible in practice where I'd be showing basic skills. I'm a gamer, doe; I'm a baller; Playmaker, and a shot-caller. In case you didn't know, I've got McBow (I shattered the mold). And all I do is meh (all I - all I do is meh).
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-11-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Scurry along unless you want to talk Jets QB strategy. Right now, he's the best QB on your roster, even if it's a stopgap measure for 2014.

You don't like my plan because you know it makes sense.

Now run along and grab me a burger & fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Scurry along unless you want to talk Jets QB strategy. Right now, he's the best QB on your roster, even if it's a stopgap measure for 2014.

You don't like my plan because you know it makes sense.

Now run along and grab me a burger & fries.
    > "OMG TALK ABOUT QB STRATEGY!1!!"
    > "GIVE TEBOW DA JOB!"

lel, try again.

It gets tiresome. These Tebow nuthuggers constantly call us Tebow-haters when THEY'RE the biggest reason we can't stand the guy. I really couldn't give a **** less if my team's backup can't really throw all that well, I really couldn't. But, when he's hyped up and talked about as if he's the greatest thing since Elway, **** gets ooooooooooooooold.

I don't recall there ever being a player being as overrated as Tim is. I can barely throw a football, can't read a blitz, and rarely throw a spiral. Can I get paid a million dollars to do Tim's job? Hell, I bet you I could even wave my arms up and down after running for 2 yards, too. Fair's fair, right? I DESERVE MY SHOT! I DESERVE A CHANCE TO LET THE COACHES SEE IF I SUCK OR NOT! This has to be in game, though. For whatever reason, I'm terrible in practice where I'd be showing basic skills. I'm a gamer, doe; I'm a baller; Playmaker, and a shot-caller. In case you didn't know, I've got McBow (I shattered the mold). And all I do is meh (all I - all I do is meh).

Funny. The reason Tebow supporters like me, take issue with guys like you is that you make up so much BULL**** and spread it around like there's no tomorrow.

Tebow can't read a blitz huh ? Tell me what he did on this play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKo-gkbeCY

I'll be damned if that doesn't look like Tebow identifying the blitz and then beating that blitz for a 20 yard TD.

Now, do you want to rethink your bull**** ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Funny. The reason Tebow supporters like me, take issue with guys like you is that you make up so much BULL**** and spread it around like there's no tomorrow.

Tebow can't read a blitz huh ? Tell me what he did on this play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKo-gkbeCY

I'll be damned if that doesn't look like Tebow identifying the blitz and then beating that blitz for a 20 yard TD.

Now, do you want to rethink your bull**** ?
    The play where we saw that all he had to do was beat Eric "Molasses" Smith and decided to run with it when Smith was 2 feet from him? Wow, what an EXPERT!

The play where we saw that all he had to do was beat Eric "Molasses" Smith and decided to run with it when Smith was 2 feet from him? Wow, what an EXPERT!
    Also known as IDENTIFYING A BLITZ, which I do believe is something you claimed that he couldn't do.

Run along now little fella, the water is way too deep for you on this end of the pool.

Also known as IDENTIFYING A BLITZ, which I do believe is something you claimed that he couldn't do.

Run along now little fella, the water is way too deep for you on this end of the pool.
    He ended up scrambling around, not reading it pre-snap, you ****ing idiot. Anyone could do what he did there, are you that ****ing dense?

The Broncos had to change their whole play book to accommodate Tebow when he was starting. If we draft a QB for the future, our new offensive coordinator won't waste his time building a play book that only fits Tebow.

He ended up scrambling around, not reading it pre-snap, you ****ing idiot. Anyone could do what he did there, are you that ****ing dense?
    Dude, you are FOS.

Here's a longer vid showing different replays. Pay attention at the 46 second marker. Watch his eyes. He clearly identified the blitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aNh511oHA

So, pretty much looks like you're the idiot here

Dude, you are FOS.

Here's a longer vid showing different replays. Pay attention at the 46 second marker. Watch his eyes. He clearly identified the blitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aNh511oHA

So, pretty much looks like you're the idiot here
    And once the Dline broke through and forced him back, he scrambled to his left because he knew he could beat Smith. If scrambling now counts as reading the blitz, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    The Broncos had to change their whole play book to accommodate Tebow when he was starting. If we draft a QB for the future, our new offensive coordinator won't waste his time building a play book that only fits Tebow.
    Giddy Up, that's kind of a misconception. Denver pared down the existing playbook and added a number of option plays which was really just modifying existing running plays to be run as Option. It's actually much like what Washington did this year with RG3, though Washington had a more advanced/developed passing attack, while Denver was much more of a run based offense.

And once the Dline broke through and forced him back, he scrambled to his left because he knew he could beat Smith. If scrambling now counts as reading the blitz, fine.
    Jesus McG, he basically set Smith up. He correctly identified the blitz. He saw where pressure would be coming from. He pulled the ball down while Smith was 4 yards away and he outflanked him and got the edge.

Watch the play again as given your description above, it's apparent that you didn't pay close attention. It definitely wasn't a case of the Dline breaking through and forcing Tebow back. Tebow knew what he was going to do PRE SNAP.

How is that possible ? It's because he IDENTIFIED THE BLITZ PRE SNAP, contrary to your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    This thread is for fans who are smart
    Then why the hell are you here?

Don't you have a date with a Teblow blow-up doll to get back to?

The hysteria and emotional drama in this thread were provided for your entertainment by long time Jets fans. The hysterical ones are unable to deal with facts, and when confronted by facts they resort to name-calling and insults.

Even though the OP never said Tebow was an elite HOF Superbowl winning football God, McGinley accused him of doing that. Can't you respond rationally to a discussion? No, I guess not. Must be why he's banned so often, for ugly personal attacks like these.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    The hysteria and emotional drama in this thread were provided for your entertainment by long time Jets fans. The hysterical ones are unable to deal with facts, and when confronted by facts they resort to name-calling and insults.

Even though the OP never said Tebow was an elite HOF Superbowl winning football God, McGinley accused him of doing that. Can't you respond rationally to a discussion? No, I guess not. Must be why he's banned so often, for ugly personal attacks like these.
    McGinley has been banned before?