Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113

Thread: Bob Sutton To Interview With Kansas City

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    And what of his failure to develop young talent?
    Like who?
    Maybin? Mauga? Bellore?
    He did a good job with Harris.
    Except for Davis, what other LB did Rex draft that Sutton failed to develop?
    If Sutton was such a bad coach why didnt Rex fire him? Why did he promote him to Asst HC this past year? Either Rex thinks highly of him as did the previous 3 HCs or Rex is worse than I think he is

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As it stands today, January 11, the only returning defensive starters are projected to be NT Sione Poíuha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, and CB Antonio Cromartie. Harris blows. The safeties want big bucks. Revis serious trade bait.

    That doesn't worry you? That's something "routine" that other teams would do? The defending Super Bowl champion Giants only brought back 3-5 starters from the year before?

    SAR I
    Who else do we genuinely WANT to keep? My list is exactly 1 person long - Landry.

    You already assume Revis is gone - right now he is a starting player on the Jet D for 2013.

    Meanwhile, Coples is under contract and can take over on the DL - in my opinion, he damned well BETTER start, based on his draft position and productivity in 2012. Similarly, McIntyre and Davis at LB - both are at least as good as the aging cripples they can / should replace.

    So there's 3 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB's ... 8 of 11 players currently under contract that have (IMHO) at least the same ability level as last year's starters. Who also happen to be (a) younger and (b) cheaper.

    I hope to God we draft a top prospect at OLB, then we still have to address both safety spots. Landry I want - not sure we can afford. If so, hey ho, that's the way it goes sometimes - look at our current backups / FA options / draft options. Bell is OK, but not someone I'll lose sleep over if he's not back next year.

  3. #43
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Communication, and discipline just what Andy is looking for, good luck Bob.
    What? No way, can't have any of that in New York, have to go to Kansas City to find a professionally run NFL franchise.

    SAR I

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You guys confuse me, you really do.

    You: "We have to keep Rex! Our defense is awesome!"

    Me: "But we can't beat winning teams, 1-11 against them since 2010. And we only beat scrubs, pad our stats that way."

    You: "We had the #1 defense in the league, then #3, now #8. We rock!"

    Me: "But the coaching staff is being gutted. Looks like half of them are leaving. They were a major contributor to the defensive success, right?"

    You: "No! Every coach who is leaving sucks!"

    Me: "Sort of surprised that only 5 of our defensive starters are under contract and Revis looks like trade bait and Harris sucks. That's a decent likelihood that only 3 of 11 defensive players might return."

    You: "Don't worry about that!"

    SAR I
    Coples and Davis were drafted to start, yes?

  5. #45
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Your continued distortion of the truth is so damn annoying.

    Harris is returning as a starter, your opinion of him doesnt matter.

    Revis is under contract, and will return. If for some reason he or cro is traded, then the CB who started the last 13 games for us in 2012 will.

    Pace and Devito could also likely return.

    Yermiah Bell doesnt command "big bucks".

    For someone with such a time and money investment in the Jets you probably should start to learn a little more.
    All of that makes sense in a stable organization headed in the right direction.

    The Jets are a joke organization headed for the deep south.

    Not sure why any of the free agents would want to return under those conditions, especially with most of their coaches gone to different teams and wanting to recruit them there.

    Not sure why the Jets would want to keep Revis when we can get something of value from him before he pulls his holdout shenanigans again.

    Your continued distortion of the truth is so damn ignorant.

    SAR I

  6. #46
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Who else do we genuinely WANT to keep? My list is exactly 1 person long - Landry.

    You already assume Revis is gone - right now he is a starting player on the Jet D for 2013.

    Meanwhile, Coples is under contract and can take over on the DL - in my opinion, he damned well BETTER start, based on his draft position and productivity in 2012. Similarly, McIntyre and Davis at LB - both are at least as good as the aging cripples they can / should replace.

    So there's 3 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB's ... 8 of 11 players currently under contract that have (IMHO) at least the same ability level as last year's starters. Who also happen to be (a) younger and (b) cheaper.

    I hope to God we draft a top prospect at OLB, then we still have to address both safety spots. Landry I want - not sure we can afford. If so, hey ho, that's the way it goes sometimes - look at our current backups / FA options / draft options. Bell is OK, but not someone I'll lose sleep over if he's not back next year.
    Hey, I wanted all these defensive slowpokes gone, no argument from me on that end.

    The issue is that our owner told us "We have Rex, we don't have to worry about that side of the ball, all we need to do is have a attack offense and a little more Rex on the team and we're going to be in the playoff mix."

    Uh oh.

    SAR I

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As it stands today, January 11, the only returning defensive starters are projected to be NT Sione Poíuha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, and CB Antonio Cromartie. Harris blows. The safeties want big bucks. Revis serious trade bait.

    That doesn't worry you? That's something "routine" that other teams would do? The defending Super Bowl champion Giants only brought back 3-5 starters from the year before?

    SAR I
    You'll see some serious turnover on the Giants D this year but hey they're a model franchise. Osi leaving, Tuck finished, Corey Webster gone, LB changes big decision on Rolle ,quite possibly 4-5 new starters on D. Its what happens in salary cap football.


    Wilkerson, Coples, Harrison & Po'uha make up a formidable DL. Harris, Davis, Mcyntyre + rookie/FA will be a hell of a lot better than Scott/Pace/BT/Harris. I agree safety is a concern and I feel they should make an effort to resign Landry. I think Cro should be the trade bait , but won't be surprised to see both back. Bottom line Cro right now has more value and a lower future potential. Yeah there's a lot of change in sight but if there's any place I feel comfortable in Rex its in getting his D to play .

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,117
    Rex has been concentrating on the back and the front of the defense and been trying to get away with the middle, problem is O has not panned with it's picks. Build a D to keep you in games while you build an O as your Qb learns. We still can be competitive once the O gets a few more players big problem is one is a QB, and the rest are in key positions as well. This is going to be extremely interesting how they get back on track to say the least. With the correct people in place they can be back on track in 2014.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Like who?
    Maybin? Mauga? Bellore?
    He did a good job with Harris.
    Except for Davis, what other LB did Rex draft that Sutton failed to develop?
    If Sutton was such a bad coach why didnt Rex fire him? Why did he promote him to Asst HC this past year? Either Rex thinks highly of him as did the previous 3 HCs or Rex is worse than I think he is
    Not for nothing, but a lot of other LB coaches develop undrafted free agents. Sutton has been here a lot of years. What LB has over-performed under his tutelage?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Daily News has learned that the Chiefs requested permission to interview assistant head coach/linebackers Bob Sutton for a position on Andy Reidís staff. Itís unclear whether Ryan granted permission or whether Sutton has gone on his interview. If Sutton leaves, the next step could be a Ryan brothersí reunion.

    (The mass defections continue.)

    SAR I

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Actually, hes one of the best LB coaches in the league and well respected throughout the league. Thats why hes bee retained by every coaching staff from Groh to Herm to Mangini to Rex
    Ummmmm yeah but what do HC coaches know about coaching NFL players!!!

    Why all of the true coaching experts are right out here on JI saying for no reason whatsoever that Sutton stinks!!!

    Half of the folks that post that drivel only do so because he is a Jets coach; why if Sutton were on another staff, th very same folks would bemoan the fact that the Jets are a joke and that is why we can't someone of his caliber to come to the Jets....

    No, you can't make it up.....

  12. #52
    Man, some folks on this board could turn a sunny day into death itself.
    Any story or news about the Jets is turned upside down and negative without the posters have the slightest clue as to why a situation is taking place
    Yet many of you write like your flies on the wall, putting your negative spin on everything. We get it, your not happy, but let the damn situation play out and see how it all turns out before you condemn it.
    I have followed this team since I was 11 years old, I am now 57. So I have seen my share of misery, believe me I want to win as much, if not more, than many of you here. Yet, I have learned you have to let things play out and then judge the results.
    Yes, the results the last two seasons have been disappointing to say the lease. The many factors behind this are being addressed and corrected
    I honestly would love to Rex succeed and turn it around. Then all you folks who have spent hours upon hours just bad mouthing the man and the whole Jets organization would simply say how wrong you were.
    You would also, I am sure, not what to hear over and over how wrong you were.
    Last edited by fltflo; 01-11-2013 at 09:09 AM.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Actually, hes one of the best LB coaches in the league and well respected throughout the league. Thats why hes bee retained by every coaching staff from Groh to Herm to Mangini to Rex
    So based on the last couple of years, I guess we just have terrible linebackers.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    yeah...

    Because Bob Sutton is SOOOO awesome.

    He should have been fired years ago.
    +1 Mr. Stone Face

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    He's interviewing to be KC's defensive coordinator. Not a lateral move.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Like who?
    Maybin? Mauga? Bellore?
    He did a good job with Harris.
    Except for Davis, what other LB did Rex draft that Sutton failed to develop?
    If Sutton was such a bad coach why didnt Rex fire him? Why did he promote him to Asst HC this past year? Either Rex thinks highly of him as did the previous 3 HCs or Rex is worse than I think he is
    all of the above should've at least been serviceable options given the age and rapidly-declining play of our starters. every team around the league does it, why not the Jets?

    as LB coach he's responsible for developing the young LBs and also internal scouting at the position, and Sutton failed at both. good riddance.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    lookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelo okatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelook atmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookat melookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatme lookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelo okatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelook atmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookat melookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatme lookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelo okatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelook atmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookat melookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatme lookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelo okatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelook atmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookatmelookat me

    lookatme
    Hey my friend I see you!!!!

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Daily News has learned that the Chiefs requested permission to interview assistant head coach/linebackers Bob Sutton for a position on Andy Reidís staff. Itís unclear whether Ryan granted permission or whether Sutton has gone on his interview. If Sutton leaves, the next step could be a Ryan brothersí reunion.

    (The mass defecations continue.)

    SAR I
    Fixed

  19. #59
    People want Rex's system. They are willing to take guys like Sutton to get it.

  20. #60
    I wouldn't call Leaving to become a DC jumping ship. But spin it anyway you like. Jets were an underachieving team held back by an inconsistent shell shocked QB who at one time had incredible moxie. They made dumb moves these past two off seasons. One was chasing nnamdi whom many people thought woulda been a awesome duo with Revis. and we lost out on good players like brad smith. We signed Holmes over (a healthy)Edwards. Understandable when u re watch those games from 2010 But a terrible move. Signing Timmy as your number 2 knowing what your QB looked like the season before. There's plenty to look at in hindsight. Having a QB playing at a above average level is huge . Have them play below average is just as damning. They wanted Greene to be the guy,a bruiser. He's a bruiser but no YAC. He just trucks you and falls down.


    If your gonna play control the clock football turnovers are a killer the jets killed themselves all season. I'm not sure Pennington had 3 redzone picks his entire run with the jets. #6 on the other hand.......

    The drafts didn't support the philosophy. We shoulda drafted a guy like Orson Charles or bobby massi,signed Eric Winston. picked up a guy like Chris Polk.

    In the end having a franchise QB makes a world of difference. Indy Washington Arizona Seattle Pittsburgh ect can attest to that. Eli plays well giants win he plays badly they lose.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us